Forum

Weapon Balance Thread

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 10:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

blisf

I’m the last person who would like a promod. Heck, if i could force you to only play with unlockables, I would’ve done it. But, i’m a realistic person, and I can see that most of the community rages on the unlockables and want only medlocks.

Only medlocks is not a good idea. rebalance the weapons to fit competitve scene, is a better idea (imo).

Removing the weapons intirely just kills varaity.

Almost all of the weapons can be edited and changed to fit competitve play, and set bonuses can be edited to contain no hats, and more sets could be added if wished.

On this thread, you will post whats wrong with weapons (must) and how to fix them (optional).

Please don’t troll. If you think its not important, just do it nicely.

Suggestions so far:

GRU:

Nerf:
Slow the speed down – 2

Last edited by blisf,

Defur

I dont want the new gloves to get banned, if the reason is that they’re too fast..
Then maybe if it’s possible, make it so you’re going alittle bit slower? :P

Pricee

has $w@G

The mad milk, i think it should act like a sandvich (heal self, or throw it at others) but it shouldn’t have the damage for health thing

Last edited by Pricee,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I think the GRU’s speed is good.
If you wanted to nerf them, you could increase the health lost per second to 10 or something.
Imo, they’re fine as they are and make mid-fights more interesting.

Last edited by Starkie,

Tikcus

Quoted from blisf

I can see that most of the community rages on the unlockables and want only medlocks.

I disagree, the smaller louder part of the community rages about unlocks.
The larger part of the community has no issue with them

blisf

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

Even if the smaller part is heard, and at the end, we will stay with all of the unlocks, we should have a plan B.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Tikcus

That’s based on the (false) assumption that people who don’t post about unlocks on the forums are fine with them. Unless you’ve gone and talked to the entire community about which unlocks are acceptable.

Wlkr

?
¤_¤

Vali just stuck his cock in your argument. On topic…The unlocks are a bit 50/50 for me. I love tf2 and the thought of it changing makes me want to slap valve. So i probably wasnt even open minded to the update before id even had the chance to play it (like a lot of people it seems). Even so i find these updates always fuck things up for competitive players. It happens every time. It always goes back to the “We have perfected our tactics with this set up and we shouldnt have to get used to new weapons.” argument and it never gets resolved :P

Last edited by Wlkr,

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Starkie

Imo, they’re fine as they are and make mid-fights more interesting.

Imo they make heavy a core class at mid points since they now move at the speed of a medic (I think). That means no more jumping soldiers at mid and transfers even more control to the demo who will likely be the only class who can deal with them at mid range. As soon as one of them dies it’ll be down to the other team to just walk onto the point.

As soon as one team runs 2 heavies it’ll be hard to do anything but the same I think. It’ll increase the use of spies and snipers I guess but also makes pyros a lot less worthwhile. Heavies were meant to be slow, they should stay that way. With their current spinup/down buff they are already viable as we’ve seen with teams like O6 and seeing 2 heavies as core will just force teams to have to push with uber.

Convince me otherwise.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

There is no way to see who perfers to play with unlocks etc as everyone even visits the forumes often enough, or even the website, so even if we stuck up a poll there is no way everyone would answer. While it is true that Div 1 is the most vocal in the community, probally cos they invested the time and effort in getting there, it does not mean that the people who do like the items should be overlooked.

Personally there are a few items in the recent update that are really good. The Degreaser makes pyro so much more viable as he can get his quick kills in. The running gloves are good, people complain that he replaces the pocket…. so what he can replace the pocket, but what you gain in health and fierpower you lose in movement, you can’t jump spire or help your scouts as quickly and if you get caught with your gloves up by a scout you are dead or your medic might be dead.

We all agree that certain items are OP, milk for example, but this is not a reason to ban all weapons, there are plenty of items that are not game-breaking and it comes down to this; if you think that a weapon is OP don’t use it, if your oppentant does too bad, you can feel better than them, you might have to fight harder to win, but teamwork is better than indiviual unlocks.

P.S Wait until balencing comes out, like it did for the Equaliser.

blisf

I would like to see balance suggestions on TDH, Sandman and friends..

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

DH – No minicrits, maybe a slightly reduced fall off dmg instead.

SM – is this OP… it is a terrible weapon

BB – the main complaint si that it slows the game down, not sure if you can do anythin about that

FaN – not sure… maybe longer reload, get rid of knock back on players, only on self, or reduce dmg.

Natasha – Slowdown works only at certain range or something.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I think there should be another unlock test cup, but only testing a select few at a time, hopefully, div1 teams will signup and show us why certain unlocks are OP.

Having said that we can always just force the new unlocks, they rage and leave then we have new div1 teams…

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

I think there should be another unlock test cup, but only testing a select few at a time, hopefully, div1 teams will signup and show us why certain unlocks are OP.

I agree with this, we can argue for countless pages about how to fix the weapons and why they are broken/balanced.

But the only way to really get an idea of how these weapons impact the game is to run them through a cup and then base the decision on the data gathered from that cup. It’s the only fair way to really find out what sort of impact these weapons have on 6v6 and which ones we should allow/disallow.

Tikcus

TDH – Fine as it is, no change needed
Sandman – No issues, health reduction means that scout loses scout fight every time
Buff Banner – No issues, it speeds up game if anything (other team have perfect counter now)
FaN, is fine in its current form it is situational at best, knock back requires a minimum of 40 damage!
Natasha, this needs fixing the same way the fans knockback was and slow down should only take effect when x amount of damage is done

*edit*

A cup is not long enough to test unlocks, the AFS was the ideal opportunity to test the unlocks, unfortunately that was wasted, by an almost vanilla season, that most of the top teams didn’t play in anyway

*edit 2*

Testing a few at a time is a very bad idea, as you are more than likely to ban the natural counter for the items you want to test! e.g. TDH counts Natasha, The Battalion’s backup counters the buff banner e.t.c

*edit 3*

The people crying for milk to be banned do you realise how it actually works?, he needs to inflict damage to regenerate his health, it doesn’t get generated for free, the milk does no additional damage to the person coated with it

Last edited by Tikcus,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »