Forum

How many games do you have left to play?

Created 14th December 2010 @ 18:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from hans

By the way, how about unlocking player registration for teams again?

Done. However to everyone still involved in the playoffs, remember that your rosters are locked for them. Anyone new that you add to your team must be accepted as a merc even if they are verified before the match.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from SnowiE

The premiership games were systematically attacked for a few weeks making it impossible to get games played, so they got a few extra weeks to make up for this. Everyone else had 9 weeks to play 9 games (or almost certainly less after drops), so they had no real excuse for not getting things done.

How come this was never announced officially and seems to only apply in the case of TCM (who through lineup issues were the only ones to still have games left to play come the deadline)? It’s my understanding that there were a few matches that were either defaulted or played with mercs under the pretense of all matches were required to play by the 24th, even in prem. Seems to me kinda unfair on other teams who were told otherwise to what you stated here.

Last edited by Vali,

RaCio

GoT²

People needed to have their games scheduled by the 19th/24th to be safe. Playing with mercs is a lot smarter then expecting your opponent to be able to play during Christmas and possibly getting a default loss because they can’t.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from RaCio

People needed to have their games scheduled by the 19th/24th to be safe.

Er, I was told to have my games *played* before the 24th..

We had our game against Fenneks scheduled close to this date, but eventually it turned out that it couldn’t be played. We had no choice but to claim a default win because, as we both were told, it would not have been possible to play our game any later..

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from RaCio

People needed to have their games scheduled by the 19th/24th to be safe. Playing with mercs is a lot smarter then expecting your opponent to be able to play during Christmas and possibly getting a default loss because they can’t.

It’s not really any good saying that now when people were told by admins that matches had to be played by the 24th, not simply scheduled. If we are to assume that the “real” deadline was the 4th of Jan, since that seems to be when you’ve decided that undecided results should be decided, then why was absolutely nobody informed of this? Having a “secret” match deadline is incredibly retarded.

Is a strict match deadline so hard? You give people a reasonable amount of time to play (I’m in favour of 9 weeks + 1 catch-up week at the end of the season personally) and then punish teams that fail to play the matches within that time. The 24th was a good deadline, all but 7 games got played. Why be unfair to those that organised their games on time or rushed to get all of their games played by then not enforcing that deadline?

Spike Himself

TC

I think this is the first time ever I agree with Vali.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Vali

[…]
It’s not really any good saying that now when people were told by admins that matches had to be played by the 24th, not simply scheduled. If we are to assume that the “real” deadline was the 4th of Jan, since that seems to be when you’ve decided that undecided results should be decided, then why was absolutely nobody informed of this?

The match outcomes (default / no score) were decided using the statistics of the availability before the official deadline (the 19th).

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from RaCio

The match outcomes (default / no score) were decided using the statistics of the availability before the official deadline (the 19th).

That didn’t address any of the questions I raised.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5