Forum

ETF2L Strike Again ! (wtf with the rules ?)

Created 26th October 2008 @ 22:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Evil

WOOF WOOF

shifty

Sir

It’s the internets get over it.*

*This is the users comment, none that relate directly to the ETF2L staff/system.

Krakyn

rEJ

Given the number of important players MeMento have lost, the trouble they have had in getting time to work on gelling as a new team, the fact they are were still short of a demo and the fact they would know they were going to fold as soon as the season was over it seems likely they would have lost these games even if say ryb had been made available as a merc demo for the two games (and I suspect he would have been given the circumstances).
As such it seems in this case the rule worked, as many teams and results were kept as possible so that the league was as close to the intended 10 teams playing as possible. However if the results for the two defaulted games were harder to predict then it would be an unfair advantage, which is what it sounds like has happened in other divisions.
The rule probably needs to be reviewed after the season has ended, it should not be changed now, every team had the chance to read the rules before hand and agreed to them when they signed up. To make such a drastic change which will blatantly affect the outcome of multiple divisions is going to lead to far more controversy than enforcing them as written.

the 2 pence of a div 5 player no doubt soon ignored :P

Moose

[MIPC]

I don’t think MeM dropping really changed anything. Imo they would have lost their remaining two games anyway so you can’t really complain about those default wins.

Now replacing TLR with MeM might be a different story. Sure, TLR was stronger when the season started but then again so was k1ck. I would dare to say that we wouldn’t lose 0-6 if we would play against them today so the argument about playing TLR during the first weeks vs playing them now doesn’t really carry weight. Teams change over time. MeM still had bigger part of it’s players from TLR so I’d say it was a good call to give them a chance to play in div1.

Swifteh

wMiC?

toasting in epic bread

Abomination

Yawn

You guys shouldn’t flame so much on one another and don’t try to diss eachother. Be nice and it will all go a lot faster. Act mature, since you are. Nobody cares about people’s history, it’s the present that matters. You’re all div1 players so respect eachother instead of flaming about who might have been pubbing too much a few months ago. Aswell, referring to 4K as team rybben is just lame, we all know you can’t win with only two and every team has more and less important players.

Now let’s talk about the rule again?

Haunter

I think the main point here, is how fair/unfair would be to remove all the scores, imo all the scores should be removed, as team droped and doesnt belong to the league, no sense in giving default wins to last to teams because alot could happen

@Moose, saying that they would lose last 2 games doesnt make sense, for example, i wouldnt expect them to win 1 map against 4k and they did

Now, removing all the scores would cause other problem, 4k would win the league, and giving the tittle at this point would be fair? unfair?

So, i only see 2 options

1st) stick with the old rules, because when u joined this league or any league, u agree with the rules, and u cant complain in the midle
2nd) Make a “mini league” or playoffs with the top3-4 teams in the tables, or even check the scores between them and see who got more points in their direct fight

just my 2 cents

ZyX

pck.`

I agree with AcidRenix and Haunter.

If it was TCM who would’ve droped the last week, 4K would’ve got a default win against them and won div1 because of it, taking the title from ubersexuals just because of the calendar (i am assuming ubersexuals will win against tf portal and end with 31points). Would’ve been the same if 4K droped the last week, giving TCM the title instead of Ubersexuals.

It s 1st division, i think people expect the best team to win from their results against the other div1 teams. Such an ending would fuck the result of the season.

The difference here is, it s “only” Mem who droped, and most people would think they’d lose against the other topteams. But who really thought TLR could draw against 4Kings when they played them ? Shit can happens, and it can happens for other teams.

The thing is, it would give 4K the season title while 5 teams had approximatively the same level/results this season (never seen so many draws :o ). They weren’t as superior as they used to be + they lost a map to TLR so people would like them to lose the 1st place for a change + that make a “somehow” nice ending with most of the teams still in the lead for the topspot with only 2 weeks left.

But in the end, It seems locical to me to cancel the Mem results, even if I do think that would make 4K fucking lucky and i’d consider this season’s title a crap victory for them

simplyHaakon

In case of Memento you can say: they only have 2 default losses, therfor the scores remain – ok…even if i don´t understand to keep points for a team that doesn´t exist anymore. Would be different, if they didn´t manage to get enough players for the last 2 matches, but would normally be still active. In this case i would agree with the remaining points. But if they folded i don´t understand that.

And in Div 3 there´s AD, having 3 default losses for the last three matches and they still have their points. Even if they might not have folded (i don´t know…) it would be against the rules. 3 default losses = no points at all
Why do they have their points?

I believe that can make some people think that it´s somehow random who´s losing points and who´s not….that wouldn´t be good for the league in my opinion.
But ok…i´m not directly involved in these cases. But the rules are for all Div´s and therfor i care a bit about it.
[dropped] should mean what it says…’not active anymore, not participating’

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

I guess I didn’t read all comments, anyway some statement on it again:

We made these two rules up to have a clear situation on dropped teams after some problems with them in the first two Seasons:

2.9 Team with more than 3 Default Losses will be expelled from the Season
Teams with more than three default losses will be expelled from the league for the running season.

2.11 Dropped teams’ results will be deleted if they break the 3 Default Losses Rule
Results of a dropped team will be deleted from the tables if they miss more than 3 unplayed matches. Anyway, results will stay if a team doesn’t break §2.9 .

Which means, to clear it up again: If a team drops out and would have more then 3 Default Losses, all their results will be deleted. If it only has 3 or less Default Losses, the score will stay. I don’t see why this could be “random” like someone mentioned.

We decided to go with these two Rules in this Season and will stay with them now. Surely we will have some internal dicussion on it again and probably will have some change in it for Season 4.

I understand some teams are gaining advantage/disadvantage of it but I still think it’s not us to blame, the teams should be blamed. We would be happier with less drop outs aswell.

simplyHaakon

My fault, daykiller – i read the rules some time ago and remembered it like ‘3 default losses to lose all points’…sorry, but i never wanted to accuse admins or the league.

But anyway: my opinion about folded teams is as i mentioned. A non-existing team should not have points.
Just imagine an extreme example: a team has won 7 matches and folds…therfor loses the last 2 matches by default and is still in the table with 42 points <-what would probably result in place 1…for a team that isn´t anymore…
Totally different if that team ‘just’ decides not to play the last matches, because they already know that they achieved what they wanted (or for what reason ever..) <- that would be ‘not sportsman-like’, but still legal.

Haunter

day, u dont need to paste the rules, i think most of the ppl here knows it, and the discussion is how fair or unfair they are :D

anyway, i think u should revise them for season 4

Krakyn

rEJ

I think part of the problem is the 3 games left part, if 2 teams have dropped from the league that’s just short of half your games. A team could conceivably drop in week 5 and have all of their results count. Perhaps changing it to only 2 or less games, or as a percentage of total games left would work better. I think the spirit of the rule is right.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3