Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 13th October 2010 @ 18:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 39 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I think Dimebar Ego Club just need to accept the fact they made a mistake in not understanding/taking notice of the new divisional placements and go play some TF2.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Norrland3000

Stop whining and show it in the league matches, win the div and profit. If you don’t win your div now people will hate you :D

Hate? I think it’s just funny. Was it empathy in AFS, raging about their placement and then folding soon after? Don’t remember, but I remember some teams being funny like that.

franco

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
yeah, but what i mean is:
team 1 looses in play offs
team 2 wins in play offs
team admin changes divisions as to:
top teams of div 1 -> premier, top teams of div 2 -> div 1, nothing else changes
team 1 requests promotion to div 1
team 2 does not request promotion to div 1
based on recent results and the fact that team 2, who would’ve been probably more favoured than team 1 in the who gets promoted race, does not ask for promotion, team 1 gets promoted
if team 2 was a top div 2 team they wouldve been promoted without asking, however they “just” i.e at the last serious season got promoted, thus they cannot be considered a top team
no request + not being a top div 2 team = no promotion
request + (i guess) screens and shit + not being a top div 2 team = promotion

Yeh I get that, the request is what makes the difference but that’s why I’m saying it’s a flawed system. Could the admins have just denied the request and promoted the more deserving team? (Do not say eternity deserve it more just because they asked). The result of an official match in an official season (ie the playoffs win) should speak volumes against screenshots from unofficial matches (ie pcws) during the off season or whenever they were taken. Especially considering the lineup for Dimegioclub rarely changes. It proves Dimegioclub were at the top of the ladder with Eternity just underneath them.

And now we hear eternity have a completely new lineup, which makes this even more a joke considering how long Dimegioclub have been around. 5 new (I don’t mean new to ETF2L) players jump on an old roster name and get straight into division 1. Where’s the justice in that? This debate is getting a bit tiresome.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

it would seem dimegio should rightfully be in div1, but they clearly should have made sure with an admin that they would be promoted/request to play in div1 first.

just do what we’re doing. win your div, get into the div you should be in for season 9, and carry on movin on up with dem tf2 skillzzzz pow pow

Norrland3000

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Hate? I think it’s just funny. Was it empathy in AFS, raging about their placement and then folding soon after? Don’t remember, but I remember some teams being funny like that.

Yeah hate was the wrong word, i’m from sweden, i know nothing.

crzfst

[…]

It was px crying, but they didn’t fold.

Vali

-9w-

I fail to see how so many people think that winning a division 3 playoff would entitle you to division 1. They earned a right into division 2 (not what is essentially top div2), requested division 2 and got put in division 2. This whole argument only started because they saw that the team that they beat in the playoffs got placed higher than themselves and, as Vad pointed out, they are practically a new team save for Vad himself (a lot changes in 5 months, who would’ve thought?)

Haven’t seen dimegioclub play recently but if they really are deserving of division 1 placement then they fucked up and only have themselves to blame.

Anathema

Why are you people judging the teams’ relative skill levels on a months old result?
Even had the result been recent, one game doesn’t always mean much.
Having the most competitive divisions possible is more important than placements being ‘fair’.

Blade

anyway they are cool guys
HOLA REAL MADRID!

franco

Quoted from Vali

I fail to see how so many people think that winning a division 3 playoff would entitle you to division 1. They earned a right into division 2 (not what is essentially top div2), requested division 2 and got put in division 2. This whole argument only started because they saw that the team that they beat in the playoffs got placed higher than themselves and, as Vad pointed out, they are practically a new team save for Vad himself (a lot changes in 5 months, who would’ve thought?)

Haven’t seen dimegioclub play recently but if they really are deserving of division 1 placement then they fucked up and only have themselves to blame.

lol they’ve come second in season 7 even with a different lineup, win AFS division 3 which was meant to hold no bearing on future placements and submit some screenshots of pcw results with a new lineup. Hard earned placement right there. I’m pretty sure it was more common in the past for high skilled players forming a new team (which is essentially what this is) to prove their stability and capabilities as a team by working their way up to the top instead of being put there from the start.

Last edited by franco,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from franco

lol they’ve come second in season 7 even with a different lineup, win AFS division 3 which was meant to hold no bearing on future placements and submit some screenshots of pcw results with a new lineup. Hard earned placement right there. I’m pretty sure it was more common in the past for high skilled players forming a new team (which is essentially what this is) to prove their stability and capabilities as a team by working their way up to the top instead of being put there from the start.

I’m pretty sure you have no idea about the exact roster changes and the reasons behind them in Eternity (and neither do I), yet you’re incredibly quick to belittle them as a team because it doesn’t favour the team that you’re friends with. Eternity have played season 5,6,7+AFS without dropping (if you can maintain the same skill level I see no problem with roster changes, it’s drops that are the problem) and sent the admins enough proof of their strength to get them into division 1.

There isn’t even an argument here, the only thing that Dimegioclub have done to try and get themselves placed into division 1 is to come whine on the forums after their (correct from what was submitted) placement in division 2.

Dummy

my only valid point is, they didn’t ask, and you cant SERIOUSLY expect the admin team to search through every non-asking teams history to see what they did in previous seasons WHILE personally asking every single one of them whether they want to be in the div they are qualified to or are fine with the one theyre being put in to

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

[…]

It’s also quite funny when a clan gets to be proven over 9000 percent right. Wink wink, demsii ;)

franco

I’m not belittling them in the slightest, I even called them high skilled. And I’m not friends with anyone from Dimegioclub. As for everything else you said, it’s been debated, refuted, opinionated and I’m bored of it. Good luck to Eternity in the next season.

HYS

TLR

Quoted from Tapley ❤

I think Dimebar Ego Club just need to accept the fact they made a mistake in not understanding/taking notice of the new divisional placements and go play some TF2.

Tapley, I played in ^wotr^ css (myself, numlocked, ArcY) when you were part of ^wotr^2 (lofty, Nitro, yourself, Peck, vlad and so on). You got to know us pretty well and I’m sure you will remember what kind of characters we were. And we’re also talking about a really nice bunch of spaniards, in which I’m the only new addition to and that have played together for some time.

This is a European league in which news posts afaik, are only provided in English and for the spanish leaders that run Dimegioclub, I’m sure you can understand misinterpretation (especially considering most Brits can’t even speak another language).

@Vali – I have never heard of steve before and nor is he a friend of any of the other members. And this wasn’t about getting put into div1 or anything, we’re happy to fight for that opportunity, it was about the promotion system.

@Vad – We played last night against a mix, and if you can remember 2 of our members crashed out with server problems in the first ten minutes, and your also making the assumption that we actually took it seriously lol. Fact is you changed 5 members, Dimegioclub changed 1, and yet your jumping 2 divisions after losing in the playoffs, this isn’t personal its just principal and the system.

Its just the principal that in s7, Dimegioclub beat Eternity to gain promotion and if you say that we were promoted to division 2 where you think we deserve to be. Why do Eternity gain 2 promotions? From divison 3 into division 1. Request or not, that doesn’t make any sense at all, infact it completely makes a mockery out of the system. Yes they may have changed their team, but what I’d like to know is, why this decision was made? Because it can’t be anything else but screenshots and even some of the best teams lose to people they shouldn’t, you can’t see what happened over the 30mins in a screenshot (people dropping at critical moments or ping spiking throughout until 5mins to go). Hell, we played vs k1ck and over two maps it was 3-3 and 3-1 with 15mins left and server crash. That doesn’t mean we should play in the premier division now. Although it’s over the top, I hope people will understand what I’m getting at.

I think most people have took this for whining, I replied to the topic because it was a discussion of division placements and somebody made a comment that I wanted to respond to (odin). It was just an opportunity for the community to speculate on the situation and leave some constructive feedback and to invite admins to participate in the discussion.

Last edited by HYS,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 39 Next »