Forum

Weapon Balance Thread

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 10:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Tikcus

The people crying for milk to be banned do you realise how it actually works?, he needs to inflict damage to regenerate his health, it doesn’t get generated for free, the milk does no additional damage to the person coated with it

Seriously? You actually think that the milk is balanced?

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

Imo they make heavy a core class at mid points since they now move at the speed of a medic (I think). That means no more jumping soldiers at mid and transfers even more control to the demo who will likely be the only class who can deal with them at mid range. As soon as one of them dies it’ll be down to the other team to just walk onto the point.

As soon as one team runs 2 heavies it’ll be hard to do anything but the same I think. It’ll increase the use of spies and snipers I guess but also makes pyros a lot less worthwhile. Heavies were meant to be slow, they should stay that way. With their current spinup/down buff they are already viable as we’ve seen with teams like O6 and seeing 2 heavies as core will just force teams to have to push with uber.

Convince me otherwise.

Easy heavy limit 1. We did it to the demo man and the medic.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Tikcus

*edit 3*

The people crying for milk to be banned do you realise how it actually works?, he needs to inflict damage to regenerate his health, it doesn’t get generated for free, the milk does no additional damage to the person coated with it

It is just as situational as Jarate. I wouldn’t use it over pistol with meatcannon, but equipping shortstep, it makes every 1v1 won by me. And mid fights with lots of spam actually call for both teams carrying a milk bottle.

All you guys just repeat yourselves, so I won’t do it myself, yet I just want to note how people are oblivious to G.R.U. being a straight upgrade for Heavy, that make him a better pocket soldier. Staying with medic, he can move around the map just like utilities, tank and deal enormous amounts of damage. As from scout’s point of view, little guy is forced to stay away and midfights are just pain in the ass. @myrant

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Skyride

DUCS

Could we just stop with the endless opinion pieces already?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

As long as there is no Natasha hwg a scout can still have an impact on a midfight, you just have to pick the right timing to strike.

archy

“Weapon balance thread”.

If the majority of players really wants a discusision about weapons then there should be a “Balance forum”. with serveral “weapon threads”. Otherwise the overview will just be lost and the discussion will get more and more complicated.

Spike Himself

TC

It’s funny how, after Dunc’s article on vanillatf2, where he claims everyone calls medic unlocks “medlocks”, everyone has started doing so.

Setlet

Ban the Mackerel cuz it reveals dr spy (there’s only x1 or x2 and so on, not a FISH KILL)
Allow the frying pan cuz it’s 100% the same as bottle/shovel.

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from archy

“Weapon balance thread”.

If the majority of players really wants a discusision about weapons then there should be a “Balance forum”. with serveral “weapon threads”. Otherwise the overview will just be lost and the discussion will get more and more complicated.

^ this

vita-saw: -20hp, – 25 % slower attack speed.
Then ban it once again!

direct hit: -20 % damage done
shortstopper: -20 % clip size
the targe: -10 % max hp
degreaser: oh please.
other new faggot weapons: BURN THEM TO THE GROUND!

Last edited by .,

Rabb1T

SnG
SnG

Every1 crying about the heavy now…
Got problems with that fatso,don’t forget TEAM WORK (the game is based on that) take a sniper,aiming for a fat big bald head is not so tough is it? not full charged headshot + some spam rockets or stickiez and here u go…
Every new/old unlockable has its big – over the competevite game
Sandman – -hp so every direct rocket = dead (or stickie/pipe)
TDH – a good scout jumping around will cause some trouble to you because of small splash damage,also,avoid jumping if u notice that enemy has TDH.
There’s a lot of ways to beat those weps,just ppl need to think about it more for a moment. (test should be more awesome)

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from Rabb1T

Every1 crying about the heavy now…
Got problems with that fatso,don’t forget TEAM WORK (the game is based on that) take a sniper,aiming for a fat big bald head is not so tough is it? not full charged headshot + some spam rockets or stickiez and here u go…
Every new/old unlockable has its big – over the competevite game
Sandman – -hp so every direct rocket = dead (or stickie/pipe)
TDH – a good scout jumping around will cause some trouble to you because of small splash damage,also,avoid jumping if u notice that enemy has TDH.
There’s a lot of ways to beat those weps,just ppl need to think about it more for a moment. (test should be more awesome)

With this sort of level of insight, I don’t know why you aren’t an admin good sir.

Pendji

Low div heavy is just a fix for sucking at the game and slows the game. Why? Because a team just takes the easy way of ‘getting better’. (15 min round with heavy, won 2 in less when they stopped using heavy)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2