Forum

Quarantine response to Beavern's ban

Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 27 Next »

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

10/10 would read again.

1. Make all players record a demo for an ETF2L official, and try and upload it, if uploading gets tedious atleast store the demo.

2. Players must then upload the demo if asked to by the other team or an AC member, failure to do so will result in a minor warning but only on the second time of asking.

3. Obviously there is no problems with PREC or demo uploading so this shouldn’t be a problem, this way there is more evidence available to AC Admins, a player that has nothing to hide will try and upload, a cheater that has something to hide will avoid this, possibly the AC admins will put more a greater suspect tag on him.

This would need to be more enforced for it to work but it can be a start, naturally all demo reviewing is done in private than ticks being shared out for all to look at.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

You cant ban someone because of a single scene.

by that logic I could use the most blatant aimbot, if i only do it once.

randa

tl;dr unban beavern; ban quad.

Rule should be as it is now, all players must record demos and if you suspect someone you can ask for those demos. If you refuse to upload there should be punishment.

p.s ups is gay :D

Last edited by randa,

ups

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

You cant ban someone because of a single scene even if it looks ridicoulus.

Oh rly

P.S.: randa’s mad

Last edited by ups,

demsii

EPA

Quoted from slate

[…]

multiple evidence isn’t necessary, even a 5second demo is enough if it manages to prove cheating beyond a doubt.

Problem is that hardly ever is only a single event enough proof that a player cheats, so you have to gather multiple pieces of evidence .. and some are subtle and others are more obvious.. A smart cheater makes sure what he does isn’t too obvious, so a single piece of evidence would never be enough then. (Unless they aren’t very smart which goes for the majority of currently banned cheaters in etf2l)

Last edited by demsii,

reactioN

Quoted from ups

[…]

Oh rly

P.S.: randa’s mad

obviously i didn’t meant scenes like this, more like a sniper making a sick shot that looked supsicious

quad

Quoted from randa

tl;dr unban beavern; ban quad.

Rule should be as it is now, all players must record demos and if you suspect someone you can ask for those demos. If you refuse to upload there should be punishment.

p.s ups is gay :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSRQlwFbnsk

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I would like to know who the otehr Ac admins were who said that they didn’t find anything wrong with the demo’s.

If they are admins of major leagues or have a long history of AC then their opinions are one of the biggest and most compelling points in the OP.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from demsii

[…]

Problem is that hardly ever is only a single event enough proof that a player cheats, so you have to gather multiple pieces of evidence .. and some are subtle and others are more obvious.. A smart cheater makes sure what he does isn’t too obvious, so a single piece of evidence would never be enough then. (Unless they aren’t very smart which goes for the majority of currently banned cheaters in etf2l)

I’m not arguing that, but in your previous post you said every ban should be warranted with mutiple pieces of evidence, but especially vs “smart” cheaters that will be hard, as they might only screw up once.

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

I would like to know who the otehr Ac admins were who said that they didn’t find anything wrong with the demo’s.

If they are admins of major leagues or have a long history of AC then their opinions are one of the biggest and most compelling points in the OP.

It’s the only point in the OP.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

It’s the only point in the OP.

Well we are in agreement that if that part is true, then there is a serious issue.

davesan

epx^
Panda

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Suggest one that we can actually get and isn’t shit.

reach out to the community and see if there’s anyone who can make one with your requirements? im sure theres plently of people here who know how to code

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from davesan

[…]

reach out to the community and see if there’s anyone who can make one with your requirements? im sure theres plently of people here who know how to code

i already made one

demsii

EPA

Quoted from slate

[…]

I’m not arguing that, but in your previous post you said every ban should be warranted with mutiple pieces of evidence, but especially vs “smart” cheaters that will be hard, as they might only screw up once.

Even with a “smart” cheater you will always have multiple dodgy moments. I meant overall evidence though, not from like a single demo :P

EDIT: on a side-note, I do wish that everyone throwing in the “he’s a nice guy”-card realizes that it’s means pretty much nothing. If you’re a smart cheater you will ALWAYS be nice, ‘cuz it makes you less suspicious and you get less accusations that way ‘cuz “he’s a nice guy, he wouldn’t do such a thing”. Every person has a lot of sides and there is only 1 person that ever truly sees the real you – yourself. If I were to be banned I don’t think I’d get this much support simply because I’m considered a “cunt” by certain people and bandwagonfanboys. Keep it in mind.

Last edited by demsii,

hykleri

One thing that bugs me… How do you know if someone is a good AC admin, or even up for a job? Like huhy has been in the AC team for weeks now if i am not mistaken, and everyone was like: FINALLY! HUHY ROCKS! etc. etc. So how do you know if someone is good for the job? I mean like, to me it looks like if you are a “nice, popular” guy it is more likely they will pick you up for the job, and most of the people will be happy about it, since you are a cool kid. But again, how do you know if he is a good AC admin or not? Is there any div6 noname guy in the AC team? I doubt it, but what if there is a div6 noname guy who is actually a hundred times better than anyone else in the team right now.

Where can I apply to be an AC admin? Like seriously.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 27 Next »