Forum

MNM #5 Feedback - Yukon

Created 17th May 2010 @ 21:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Mid fight takes ages due to the point being in a valley with the enemy team having the high ground while being far enough to avoid your own team’s spam. Far too Sniper/Scout friendly around mid as well.
Second is so small it gives me claustrophobia. Attacking it has 3 routes:

– Down left Tunnel: low ground and massive chokepoint -> not viable
– Down main: elongated chokepoint meaning the defending team has a relatively easy time defending.
– Down right Tunnel: long, elongated chokepoint ending in a very Sniper friendly line of sight.

Overall I find attacking second to be a bitch of a job, far too hard to be fun.

Last is incredibly open again, with only the left route being truly viable. The Door is always Stickied and the right tunnel is a long uphill struggle. Overall it requires you to über way earlier than the defending team has to.

Pushing back out to second is equally hard due to having to the relatively long distance and the point itself being a small shack. Backcaps are also a huge danger loads of hiding spots.

Overall, not a map I’d like to see in the map pool in S8.

Wiiking

u dont see anything good with the map :D? feedback is supposted to have both (if possible) :P

Quoted from Wiiking

u dont see anything good with the map :D? feedback is supposted to have both (if possible) :P

Not really. At best there’s areas that aren’t bad. :p
And even if there were, there’s too many bad things to say “let’s have it in S8” for me.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Furi0us

out of all the mnm maps, yukons the best tbh, even though it has some hard to defend places, and easy backaps, but i still liked it kinda tbh. gg to all.

Tikcus

Didn’t get a chance to play tonight, as the cup starts too early, but yukon is a map I like

Plenty of options at mid, that move away from the normal setup (which is good).

Point 4 can be tricky to push to, if you don’t roll at mid (but not really more difficult than any other map).

Pushing last can require a bit of thought and planning, but i’m all for any map that can’t be played on automatic.

The only downside is the map is very hard to push out from last and retake point 2, having said that so are most maps and if you are defending last you’ve probably lost the round

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

I agree with bill, it’s just so huge that the midfight takes all night. And the second point is chaos. :p

Was fun though…

Mid is fun, but rest of the map is terrible. 2nd point/the whole area of it is too small and pushing to the last point is horrible.
Not the best map around, but at least it beats follower, fastlane, prolane and coldfront any day.

DIEHARDD

I think this map should be in ETF2L Season 8.

Septique

Quoted from DIEHARDD

I think this map should be in ETF2L Season 8.

I think that too since we both won that cup

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

Something about this map just doesnt work for me, i just dont enjoy the way it plays, pretty much all what bill said is true and it really doesnt have anything “good” about it, not bad at best is deffo what i feel too.

CrancK

love it :D, finally a worthy map for heavies

ups

This map is pretty awesome.

The middle is wide enough to provoke some interesting flanking battles :)

Reload

BiG
BiG

I think the midfight was pretty boring every time

Kryzen

Don’t like it.

Too sniper friendly.

Wooo Maker

+1

Also the colours get me down.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »