Forum

idea for a very special tf2-exclusive lan

Created 18th December 2014 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »

stephen

not that i will go but dont make a highlander lan lmao, and this will not happen anyway we have a guy who wants it to be highlander who has no experience of organising a small lan at best, to have a massive lan. Would piss everyone off with hl.

Last edited by stephen,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

This particular LAN seems to be for the attendees instead of the viewers. I don’t see why a HL-focused LAN is worse. We don’t even have a stage or anything, it just seems like a fucking great weekend to me, might aswell be HL

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

with highlander it’s all or nothing [i.e. do it properly or not at all]. every sort of “oh we’ll have a highlander as well” is what has resulted in several years of half-arsed attempts where you get 2-3 proper teams. As a lot of them don’t care for the 6v6 the attraction of that hype isn’t enough to make them go (see: iseries). I don’t know if the highlander community would go if they had their own event/lan or not, as I suspect there’s more of a widespread casual attitude to it so LOL WHY WOULD I GO TO A LAN?

6v6 is easier to deal with, but if there is a big highlander lan desire out there then now is the time to voice it else your chance is going to be squeezed out fast

fuck tournaments, i’m side Sideshow, let’s just have a chillax tf2 holiday

Blooddrunk

Nein

Quoted from Nymthae

fuck tournaments, i’m side Sideshow, let’s just have a chillax tf2 holiday

Last edited by Blooddrunk,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from Scissors

This particular LAN seems to be for the attendees instead of the viewers. I don’t see why a HL-focused LAN is worse. We don’t even have a stage or anything, it just seems like a fucking great weekend to me, might aswell be HL

I’ve not attended Onlinegamer LAN but it’s like that, no? More about getting wasted and burning your gums with snus (or whatever the German equivalent of this is)

Popcorp

You guys are not forced to play Highlander, 1 guy (maybe Foungi) organizes HL part of the event, someone else will organize 6s tourneys.

jakeowaty

HL Players: Hey guys, let’s have a fun LAN with booze and games we love, no matter what kind of mode you play as long as you have fun. Oh, HL is the main event, so if you feel like it, please sign up.

6’s Players: OMG Highbanter is fucking gay, OMG I’m not coming, this is stupid, fuck you guys, Highlander is worst game mode -1.

Now you can tell me which community is healthier.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Morphine

[…]

I’ve not attended Onlinegamer LAN but it’s like that, no? More about getting wasted and burning your gums with snus (or whatever the German equivalent of this is)

Schnupftabak

Toast

WEED
S-O

a house full of spy mains sounds amazing

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

You guys need to make it work – I mean organisers, try too hook up with someone who has experience in doing it, make sure you can provide everything important providing space for PCs, Internets, logistics in general etc. You need to start organising it now so it will be all set up for summer. If time and money will allow me I’ll try to bring some polish supersquad to attend.

foungi

0fo
0FO

it’s good to have this discussion here, but at this point i’ve only asked some folks who’d be interested in helping, and sent 2 mails. once technical problems have been tackled, and i have an acceptance mail from the hosts, we can decide what we wanna do. right now we’re in brainstorming mode.

it’s unprobable that full hl teams come, but i think it’s possible to have 6 team players and 3 mercs, which would still make it interesting enough for quite a few people to watch.
even if highlander folk is maybe not as interested in lans as 6s people, the fact that it’s in central europe and way cheaper (105€ per person for games+housing opposed to 110£=140€ for games+camping) will make players come who wouldn’t attend other lans.

foungi

0fo
0FO

also sideshow, 5.0 and öttinger cost about 0.29€=23pence per 0.5 liter. plus way more diversity and some actually good beers.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

6s players: Hey guys, lets have a fun competitive lan with booze and gamesmodes we love, no matter what kind of div you play as long as you want to participate and have fun. Oh, 6s is the main event, so if you feel like it, please sign up.

HL players: OMG 6s is for fucking tryhards, OMG I’m not coming, this is stupid, fuck you guys, why dose 6s get ALL THE TOURNEYS, HL needs tourneaments aswell, 6s is worst gamemode downthumb.

Look mom, I can make uneducated summaries aswell.

Last edited by cmd,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from cmd

6s players: Hey guys, lets have a fun competitive lan with booze and gamesmodes we love, no matter what kind of div you play as long as you want to participate and have fun. Oh, 6s is the main event, so if you feel like it, please sign up.

HL players: OMG 6s is for fucking tryhards, OMG I’m not coming, this is stupid, fuck you guys, why dose 6s get ALL THE TOURNEYS, HL needs tourneaments aswell, 6s is worst gamemode downthumb.

Look mom, I can make uneducated summaries aswell.

Excuse me, but who ever said any of that?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Excuse me, but who ever said any of that?

I think you didn’t read the last sentence :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »