Forum

How to punish the droppers?

Created 25th October 2010 @ 13:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

So we’ve already had some teams drop from season 8, some without even playing a game, others after losing their first, and it really annoys the flying shit outta me, that these teams/players just get away with it.

Now naturally sometimes it’s just the way things go and it’s no-one’s fault, however I’d bet a large chunk of cash that it’s nearly always because a team thinks it’s going to roll a div and doesn’t like the fact they lose a few maps. That or the team members fall out over a pcw loss or two!

Can anyone think of a fair and proper way of dishing out some kind of consequence for not finishing either all, or a percentage, of league games?

I cant. Do you punish each player, the team leader(s) ot just the team? Do you think it’s fine that a huge chunk of teams drop and that’s just the way it is? How do you punish? Bans for some or all of the next season? Points deduction for future teams they join? Other stuff I’m far too stupid to think of?

Am I on my own finding it really annoying, (I know 9m probably have a little beef with it after last season!), or does it grind your gears too? Opinions and ideas please.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Some kind of punishment should be placed. I kinda support the idea that if you drop, your team should not be allowed to play in next season. It’s not really fair but it is really annoying to everyone else… :/

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Panic of the Undead

Some kind of punishment should be placed. I kinda support the idea that if you drop, your team should not be allowed to play in next season. It’s not really fair but it is really annoying to everyone else… :/

That’s difficult to realise as players from dropped teams aren’t necessarily in that same team after dropping.

I’d say new teams start in div6 no matter what. You could argue that this is unfair to the div6 teams, as there’d be a lot of steamroll games, but if this rule is consistently abided by, there won’t be quite as many “fold and remake” teams as there are now. Teams would have to make an effort towards stability in order to stay in the division they so dearly want to be in. Right now, being in your desired division isn’t considered a big deal, it’s more a “lol new team lets ask admin and show screenshots” kind of thing. It has no value and is, by the teams, regarded as such.

Also Monkeh for admin!

Last edited by Spike Himself,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Dropped teams are already punished by losing their secure spot for the next season.
Seeding all new teams in div 6 is not practiable for obvious reasons.
Not allowing the dropped teams to compete in the following season does not make sense in my opinion because the players can simply create a new team.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CanFo

Seeding all new teams in div 6 is not practiable for obvious reasons.

Put them in the same bracket.

Edit: Disregard that.
Make a new virtual division that you put dropped teams in. If they survive a season in that division, then they can play in w/e division next season. Pretty much like jail. We ARE talking about punishment, after all. Giving them a seperate division is very much like giving prisoners a bed and food, which is still pretty lenient imo.

randa

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Put them in the same bracket.

Edit: Disregard that.
Make a new virtual division that you put dropped teams in. If they survive a season in that division, then they can play in w/e division next season. Pretty much like jail. We ARE talking about punishment, after all. Giving them a seperate division is very much like giving prisoners a bed and food, which is still pretty lenient imo.

re-read what you just typed.. seriously.

dauk

do not allow players to join other team for that season which they’re dropped ;d

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

What on earth are you talking about, if anything, they should be encouraged not to give up and try the next season, seriously…

flix

n2o

so you want to punish “imperial” because hymzi left them and put the other guys in div 6 next season?

gl with that

Square

Quoted from Archy

What on earth are you talking about, if anything, they should be encouraged not to give up and try the next season, seriously…

/thread

Moreg

dc.

Quoted from dauk

do not allow players to join other team for that season which they’re dropped ;d

so, if a team with 6 players decide, that 5 of them stop playing the game, due to real life problems/things etc, the last remaining guy should be punished for that, like “oh, you cant play in the next season, ‘your’ team dropped, sorry”? Sounds pretty fair.

Last edited by Moreg,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from randa

[…]

re-read what you just typed.. seriously.

I’ve seriously re-read it. Thanks for the tip!

…now what?

Quoted from flix

so you want to punish “imperial” because hymzi left them and put the other guys in div 6 next season?

Never claimed admins can’t make exceptions. That’s their job though, I only made a suggestion.

Edd

T2P

this thread appears every season, many things are proposed but none of them are really liable.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from dauk

that

Skyride

DUCS

Just remember that the only reason a team ever drops is just to annoy you and your team and fuck you all over, haha! Just think how much fun they will be having, sitting laughing on their mumble server, jerking each other off in a big circle.

They didn’t drop because of players unable to commit, roster problems, people falling out, or any other infinite amount of other unavoidable things that can happen. IT WAS DEFINITELY JUST TO ANNOY YOU AND YOUR TEAM. HAHA!

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »