Forum

Natasha, my dear girl...

Created 9th October 2010 @ 23:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

croco

I would like to apologise if I’m repeating some other post, but I couldn’t find one that was talking about this.
Natasha! How could You, etf2l, how could take her away?! For me it seems to be one of those unlocked weapons that actually is balanced and does not overpower a class, but yet there seems to to be someone(/es) who disagree. Could anybody who ACTUALLY knows why this decision was made, explain it to me and others that might be interested. Pretty plox :)

Moreg

dc.

cry some more

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

In div6 maybe

octochris

(0v0)

sasha is much better anyway, why would you use natascha?

HippieB

ever tried to attack gran last when they’ve got 2 natasha heavies? nearly impossible.

That weapon is banned and it will not be unbanned, no matter how hard you cry

Ghostface

spire

Natascha unbalanced the game heavily(no pun intended). Gtfo.

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

There have been too many debates on Natasha’s problems that opening a new topic is simply too much. Use the search function and eventually you’ll find your answer.

ilike2spin

RLM

Most people who play heavy a lot think Sasha is better, everyone else hates natasha. Not even the heavies want it in the game.

Sweeping generalisation – Nobody likes Natascha except you.

regweir

=L2F=

Where I am, at least, it’s more banned because it’s “not fun” more than because it can’t be beat. It slowed the game down and lowered the mechanical skill ceiling, which people didn’t like. People didn’t want to run a sniper or spy to beat 2 overhealed natashas, so it got banned. Easy mode focus fire isn’t really that bad imo, since a team that hit shots with sasha would be doing better anyway, and the natasha heavy is as vulnerable to focus fire himself as ever, but people really don’t like being slowed.

RaCio

GoT²

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/19/interview-valve-on-the-future-of-team-fortress-2/2/
3rd question

Tikcus

Quoted from croco

I would like to apologise if I’m repeating some other post, but I couldn’t find one that was talking about this.
Natasha! How could You, etf2l, how could take her away?! For me it seems to be one of those unlocked weapons that actually is balanced and does not overpower a class, but yet there seems to to be someone(/es) who disagree. Could anybody who ACTUALLY knows why this decision was made, explain it to me and others that might be interested. Pretty plox :)

don’t know the exact reason natasha was banned,

i’d go with, because its hard counters were banned
or because it slows down when 1hp of damage is done, needs a nerf similar to FaNs knockback, where a minimum damage must be done before slowdown happens

if it was just a problem with omg we’ll cry if the other team runs double natasha heavy, a limit of 1 on heavy, or just limit of 1 natasha would have fixed that, so i do not believe this was the reason at all, the current admin team are better than that.

Or simple as even valve think it is OP atm

Last edited by Tikcus,

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from octochris

sasha is much better anyway, why would you use natascha?

+1

SfynX

T2P

Quoted from croco

For me it seems to be one of those unlocked weapons that actually is balanced and does not overpower a class

…*Giggles* your kidding me right?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from ilike2spin

Most people who play heavy a lot think Sasha is better, everyone else hates natasha. Not even the heavies want it in the game.

Sweeping generalisation – Nobody likes Natascha except you.

I’d roll heavy quite often. I’d always use Natasha if it was allowed, it would allow me to more easily protect the medic and help my team focus down everybody who would be on my screen.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Azdean

WTH!?

It’s banned because the weapons totally overpowered. Balanced? Are you blind?

Christ that piece of wank can reduce your speed to pretty much nothing at mid range. Hell it even has you glued to the ground at long range half the time. It’s not the damage it does it’s the sheer fact that it stun’s the person your shooting at.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »