Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 25 Next »

randa

Quoted from Feneer

[…]
oh, my bad, didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed an opinion as a div 6 player, must’ve missed that particular rule. Why so afraid of variety, do you simply lack the versatility to change tactics on the fly?

Imo no, I’ve been playing this game more than two years why should a group of players that have been playing it for a few months be allowed to change the ruleset the majority has become accustomed to ?

Quoted from AcidReniX

(I find sentry guns, demomen, snipers and spies quite annoying tbh)

And? You chose to play the game those years back even when they were a key part of the game. Now they are just adding too much random bollocks keep it the game the majority of us decided we like when we bought it not the hat simulator it is now.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I don’t think you understand.

I find them annoying, it doesn’t mean I want or am asking for them to be removed. My point is, some shit in the game IS annoying for you. Deal with it and stop using that as a reason why weapons should be banned. Some key unlocks can enhance competitive play and keep the game fresh. Kritzkrieg is a good example of an unlock that enhances the game.

In the same way that Kritzkrieg opens up a few select strategies, so do several other unlocks that are simply not harmful to competitive play… but enhance it. If you want to play the game when it first came out, then be my guest, but I’m not a big fan of random damage, no unlocks at all, all the other random bugs and tweaks being undone.

You don’t want to play the game as it first came out, you want to play the game with some select unlocks (medic) and all the buffs/tweaks that valve added. Just as you want to have a couple of medic unlocks, there are people who want a few more. Would the game be worse without the kritzkrieg? I think it probably would. I also think it is worse without several other unlocks. My opinion of course, but others do share it.

And I think you overestimate ‘the majority of us’.

Last edited by AcidReniX,

Spank

Quoted from Ched

[…]
Even as someone who has been fortunate enough to play in Div 3, I still stick to the same old loadout out of fear that I might accidently use a banned weapon. What’s the point in allowing unlocks if people like me resort to intentionally sticking to one loadout?

Not a valid argument m8, thats just being lazy.
Sure i get confused on the randomlolclasses that you pull out when youre fukkn about, but thats in pcw’s – where playing a team that uses banned weapons is more a rule than an exception. But i’m 110% on whats allowed and whats not on my the classes i play seriously.
(Yes, spectator is a class on its own… so fuuuu!!)

But i would vote no on a poll. Not that i’m against the unlocks, i’m against the way i know it would be handled. Unbalanced shit would not be fixed in time, rather be removed after a season has completed – and thats a season down the drain.

Anathema

If something is annoying, lowers the skill ceiling and adds nothing interesting to the game, it should be banned.

FaN, I’m looking at you.

N/A

Don’t allow players outside EU to play in ETF2L (I am sick of harbleu but my love for him is too strong to tell him he’s kicked) :( Also I think Israelis are noobs

Last edited by N/A,

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from Feneer

[…]
oh, my bad, didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed an opinion as a div 6 player, must’ve missed that particular rule. Why so afraid of variety, do you simply lack the versatility to change tactics on the fly?

That is such a stupid argument. No players in the higher divs “lack the versatility to change tactics on the fly”. It’s just that no one wants to have to adapt to someone rolling out with the sticky jumper and one-shotting the med with the new demo melee (hi yyt). You wouldn’t tell football players they are afraid of change if all of a sudden you put a massive hole in the middle of the pitch. That would just be retarded.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Allow 2 medics /thread

AcidReniX

Quoted from Anathema

If something is annoying, lowers the skill ceiling and adds nothing interesting to the game, it should be banned.

FaN, I’m looking at you.

You say that, but FaN adds lots of new movement potential, a different play style for scouts using the weapon. Many more offensive and defensive capabilities at the cost of DM effectiveness. You say it lowers the skill ceiling, but different classes do exactly the same thing. For example, a pyro is more effective than a soldier at public level… a heavy is more effective than a soldier at low div levels, a demoman is more effective than a scout at higher levels etc…

Don’t treat the unlock as an addition to the class that makes the class easier to play (for the record, I don’t beleive it does but i’ll go with it)… treat it as a new class that is more effective in certain aspects of the game, and less effective in others.

kaidus

WiK?

FaN doesn’t lower the skill ceiling. A top scattergun player will nearly always be more useful than a top fan player (though theres obviously few if any of these), but the skill requirement is definitely less for those in the middle of the pack and below.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

No russians.

(except Rinta)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

cp_bazillion !

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

By the way just want to say how I love how this thread turned into a discussion about unlocks, maps and class limits even though the OP never intended it to.

Martn

Quoted from Hildreth

By the way just want to say how I love how this thread turned into a discussion about unlocks, maps and class limits even though the OP never intended it to.

Unfortunately, thats all these pee-brains can talk about it.
I tried to make this topic something constructive, but it turned out into another unlocks thread.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

kinda funny to read. It is like the Youtube comments on music videos or something.

anyway – ARX FOR PM!

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Permzilla

cp_bazillion !

hell god christ no

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 25 Next »