Forum

New Team Fortress 2 event

Created 15th October 2014 @ 17:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

If the location, time and price (attending, accommodation) are agreeable, I’m sure a TF2 LAN could become way bigger than even the TF2 part of Insomnia. While the Lithuanian LANs sound cool, they also are quite far away from many (most?) players, the same with Insomnia. I would definitely be interested :)

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Hey guys, just notifying you all that I am still working on this.
I wonder though, do you guys think 200 people is a realistic number for people to show up?

winterz

(è_é)

200 seems a bit too high considering people don’t know it like they know insomnia.
Also, do it in Belgium and not in the Netherlands pls

Meeto

Quoted from winterz

200 seems a bit too high considering people don’t know it like they know insomnia.
Also, do it in Belgium and not in the Netherlands pls

Don’t. Belgium is a conspiracy and everyone from there is a robot controlled by the EU overlords.

(Ryu is at home, so I’m making sure his voice is heard.)

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Cmm Bert

Hey guys, just notifying you all that I am still working on this.
I wonder though, do you guys think 200 people is a realistic number for people to show up?

Depends entirely on you

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Another notification on this.
This is still very much alive, and I am actively working on this.
I will give out a lot of information soon through the platform of a website+blog.
I will post the website here when I deem the information on it sufficient for public.

Some information I am able to share with you guys already is:
-this is going to be cheaper than insomnia
-the main event will be a highlander tournament
-alongside the main event, there will be alot of side events to focus on the many other aspects the TF2 community has to offer (various mods, minigames) enabling every participant to have fun
-there are going to be rentals and both rental pcs and BYOC tickets will have a 60Hz monitor included.
-the event will span 3 days (friday, saturday and sunday)
This is going to be cheaper than insomnia

I am still looking for volunteers for the event days AND the setup days (thurs-, fri-, satur-, sun- and monday). So if you feel like helping out (and maybe getting free stuff) give me(http://steamcommunity.com/id/cmmbert/) or my girlfriend (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Decoene/) an add on steam

hawku

AYO

Quoted from Cmm Bert

Another notification on this.
This is still very much alive, and I am actively working on this.
I will give out a lot of information soon through the platform of a website+blog.
I will post the website here when I deem the information on it sufficient for public.

Some information I am able to share with you guys already is:
-this is going to be cheaper than insomnia
-the main event will be a highlander tournament
-alongside the main event, there will be alot of side events to focus on the many other aspects the TF2 community has to offer (various mods, minigames) enabling every participant to have fun
-there are going to be rentals and both rental pcs and BYOC tickets will have a 60Hz monitor included.
-the event will span 3 days (friday, saturday and sunday)
This is going to be cheaper than insomnia

I am still looking for volunteers for the event days AND the setup days (thurs-, fri-, satur-, sun- and monday). So if you feel like helping out (and maybe getting free stuff) give me(http://steamcommunity.com/id/cmmbert/) or my girlfriend (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Decoene/) an add on steam

Can you get drinks deals?

and can you make some of the side events drinking orientated?

If it’s highlander main event, that’s cool, but I’ll just go to drink instead of play.

edit – I’m an alcoholic.

Last edited by hawku,

Cabbage

Could you specify the location a bit more? You don’t mention it whatsoever.

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from hawku

[…]

Can you get drinks deals?

and can you make some of the side events drinking orientated?

If it’s highlander main event, that’s cool, but I’ll just go to drink instead of play.

edit – I’m an alcoholic.

I might implement a minor drinking game but this isn’t supposed to be a beerfest (or alcoholfest whatever).

Quoted from Cabbage

Could you specify the location a bit more? You don’t mention it whatsoever.

I can’t, simply because I still have multiple venues on my list to work through.
It is going to be in the Western part of Belgium, either near Ghent or Bruges.
The venue at the top of my list at this moment is near Ghent.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

If/when you get location and some relatively accurate dates sorted then it might help on the volunteers front. I may/may not be available depending on what work and holidays are like, and I imagine most other people will be in a similar boat.

I’ll keep an eye out for the website :)

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from Nymthae

If/when you get location and some relatively accurate dates sorted then it might help on the volunteers front. I may/may not be available depending on what work and holidays are like, and I imagine most other people will be in a similar boat.

I’ll keep an eye out for the website :)

Once I settle on a venue, I will be able to post more accurate dates. Once I get the venue sorted out, all will go easier and a lot faster.
For now I am asking if there are people actually willing to volunteer if they are available that weekend and can get to the location.

.zero

-chess-

I don’t know around what amount of players you are thinking. But if you wanna make it quiet big, then I would suggest a main 6s event instead of HL. Most highlander players are also intrested in 6s, but 6s players usually not in highlander.

Selek

Dr. med.

This sounds a bit similar to the DeutschLAN, I’m sure you guys could profit from exchanging experiences and knowledge.

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Cmm Bert

[…]

I might implement a minor drinking game but this isn’t supposed to be a beerfest (or alcoholfest whatever).

You can’t expect people to play hl being sober

Last edited by evokje,

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from .zero

I don’t know around what amount of players you are thinking. But if you wanna make it quiet big, then I would suggest a main 6s event instead of HL. Most highlander players are also intrested in 6s, but 6s players usually not in highlander.

I don’t need to make it big, I want to make it Highlander because it fits Team Fortress way better than any other format.

Quoted from Selek

This sounds a bit similar to the DeutschLAN, I’m sure you guys could profit from exchanging experiences and knowledge.

There’s some major differences, like for instance, there is no mainstage at deutschLAN. There’s also a big focus on the competitive side of Highlander in DeutschLAN.
Basicly, if you want to visit the competitive side of HL go to DeutschLAN. If you just have a passion for TF2 and would love to share a full weekend of that with other passionates you should come to mine.

It’s like comparing terraria to minecraft, they’re similar. but different in alot of ways.

And I do have contact with foungi, as he is an old friend of mine.

Quoted from evokje

[…]
You can’t expect people to play hl being sober

And apparantly I can’t expect the 6s circlejerk to not be an ass on every Highlander related thread either.

seriously, don’t turn this into a DeutschLAN thread V2.0. You’ve already done enough damage there.

Last edited by Cmm Bert,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »