Forum

plr_hightower - Toughts

Created 15th August 2010 @ 19:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

blisf

What do you think about the map? I think its a very nice flowing map that would fit pretty well into 6v6 and 9v9.

Toughts?

Quoted from Andee

The map has alot of height difference, enough ammo/health packs to get around

Quoted from Reload

The problem with this map comes when one team reaches the last part. If both teams know how to play the map, then it can really, really take a while.

More valid arguments will be added.

Last edited by blisf,

Personal opinion:

I hate it. Incredibly open, highly unfriendly towards Spies, Heavies, Pyros and Engineers along with a MASSIVE chokepoint that’s so easy to hold it’s hilarious.

Waebi

‹Con›

i like upward a lot better.

Skyride

DUCS

It could be interesting tactically, but its far to open to snipers.

iQue

keso

Quoted from Waebi

i like upward a lot better.

<3 upward

comanche

[S\'n\'P]

plr_hightower sux.
upward is better but it’s for 9v9 only i think.

rtan

-9w-

are you irish?

blisf

Cold blooded Israeli :)

Del

This map is boring even on the pubs.

Quoted from Skyride

It could be interesting tactically, but its far to open to snipers.

It’s also very easy for a scout or spy (almost any class in fact) to get close to the sniper and take him down. The heavy classes can also hide behind obstacles pretty well, so I don’t think it’s too much of a sniper map.

We played it once in a finnish hl pickup and it seemed to work pretty well.

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

We tried this map in the WirePlay 7v7 League and it was quite good. Must admit that the difference in skill levels between my team and their team sort of cut short the map. One thing that I did enjoy about the map was that it wasn’t so much a spam fast as it usually is in pubs.

Presumably, limiting the map to one round would be an answer to those worries that the map may drag on.

Last edited by Leftism,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I personally love the map. The map has alot of height difference, enough ammo/health packs to get around. And it looks nice. It has a bit of badlands feeling to me, cuz of the jumping you can do on this map.

Tactically I cant say much about this map. But Im always enjoying it on pubs. Its all-class friendly too. So I disagree with Buffalo in this.

Reload

BiG
BiG

Quoted from Leftism

We tried this map in the WirePlay 7v7 League and it was quite good. Must admit that the difference in skill levels between my team and their team sort of cut short the map. One thing that I did enjoy about the map was that it wasn’t so much a spam fast as it usually is in pubs.

Presumably, limiting the map to one round would be an answer to those worries that the map may drag on.

It helped that we already played a match on it ;)

The problem with this map comes when one team reaches the last part. If both teams know how to play the map, then it can really, really take a while (we’ve had a 45-minute game on it, which consisted of about 30-35 minutes of pushing the cart the last small part upwards). So imo you shouldn’t use this map in the Highlander Challenge as it can turn into a really long stalemate if both teams know what they’re doing.

RaCio

GoT²

It’s not a bad map.

Once both teams work out how to time their pushes it becomes pretty enjoyable.

Steve

Quoted from Reload

[…]
So imo you shouldn’t use this map in the Highlander Challenge as it can turn into a really long stalemate if both teams know what they’re doing.

or if both teams don’t know what they’re doing (like usually happens in pubs)

can’t you put a timelimit on this map and if it runs out, the team that pushed the cart the furthest gets the win ? (just a rough idea, but it would get rid of all the stalemates that are happening now)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »