Forum

idea for a very special tf2-exclusive lan

Created 18th December 2014 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »

foungi

0fo
0FO

Some days ago i remembered a documentary about a very special lan, called MTA-LAN, northern germany. what’s special about it? it’s not held in a big hall, but in a holiday village. each team (up to 9 players) gets one of 29 houses with beds, kitchen, bathroom etc. there are regular csgo lans held at that place, but if a community member (preferably living close to the lan and able to check it out) is willing to try and organise a tf2 event there, i think it’s possible.

pros:
– tf2 exclusive event
– up to 261 participants (a few less with casters etc obviously)
– no need to camp/sleep in shitty hotels
– friday-sunday for 90€ (+15€ early arrival on thursday, +25€ for bread&croissant delievery on saturday and sunday morning)
– located in central europe, probably more skandinavians, frenchies, germans and eastern europeans
– (way) cheaper than insomnia

cons:
– somebody has to organize it
– need to spread word
– i highly doubt it will be a problem, but some people might be worried about going to a country where not everybody is an english native speaker

links (all in german, sorry lads):
http://www.mtalan.de00s-Style-Homepage[/url]
GameOne-Bericht

plez discuss & if somebody feels like organizing this, do it. might help myself, but can’t promise because of uni etc.

foungi

0fo
0FO

#ISuck@BBCode

ondkaja

IKEA

what’s the catch? :D

ash

(Legend)
:D

There dont appear to be any places for a stage with big finals and such. I think that’s important for lans.

Moving between houses to talk to other people than your own team is also a bit meh.

foungi

0fo
0FO

well if you do it in summer you could maybe host the main event outside.

Last edited by foungi,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

4/5 germans are able to speak english to a fairly decent level so that shouldnt be a problem

the idea of having own houses etc is pretty sick in my opinion , team bonding etc and surely in the evening people will just gather in 1-2 houses to party together

Last edited by smziii,

Bona

PMW

Way more appealing than some shitty hall with too much background noise and people stealing your shit AND barely having any room to put your setup, also not England +1

foungi

0fo
0FO

it should also be rather easy to reach by taking the plane to dortmund (maybe even bielefeld) and then taking bus/train for 100km (40km)

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Sounds decent for a large high level competitive scene. From what i’ve noted about TF2 is most people that go to the likes of insomnia are there for the social/big hyped finals and coverage… possibility of losing a large chunk of that crowd with this setup maybe? It’s kind of more ‘closed’ in terms of the social, and if you don’t know many people already etc.

however, croissant delivery omg

how easy is the place to get to (nearest airport(s))?

Edit: departure by 3 pm on Sunday (if i’m reading it right)… makes things a bit tight potentially

Last edited by Nymthae,

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from foungi

it should also be rather easy to reach by taking the plane to dortmund (maybe even bielefeld) and then taking bus/train for 100km (40km)

Yggdrasil

Fe |

i’d be up for this. Also croissant delivery? :O

foungi

0fo
0FO

tf2 would be a special event, maybe we could arrange different departure times.

also nvm bielefeld.

akachu

i would so go there, great idea.

Last edited by akachu,

bane™

.scg

+1 great idea, would definitely come

Quoted from foungi

– i highly doubt it will be a problem, but some people might be worried about going to a country where not everybody is an english native speaker

guess it could be worse, imagine a lan in france :P

Great idea, but the problem isn’t often the location; it is the organisation.
Unless there is someone that steps up and actually does something I sadly don’t see a future for it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »