Forum

How to punish the droppers?

Created 25th October 2010 @ 13:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

M24_

In all honesty there is nothing you can really do, how do you fairly punish a team that broke up and will likely not be playing together. also I don’t know about you but i would rather have teams drop now so that admins can reshuffle the divisions and get a team on the wating list on.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
Possibly the only stupid thing i’ve ever read from you on these forums

lol I guess I’ll take that as a compliment then :p

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

Tbh, label everyone with their clan div, if that team does fold it means each player can’t play in the same div or higher next season which means they get demoted as players not a ‘team’

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from jgmaster

Do a deposit system. Everyone from the team has to pay a deposit of one hat or whatever and if they drop then they don’t get the items back.

Sounds interesting!

Daggial

fap

canceled :)

Last edited by Daggial,

dougiie

CotC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXNJMP8ir4 0.50

etf2l will write the dropped teams a letter, and tell them how angry they are.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Droppers should be forced to but a round of drinks at the next lan they attend, no one could afford to drop then!

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

When 8U played in the afs season, every single team droped except Nervous Energy Blue, and Iguana. But they didn’t even show up to there matches. So yeah, I sort of punishment would be nice.

Last edited by KrullkrigareN^,

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Lol all these whiners….

Especially that Matt guy.

O =(.

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

Quoted from Monkeh

Make it so that once you leave a team you can’t join another for 4 weeks.

I think Monkeh got a point here.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Matt

Lol all these whiners….

Especially that Matt guy.

O =(.

Hey welcome back! Looking forward to your next thread :D

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

I doubt punishing is a viable method, instead encourage stability.

Now from my experience, being in a second squad of a “better” team has worked great for me. You have someone to turn to for tactical advice and you have a bigger pool of players to mix or just hang out with in mumble. Along with the benefit that there already is mumble- and matchserver that you can use/borrow.

Now having a second team usually means work for the first one, so why not have some benefits for teams that do this. Something like that players from the second team can play in officials for the first team, without them counting as mercs as long as they are playing in a lower division.

Now thats not always viable for the first team, like in my case, cause the gap is too big, but It could be great for some teams and it would encourage them to help the 2nd team improve as they could be valuable additions if you’re missing a player and don’t have any backups.

Backups! thats another benefit, bet it’s hard to find good players willing to join as backup.

well just thought about it, what do you think. I know it works great in my football team.

-slate

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Atkins

Tbh, label everyone with their clan div, if that team does fold it means each player can’t play in the same div or higher next season which means they get demoted as players not a ‘team’

Quoted from Monkeh

Make it so that once you leave a team you can’t join another for 4 weeks.

Random number FTW, but 4 weeks would be half a season or so and would stop a lot of ‘fold-and-join-another-team’ situations if the players knew they couldn’t carry on in that season, if they leave the team that they agreed to join and play that season with, they dont play in the rest of that season, or at least a large chunk of it.

Both of those mean potentially punishing 5 people for the actions of 1.

Teams drop for a lot of reasons, I don’t think punishing is the way to prevent that. You could look at each case individually ofcourse, but that would put even more workload on the admins.

Encourage stability and reward it, and perhaps promote the waiting list (with an overview of how many teams there are waiting for a spot for each division).

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I am against any kind of punishment in any form. You need to stimulate forming new teams, not punish them if they fail to exist. It might be annoying that a clan folds, but if you want to keep an open league, you have to deal with drops. Imo that comes with the package.

The problem with punishing people is that it will always result in people getting unfairly punished, which is something we obviously want to prevent as much as possible.

Rewarding stability is the better option, and there’s more methods for that than a simple “Have an ingame medal if you finish the season”. Slate’s example is one way, for instance:

Quoted from slate

Now from my experience, being in a second squad of a “better” team has worked great for me. You have someone to turn to for tactical advice and you have a bigger pool of players to mix or just hang out with in mumble. Along with the benefit that there already is mumble- and matchserver that you can use/borrow.

But it doesn’t even have to be an official second team (like we have LZ.war Green, Yellow and Blue). Friendly rivalry with a similarly skilled team and exchanging tactics, mistakes and solutions etc works too, or asking a higher team/player to mentor you (Shoutout to XO for helping Dakka last season, and all the players mentoring people/teams).

But more importantly it’s important that people have realistic goals and accept that you will lose matches, you will run into unexpected problems, and you will sometimes lose members to something or other. That is something we can not change, unfortunately.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »