Forum

New Team Fortress 2 event

Created 15th October 2014 @ 17:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

You could rent the place where we keep ‘The Reality’ every year. It’s in Friesland.

FRYSLÂNNN BOPPE WIETJEEEE

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from sno

You could rent the place where we keep ‘The Reality’ every year. It’s in Friesland.

That’s really far away from me tho, so would make it even more difficult to arrange this

Bob Bami

Quoted from sno

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ^^^^^^ THIS GUY OMFG
Anywhere in FRYSLÂN would be within a 1 hour drive for me. plz do this, i could probably go home to tell my mother im fine instead of calling her 8)

Last edited by Bob Bami,

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Lan here please

Twinqe

+1 for a NL LAN

rockie

Quoted from smzii

– make it happen in central europe like for example netherlands – make ticket etc cheaper than insomnia Everybody will love you

this

Quoted from h3x

[…] – a good prize pool? – a date which fits to people (not during the exam season) – real life & in-game medals (2cool) – Tournements with brackets. (10 games should be played) in 2 or 5 days? – bringing americans & Australians – rental pc’s & more

– prize pool shouldn’t be that important, of course the more money the better, but even if there are simple prizes such as gaming gears, etc… i’d come

– personally i’d prefer not to attend in Summer period, but whatever

– imo the tournament should last not less than 2/3 days

– i wouldn’t really care about transoceanic people (at least in the beginning)

– rental pcs not as expensive as insomnia i-series ones

Quoted from CanFo

Please do not underestimate the amount of time and money it takes to host a proper LAN event. It’s nothing you just “do”, it requires proper planning and a lot of resources. That said, if you pull it off I’d probably be willing to spend up to 300€ for travel (from Germany), accomodation and entry.

same here

Last edited by rockie,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from huhystah

I don’t think you realize how much it will cost for you. Just come to Lithuania as we have pretty much everything here. As of right now the lans are held in University, but we are trying to negotiate a deal with basketball arena in Kaunas. It would be much easier to help out current project with contacts, PC’s, real good internet connection, space for hosting LAN events, rather than going for something new that will probably never happen.

this
Lithuania is cheap as fuck as well, i dunno why people arent attending these lans

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from rytis

[…]
this
Lithuania is cheap as fuck as well, i dunno why people arent attending these lans

fear

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

I’d come to any LAN in europe, as long as it’s during a vacation. Only thing stopping me is my gymnasium being complete nazis about anyone not attending for other reasons than being sick

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from rytis

[…]
this

russians are scary people

heh

rockie

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
fear

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from rytis

this

My personal opinion is that the Lith LANS have been very short notice. For people working/ running businesses or just in general being dads and shit going to a LAN with a 2 month heads up is almost impossible to arrange. Maybe there was a bigger window and I just did not hear about it until teams already were made and people were ready to fly over there but then that might also be a problem of bad advertising considering I am exactly the target audience.

edit: Regarding people asking for january / february. If you actually make plans and they develop you will find yourself maybe having everything working for you in about 2month. That´s december and holding this LAN that early in the year ( jan/ feb. ) is again too soon ( for me / prolly lots of others )

Last edited by IPZIE,

huhystah

Ipz, you are correct. BETA LAN was rushed. I don’t want to get into details, but we waited for way too long. The team we gathered isn’t doing their set tasks and that means the staff will be changing for the next BETA LAN. I can only apologise and say this will definitely not gonna happen.

You can start preparing for the april TF2 LAN(somewhere in the middle of april). I should know the exact day by the end of 2014. I’m hoping to see bunch of TF2 gamers at InfoShow in april!

Last edited by huhystah,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
fear

although to be fair the lith lan i went to in april was great
we didnt even get murdered in the middle of the night even though we were in a place with no street lights (and sideshow was pissed and screaming)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Cmm Bert

[…]
I am not underestimating this, I have an end term paper for my business class and chose this topic. I will plan this well. The only factor I need to know is how much interest I’d be getting. That one parameter is blocking me from working it out.

Good, I hope you did not take my comment the wrong way. I want you to succeed, I just didn’t know anything about your background and every other month someone on the forum says “yo, we should totally host a huuuge TF2 LAN” like it’s a new idea.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »