Forum

What ya gonna do AC team?

Created 19th January 2011 @ 09:27

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 22 Next »

caned

MEAT
LEGO

Quoted from xzr

My god this thread is retarded, the AC team doesn’t owe you spastics any explanations. Live with it

+

Quoted from N/A

will you all just shut the fuck up

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from xzr

xac is utter fucking bullshit, wire has the idea right but it keeps causing lags for people

dont have a 500GB big tf2 folder with over9000 files in it and it will stop lagging ingame :)

N/A

RaWr ::

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

dont have a 500GB big tf2 folder with over9000 files in it and it will stop lagging ingame :)

you are stupid

xzr

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

you are stupid

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from xzr

[…]

you are stupid

you are sexy

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

you are sexy

i think we are ignoring the most obvious blatant cheater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAxM59Mx38

at 55 seconds hes using an aimbot to track the scout, the scout dissapears and he loses his lock, his crosshair literally dies on the spot because hes not even moving his mouse. scout comes round again and the tracking starts again. really really obvious mistake that completely gives away the cheat. would dodgy as FUCK even if he hadn’t been banned before and his tracking was absolutely pixel perfect.

also he pulls a dorkan on the sniper near 2:50, i’m not one to go on a massive cheater crusade, but so many people actually seem to think this guy is legit when its plain as day hes not. seen so many css players doing exactly the same things using ventrilo.exe

Last edited by Arcadizz1e,

Tikcus

The people getting banned is not the real problem, it’s the lack of transparency. Straight away I hear people think when I say transparency it means showing demos, it doesn’t.

Nothing in ETF2L is transparent.

The banning policy needs to be wrote down and visible (to everyone), some people have been banned from etf2l that were not cheating (D2M said almost as much the other day), this is not a new thing.

A right to appeal must be available, this would instantly remove the thousands of posts every time someone is banned , at the same time the admins need to pull their heads in and admit when they have made a mistake, and actively seek to correct their mistakes (in all things not just anti-cheat)

I’d hope ETF2L admins were no longer banning people on a few seconds/minutes of ‘evidence’ as even a div 6 player goes on a streak once in a while of not missing for 10 seconds etc.

If the ETF2L Anti cheat Policy was structured as follows it would be more acceptable to the greater public

Anti cheat team is split in to two independent teams (2*3 members minimum, 2*4 ideal)

If Anti-cheat team suspect a player is cheating/has been provided some evidence

1. – POV Demos are requested from all players involved, in 3 matches that have been played, along with STV demos
(This helps hide the identity of player in question, whilst providing the A/C team with 90 minutes more of footage of the player)
2. The STV, and POV demos are watched by 1 team, 100% agreement is needed to ban a player, each admins decision should be submitted before discussion (to remove potential influence), between the admins.
3. If a Player is found cheating he is banned, the player and team leader are informed, there is no news post (news post bans do nothing but promote drama)
4. If player says I’m innocent and appeals the demos of that player are forwarded to the second team to look at, without ticks of where the first A/C team banned him or what he was banned for (if you go looking for an aim bot or wall hack you will always find it)
5. The second team like the first team need to be in 100% agreement to ban him
6. If the second team find him guilty he is added to the bans list and his ban is increased in time. (NO news posts)
7. If the player doesn’t appeal against his ban his ban is instantly added to the bans list (NO news posts)

Right, now that’s been wrote out IMO a change to the length of the bans needs to be put into place, this will help stop people signing up again under a different name along with discouraging people cheating again, or wasting admins time but be long enough to stop people cheating in the first place

1. First time ban – 6 month ban
2. Failed appeal – ban increased to 18 months
3. 2nd ban – 18 months
4. 3rd ban – life time ban

If all this (or some of it) is brought into place, ETF2L will be a better place, and everyone will be in the knowledge that no-one gets banned because they raped an admin in a dm server.

n/b

not a fan of anti-cheat programs

edit

before you ask, yes I have worked on anti-cheat before, and I’m not planning to put my name forward as an ac admin

Last edited by Tikcus,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Nice idea, but the AC admins are volunteers, so get 6/8 of them is hard let alone this lengthy 90 mins of video to look through, although this would be best system, it is unlikely unless we somehow get more admins.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Tikcus

The people getting banned is not the real problem, it’s the lack of transparency. Straight away I hear people think when I say transparency it means showing demos, it doesn’t.

Nothing in ETF2L is transparent.

The banning policy needs to be wrote down and visible (to everyone), some people have been banned from etf2l that were not cheating (D2M said almost as much the other day), this is not a new thing.

A right to appeal must be available, this would instantly remove the thousands of posts every time someone is banned , at the same time the admins need to pull their heads in and admit when they have made a mistake, and actively seek to correct their mistakes (in all things not just anti-cheat)

I’d hope ETF2L admins were no longer banning people on a few seconds/minutes of ‘evidence’ as even a div 6 player goes on a streak once in a while of not missing for 10 seconds etc.

If the ETF2L Anti cheat Policy was structured as follows it would be more acceptable to the greater public

Anti cheat team is split in to two independent teams (2*3 members minimum, 2*4 ideal)

If Anti-cheat team suspect a player is cheating/has been provided some evidence

1. – POV Demos are requested from all players involved, in 3 matches that have been played, along with STV demos
(This helps hide the identity of player in question, whilst providing the A/C team with 90 minutes more of footage of the player)
2. The STV, and POV demos are watched by 1 team, 100% agreement is needed to ban a player, each admins decision should be submitted before discussion (to remove potential influence), between the admins.
3. If a Player is found cheating he is banned, the player and team leader are informed, there is no news post (news post bans do nothing but promote drama)
4. If player says I’m innocent and appeals the demos of that player are forwarded to the second team to look at, without ticks of where the first A/C team banned him or what he was banned for (if you go looking for an aim bot or wall hack you will always find it)
5. The second team like the first team need to be in 100% agreement to ban him
6. If the second team find him guilty he is added to the bans list and his ban is increased in time. (NO news posts)
7. If the player doesn’t appeal against his ban his ban is instantly added to the bans list (NO news posts)

Right, now that’s been wrote out IMO a change to the length of the bans needs to be put into place, this will help stop people signing up again under a different name along with discouraging people cheating again, or wasting admins time but be long enough to stop people cheating in the first place

1. First time ban – 6 month ban
2. Failed appeal – ban increased to 18 months
3. 2nd ban – 18 months
4. 3rd ban – life time ban

If all this (or some of it) is brought into place, ETF2L will be a better place, and everyone will be in the knowledge that no-one gets banned because they raped an admin in a dm server.

n/b

not a fan of anti-cheat programs

edit

before you ask, yes I have worked on anti-cheat before, and I’m not planning to put my name forward as an ac admin

imo life time ban after first ban :)

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

even when he’s reloading so there’s not much point in him even tracking him anymore

??
reload + track = hack?

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Tikcus

wall of text

will not work cos admins will start talking to each others and say “wow did you see @ 4:35 he is aiming like a hacker!!” and then the other one will be biased.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Tikcus

Tikcus’s post

You’re an idiot.

ETF2L is not a democracy; they are not accountable to you. Everyone involved is a volunteer putting in silly amounts of time. If they decide to ban someone for any reason, it is their choice and you do not have nor deserve a say in the matter.

If this is a problem, fuck off and start your own league.

Last edited by Skyride,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Tikcus

Woah there son! I didn’t say that at all. My comments were in relation to the competency of some former AC admins. I didn’t say anything about people being banned unjustly. Just that the opinions of some of the people I had worked with were amusing at best.

I don’t know of the experience of the current set of AC admins, but they wouldn’t be there if they hadn’t proven themselves capable.

However, if you were to ask me if I felt someone had been banned unfairly from the league – I would answer with yes – but not in the last 15 months or so.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Arcadizz1e

[…]

i think we are ignoring the most obvious blatant cheater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAxM59Mx38

at 55 seconds hes using an aimbot to track the scout, the scout dissapears and he loses his lock, his crosshair literally dies on the spot because hes not even moving his mouse. scout comes round again and the tracking starts again. really really obvious mistake that completely gives away the cheat. would dodgy as FUCK even if he hadn’t been banned before and his tracking was absolutely pixel perfect.

also he pulls a dorkan on the sniper near 2:50, i’m not one to go on a massive cheater crusade, but so many people actually seem to think this guy is legit when its plain as day hes not. seen so many css players doing exactly the same things using ventrilo.exe

lol

flushy

P.O.P

plz dont ban quad we need more danish ppl in the scene : ( amirite

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 22 Next »