Forum

ETF2L Tournament Ruling Question.

Created 11th September 2010 @ 21:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

samn

AP

You joined a European league, you play on European servers.

If my team had to play on American servers because other teams didn’t consider timezone and ping issues before they signed up for their medals then I would leave the tournament altogether.

Edgar7

I bring this up because its an international event, and its really something the entire community is into now. It just doesn’t feel like a fair fight when European teams have the advantage in the final ladder.

Snipers can’t do anything, spies face backstab issues, soldiers rockets aren’t worth anything.

I’m not exaggerating here, these are real issues the teams are facing.

I don’t see why 1 middle range server can’t be arranged, or alternation, you want us to deal and adapt with these issues but not yourselves? Again, I only bring this up because of the what tournament has become in the TF2 community. Whether or not you agree with me, you can’t deny American teams will be screwed come end tournament.

Edgar7

Not just American teams either, I know a few teams from South American/Russia/Australia that will be facing similar problems as well, its not about Americans, its about TF2 players.

samn

AP

They knew what they were getting into when they entered a European tournament. We shouldn’t have to bend to accommodate them because they made a bad decision.

I don’t think non-European teams should have been allowed into this tournament in the first place, much less welcomed to join. Valve should have promoted a similar cup under a separate league.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Geographically there is no middle ground. I wouldn’t worry about it though, TF2 has a great community and as long as you’re nice to people then I’m sure everyone will try their best to get the games played in a way that’s pleasant for all involved. The knockout stage is still weeks away, have fun in the league stage first!

Jazzman

keso

samn, who made you spokesman for the eu community?

Try being nice. It isnt that bad

samn

AP

I never said I represented anyone except myself.

I’ve nothing against American players, it’s just that they should keep to their own leagues so we avoid timezone and latency issues. Having a European league is pointless when non-European players are welcomed.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

When the tournament was promoted, it was stressed that everyone is welcome but they must be prepared to play European servers/timezones. Now EU teams will be as reasonable as possible with timezones but if we play a US team, it is European server or bust.

Complexity in the Ubercharge tournament – they knew they’d be using EU servers for an EU tournament, they still got to the quarter finals and beat some good teams along the way.

Oscar Bluth

[BGW?!]

Quoted from samn

You joined a European league, you play on European servers.

As a NA’n player who bothered to read the big initial news post before signing up, I endorse this message. Every member of my team knew what they were signing up for and I personally made sure of it.

Also the admins and organizers deserve a big thanks for being as accommodating to non-EU players as they have. They hand-sorted (as far as I can tell) nearly 1000 teams into divisions based on time zone, even though the rules clearly stated they didn’t have to.

Swarlz

edit: shouldn’t post when drunk.

Last edited by Swarlz,

LWfacepalm

BiG2
BiG²

Quoted from Oscar Bluth

[…]

As a NA’n player who bothered to read the big initial news post before signing up, I endorse this message. Every member of my team knew what they were signing up for and I personally made sure of it.

Also the admins and organizers deserve a big thanks for being as accommodating to non-EU players as they have. They hand-sorted (as far as I can tell) nearly 1000 teams into divisions based on time zone, even though the rules clearly stated they didn’t have to.

I like you :]

Edgar7

No official response?

Moose

[MIPC]

I don’t think there’s any need for an official responce as it has been obvious from the start that if you choose to play in ETF2L, you’ll play on European servers and at the common match hours over here.

Personally, I wouldn’t sign up to a league where North American teams could force me to play at the middle of the night and with 150 ping but that’s exactly what would happen if I were to sign up to CEVO or ESEA and it’d be silly to expect anything else.

Last edited by Moose,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

http://etf2l.org/2010/08/09/the-highlander-community-challenge/#more-58753

Quote:

“Even though this is an European league we will welcome players from other regions with open arms. We will even try to place you into the same groups to ease the process of scheduling matches with your opponents. Against European opponents however, you will have to play on European servers at European times. The usual playing time for ETF2L matches is Sunday’s from 20:00-21:30 CET. Make sure you are willing to (and can!) play at such times and on European servers before you sign up.”

there is your official statement.

-slate

Last edited by slate,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2