Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 13th October 2010 @ 18:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 39 Next »

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

The part you quoted was a response to hys asking why he should have had to request to be moved to division 1. The reason he had to request it was because (as I stated), dimegioclub won promotion to division 2 in Season 7, so without receiving any request, this was where they were going to be placed.

The system basically works like this –
1. Teams that sign up are put into the divisions that they should be after the previous season (so promoted teams are in the new division that they should be in).
2. We then look at requests for division changes and decide on them based on what we judge their skill level to be, as well as depending on how many spaces we have available.
3. If we still don’t have enough teams to fill a divsion, then we’ll look at moving some teams up that haven’t requested to be moved up but finished just outside the promotion places last season. This is the only time we’ll promote a team without them actually asking for it (most of these types of teams actually ask to go up anyway, so it doesn’t happen that often).

If we don’t have a request for a division change, then point 1 is the only part that stands in the higher divisions where we always get more applications than spaces. In my opinion, that reasoning is completely sound.

Edit – And obviously Mr requested division 1. So they’re not comparable cases at all.

DOUBLE EDIT – I meant Mr requested the premier division, obviously :D

Last edited by SnowiE,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Thank you for your hard work here admin team, totally happy with our placement, spot on I think.

To those who wish to whinge and cry about their placements, here’s a little quote from a recent new post: Season 9 will start in the middle of January and end in the middle of April. Season 10 will start early in May and end early in July.

So you got 2 and a half months or so untill you get the chance to play in the Div you want to. Just win your Div this season and away you go. It aint the end of the world ffs!

Last edited by Monkeh,

HYS

TLR

Quoted from RaCio

They deserved div2 trough promotion. They requested div2. They have got div2. If you wanted div1 you should have done what for example eternity did and provided a mail with screenshots.

Are you seriously complaining and having multiple members of your team spam several admins because of results of a 5 month old match?

Multiple members meaning two players and me being one of them only speaking to Crasp official referring to spamming several admins, it would be nice if you could shed some light on this.

I am aware about requesting divisions but the format changed this season and yes we did request div2, but div2 is the new div1. You can see the complication by the way people are titling their recruitment threads “[olddiv3]” and so on. So it would have been nice if you could have given this some consideration.

And in response to the 5 month old match, does that mean that us gaining promotion 5 months a go doesn’t mean anything either? Not only that but we have recent screenshots beating teams from the new div1 with their full lineup and where there were no connection problems. Yes, i understand this is only PCWs, but if you won’t go on last seasons result because its 5 months old what else are we supposed to do. Play in a ladder where there aren’t any teams at our level?

I’d also like to know how xr^ XRated got placed in our division without any proof of matches (5 months old or not). Dimegioclub has played since season 2 and all of which were in division 3 and finished either 1st or 2nd in each of the four seasons they played in. This isn’t anything personal against xr^ because I have a few good friends in there and I’m sure they’ll do well, but when you consider it against our case, just doesn’t seem very fair.

I just can’t possibly understand how you can beat someone for promotion and they end up being placed in a higher division than you, request or not for that division. And maybe it would have been a good idea to release provisional divisions so these hiccups could have been ironed out first.

And yes, I know what you are saying Monk3h, and its not long, but it still doesn’t make it fair and kinda makes those players time and the previous season a waste.

All in all, I think the admin team has done a good job and I’m sure it isn’t easy, but it would be nice if the admins could read this and take something constructive from it or see our point of view and make what we feel as a team, is an appropriate change.

Have you asked Eternitys thoughts on this? Thanks.

Last edited by HYS,

kuma

it took us 15 hats

Archangel

amg

Division 4 is bad. Just bad. Btw, why only 3 div3 groups instead of 4?

Dummy

Quoted from HYS

[…]

Multiple members meaning two players and me being one of them only speaking to Crasp official referring to spamming several admins, it would be nice if you could shed some light on this.

I am aware about requesting divisions but the format changed this season and yes we did request div2, but div2 is the new div1. You can see the complication by the way people are titling their recruitment threads “[olddiv3]” and so on. So it would have been nice if you could have given this some consideration.

And in response to the 5 month old match, does that mean that us gaining promotion 5 months a go doesn’t mean anything either? Not only that but we have recent screenshots beating teams from the new div1 with their full lineup and where there were no connection problems. Yes, i understand this is only PCWs, but if you won’t go on last seasons result because its 5 months old what else are we supposed to do. Play in a ladder where there aren’t any teams at our level?

I’d also like to know how xr^ XRated got placed in our division without any proof of matches (5 months old or not). Dimegioclub has played since season 2 and all of which were in division 3 and finished either 1st or 2nd in each of the four seasons they played in. This isn’t anything personal against xr^ because I have a few good friends in there and I’m sure they’ll do well, but when you consider it against our case, just doesn’t seem very fair.

I just can’t possibly understand how you can beat someone for promotion and they end up being placed in a higher division than you, request or not for that division. And maybe it would have been a good idea to release provisional divisions so these hiccups could have been ironed out first.

And yes, I know what you are saying Monk3h, and its not long, but it still doesn’t make it fair and kinda makes those players time and the previous season a waste.

All in all, I think the admin team has done a good job and I’m sure it isn’t easy, but it would be nice if the admins could read this and take something constructive from it or see our point of view and make what we feel as a team, is an appropriate change.

Have you asked Eternitys thoughts on this? Thanks.

As I was uhm, lightly saying, passionately told by people on my thread and in steam friends, the new div 1 is the top of div 2, not teams which ‘just’ gained promotion to it like you guys

franco

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]
Where did I say any of that? Please don’t put words into my mouth.

So you’re saying had they requested a spot in divison 1 (where Eternity are) you wouldn’t have given it to them despite beating eternity in the playoffs..? I can’t think of any other way of interpreting the situation unless we face facts and admit the admins didn’t make the right decision here because the rule of ‘asking for a division’ is quite flawed.

Quoted from Dummy

As I was uhm, lightly saying, passionately told by people on my thread and in steam friends, the new div 1 is the top of div 2, not teams which ‘just’ gained promotion to it like you guys

What, unlike eternity you mean?

dumb typo

Last edited by franco,

Dummy

Quoted from franco

[…]

So you’re saying had they requested a spot in divison 1 (where Eternity are) you wouldn’t have given it to them despite beating eternity in the playoffs..?

they didnt request a spot, the simply misunderstood the new divisions

Monkeh

Quoted from HYS

I didn’t realise the team you beat in the Season 7 play off was placed above you untill after I replied tbh, apologies, I think I’d be having a little a moan if that had happened to me too. Just sit and watch them get rolled week in week out, smugly knowing you’d have done better and await your chance! It’ll come :)

trams

-><-

Quoted from Archangel

Division 4 is bad. Just bad.

Why? do you mean hard to win?

franco

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
they didnt request a spot, the simply misunderstood the new divisions

That’s exactly the point, why should a team get promoted over another team even though they lost to them in the playoffs? The request rule, right I heard you. But just because an admin makes a rule, doesn’t make it automatically right and logical.

Dummy

Quoted from franco

[…]

That’s exactly the point, why should a team get promoted over another team even though they lost to them in the playoffs? The request rule, right I heard you. But just because an admin makes a rule, doesn’t make it automatically right and logical.

yeah, but what i mean is:
team 1 looses in play offs
team 2 wins in play offs
team admin changes divisions as to:
top teams of div 1 -> premier, top teams of div 2 -> div 1, nothing else changes
team 1 requests promotion to div 1
team 2 does not request promotion to div 1
based on recent results and the fact that team 2, who would’ve been probably more favoured than team 1 in the who gets promoted race, does not ask for promotion, team 1 gets promoted
if team 2 was a top div 2 team they wouldve been promoted without asking, however they “just” i.e at the last serious season got promoted, thus they cannot be considered a top team
no request + not being a top div 2 team = no promotion
request + (i guess) screens and shit + not being a top div 2 team = promotion

Vad

Quoted from HYS

[…]Have you asked Eternitys thoughts on this? Thanks.

I am not very fond of forum drama’s but this is getting ridiculous.
Guys, I’m the only one in current lineup who played that playoff 5 months ago. It’s basically a different team now. Why do you imply we stayed at the same level and haven’t improved? Not to mention our pcw on badlands yesterday. And we weren’t even playing seriously.

http://www.dramabutton.com/

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

With Eternity’s line-up they should be in div1.

Norrland3000

Stop whining and show it in the league matches, win the div and profit. If you don’t win your div now people will hate you :D

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 39 Next »