Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 25 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from AcidReniX

Someone might have all the game sense in the world, but if their aim isn’t good enough, they will struggle to use their game sense to any advantage.

Play medic!

Last edited by ilike2spin,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

But what if the team allready had the knowledge. Maybe, being mentored? Spectating games. Knowledge and understanding of the game can only take you so far, after that you need to have good execution. That is something that is very difficult to change.

AcidReniX

yes iliketospin, but we can’t have 6 medics can we ;PPP
But good shout!

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Ched

Last thing I want to see is teams winning their divisions because they were able to defualt win their way to victory because of other team accidently using banned unlocks.

Just ban them all already, honestly.

ETF2L has as many or probably even less unlock rulebreaks than ESl / wireplay (hi fragclips with banned weapons) while having a metagame that is nearly the same.

Why argue so much about an administrative issue while you already have nearly the gameplay you want?

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

1. Enforce a mixture of new weapons for everyone.
2. Some prem players QQ for a bit.
3. They leave and are replaced by new players.
4. ????
5. profit

_Ben

;?

what if what if what if

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

tl;dr

I’m all for what Arx is fighting for, stop being pussies and learn to adapt instead of making bullshit excuses as to why they shouldn’t be used. 99.99% have not played with the new weapons or even come across them in competitive. There is literally zero first hand experience of the simulated bullshit that people have introduced into this thread.

People need to come to terms with the fact that these weapons offer a much greater experience in this game and give alot of variations to strategies. Watch some games from ESEA, they’re far more exciting than the ones over here.

Ched

.tony

Quoted from RaCio

[…]ETF2L has as many or probably even less unlock rulebreaks than ESl / wireplay (hi fragclips with banned weapons) while having a metagame that is nearly the same.

Why argue so much about an administrative issue while you already have nearly the gameplay you want?

I’d agree out of all the leagues, ETF2L has by far done the best job. However I believe it’d be good for the community to make a decision or at least a general consensus before even more unlocks are added. Even as someone who has been fortunate enough to play in Div 3, I still stick to the same old loadout out of fear that I might accidently use a banned weapon. What’s the point in allowing unlocks if people like me resort to intentionally sticking to one loadout?

I would personally prefered if Valve decided instead of adding new unlocks that are blatent upgrades to the originals, (see ubersaw) they could have just as easily just added the new mechanics to the already existing weapons. They more or less did this when they added the airblast to the pyro. They could have introduced a new unlock that could airblast but instead had a drawback but instead they just added the new mechanic to the original flamethrower.

Defur

Allowing all new unlocks would be hilarious, so many new tactics and stuff that you have to take into consideration.

This argument is really annoying to talk about, people wanting them to be allowed say that the others not wanting them allowed are just afraid of change, but they can counter with saying that the weapons are unbalanced. Then again, is there any “proof” that they are imbalanced? We have never played with them in any leagues yet, and it doesnt feel like the ETF2L Admins talking with each other if they’re going to be allowed or not doesn’t solve the question. Why cant we just have a place, a leauge or ladder, that is bigger than a cup and doesn’t go all out in one night where all weapons are allowed or something.

AcidReniX

I think most people who are fighting for some constrained use of unlocks in this game, don’t want to see an ‘allow all’ option. I think most people agree it might be too much. Not everyone, the people who want every single unlock are allowed their opinion. I personally would still play the game if every unlock was allowed, though I would prefer it if they weren’t ‘all’ allowed.

But as someone said, over in ESEA, we see some creative use of TDH, Targe, FaN as examples. The USA soldiers don’t really complain about TDH, not that i’ve seen anyway. They realise there is a very large trade off in your damage output on a group of enemies. They just get on with it, realise it does actually add something to the game. At the same time a lot of teams just use vanilla unlocks. They aren’t using it out of principle… they just use it because they see it as the best combination for their team.

People argue about the unlocks over here, but it’s unlocks they simply do not want to use. They don’t want others to use them because they have no interest in using them for themselves. It’s not about balance of the game, or too much change. It’s simply people wanting them banned out of spite. No significant unlock (except maybe the equaliser) that has been suggested in this thread or any other is considered an ‘essential’ unlock. As in… teams HAVE to run that class combined with the unlock too, or they have a much stronger chance of losing.

GRU is a straight up buff to the heavy. There is no real downside, or should I say, the downside is very insignificant. But people seem to think that having the GRU makes the heavy essential on mid fights. I do not think that’s the case. I think it makes it more viable to run heavy, as he will actually be part of the fight, but I don’t you NEED a heavy just to even compete the middle… Two soldiers can be the most effective combination of damage output in the game, short of maybe, a demoman and a soldier.

Wiiking

Make a poll stop the discussion -.-

About those unlocks ur right Arx, but discussions were already way ahead of where the rules currently were at. That those unlocks listed needed to be banned and the changes to the weapons didnt change that.

I cant say this for every unlock currently out there (I havent even tried em) but i played against those weapons listed long enough to have an opinion – that those unlocks were a good change and fun to use, but mostly just annoying to play against. For me the “just annoying” argument is good enough.

Btw, GRU looks interesting and yes, we got what we asked for when it comes to unlock changes. But how can we rly know what we are asking for will help us without trying stuff properly. Discussions such as in this thread is just not going anywhere.

The balance of unlocks is not only for competive play btw.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

^ This game isn’t evolved around a middle fucking point either, pushing with a heavy at any point is difficult, it would only add impact to middle, and most likely have a much less than significant effect elsewhere, of course, unless you are defending.

Edit: This was to add to Arx post regarding the GRU issue and its upgrade.

Last edited by howdeh,

Wiiking

Quoted from _Ben

[…]

I disagree I believe the knowledge given to the div6 players alone would get them promoted

Ulvs (hes nub) ex team Team Onlinegamer and numlocked is a perfect example to prove that one player can make a difference!

Last edited by Wiiking,

Arnold

DAKKA

Heavy is a retard class anyway

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Arnold

Heavy is a retard class anyway

i like your pubic hair.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 25 Next »