Forum

ETF2L Strike Again ! (wtf with the rules ?)

Created 26th October 2008 @ 22:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

N/A

RaWr ::

First time not winning a league, it’s a sad thing.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

i enjoyed the cp_well match a lot.

Evil

If 4K need to rely on technicalities and teams folding in order to win the league, things must be seriously getting desperate over there.

Didn’t Oslo Lions beat you on one map as well? If they did you are lucky they folded as well.

Wlv

I’ve always been a firm believer that if a team folds all there results should be removed

dunc

infs
dp.

Well, then that’s settled. If Wlv thinks one thing, we need to do the other. It’s the best thing for the community.

N/A

I’d have to agree with dunc on this one :[

Beagle

Hi guys,

We are, like in season 2, again affected by this rule. ( http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-263/?recent=1853 )
How about a rule change where a team will be deleted for not playin 2/3 of their season matches. For example AD in our div 3a, they’re still staying in the Table, even if they only played 3 Matches. They cant get the 4. default only because the other teams dropped already …….in my eyes thats not very fair

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I think we all agree the rule needs to be changed in some way, but the topic was started by 4kings who felt they’d been hard-done-by because they lost a map to TLR/memento earlier in the season which was not cancelled. But what 4kings did not mention was that they also lost a map against Oslo Lions which _was_ cancelled. Had Oslo Lions not have dropped 4kings would likely be in an even worse league position.

Wlv

(League Admin)
k^m
United Kingdom

3 hours ago

I’ve always been a firm believer that if a team folds all there results should be removed

#

-> To be honnest this was the rule for this season? As soon as a team officially folds during the season, the results should be removed!

Memento folded so if we are going to follow the rules, ALL results should be whiped off the table.

(correct me if iam wrong)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

You’re wrong, I spoke to Day before we folded and he said only the last two games are cancelled, we wouldn’t of agreed to fold if we thought we would affect the title race by gifting 4kings what would in-effect be 3 cheap points from us in addition to the 3 cheap points from Oslo Lions. Had we carried on and completed the season, as I hoped, 4kings would be in the exact same position and had Oslo Lions done the same 4Kings might well of been another 3 points adrift.

atreides

This is a really controversial aspect of ETF2l rules. Particularly if the dropping teams are better ones. Same situation on Div. 2B regarding Carebears, or Div. 3A regarding AD.

In my opinion, you really can’t punish teams that already played against them and at the same time reward others that didn’t. Those 6 points maximum difference foil each serious organized league system. This really has to be fixed.

And to add this:
Dropped teams are out of the division challenge and therefore shouldn’t influence the result in any way.

Mick-

why are you talking about Oslo Lions there Evil and Itchi ? Oslo Lions was an amazing team tbh they could have fighted for the top 3 this year but since you were still playing in public 2 month ago Itchi, i guess you dont have a clue about Oslo Lions skill level . and what make you so sure than TCM could have won both maps against Oslo Lions Evil?

anyway it’s totally off topic , and no i dont want to rely on that to win the title evil , like i already said i dont give a fuck about the ETF2L title , our main objective was the PCGamer the last 3 month.

but still i think that rule is stupid and need to be changed.

Evil

Nothing makes me think, we already beat them in ETF2L on both maps before they folded.

Mick-

SCREENSHOTS ?? :D

appe

The smallest dogs always bark the loudest, eh Mick?

Funny how you try and diss Itchi, as he was due to replace you few weeks ago? :) Maybe team rybben, sorry, 4Kings should have done so. Then perhaps they would have secured the first place in the league.

On topic: Something needs to be done about the rules, yes, but when there’s just 1-2 playdays left of the league, it would be silly to change the rules.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »