Forum

I49 23rd August - 26th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 27th March 2013 @ 10:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 Next »

Fallen

TC

Afaik group bookings have to be made through 1 person. This person will then be able to transfer the ticket to each member of the group who can choose their seat when the seat picker goes live.

caeli

#T4F

How does the food and drink order works during the event, and what’s the price?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from caeli

How does the food and drink order works during the event, and what’s the price?

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomnia48/94173-catering-menu-i48
That’s the i48 list provided by TIC. Their food isn’t really that good, especially for the price so most of it i’d probably avoid. Some bits are okay, like the curry nights.

Stone Willies’ sell some wraps for like ~£4 or £6 with wedges which are good, and pizzas from about £8.

There’s an online order system, which works for the TIC food and the pizza place, which delivers right to your desk without even having to move. Pay for that via paypal, but that incurs the paypal fees, but y’know, laziness. You can walk over to where they are and order it with cash/avoiding paypal if you want.

There’s a supermarket (ASDA) really close by, where i’d recommend you go to get all your snacks and stuff because it is so much cheaper and there’s a much greater variety of food.

You can order any take-outs to the venue, apart from pizza, so 9m got a chinese takeout one night which was really nice.

There’s McDonalds and Subway near the supermarket close-by, pretty standard stuff.

Drinks: you can bring any soft drinks in (so buy them from the supermarket). You’re not allowed to bring in alcohol.

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomnia48/94172-bar-price-list-i48
the i48 bar list

The bar is expensive, although most people do try to smuggle stuff in… at your own risk (but it’s not really that difficult).

caeli

#T4F

Wow, it’s really nice having a supermarket nearby then, I’ll probably go there then, bar is not a problem since I don’t drink so perfect :) McDonals is an option which I really like as well.
Thank you very much Nymthae :D

Last edited by caeli,

FIR

SnG

Quoted from caeli

bar is not a problem since I don’t drink so perfect

things change ;)

does anyone know if the indoor sleeping area will be reopened for summer? Looking to book my sleeping slot asap since the previous one ran out so fast

Quoted from FIR

[…]

things change ;)

does anyone know if the indoor sleeping area will be reopened for summer? Looking to book my sleeping slot asap since the previous one ran out so fast

FIRs going i49 whoo gonna get the wheelchair

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

FIRs going i49 whoo gonna get the wheelchair

ear plugs mate <3

Muerte

elev8

I has impawtant kweschun.

Right now is Early Bird shizz, right?
So that’s a 30% off deal thingymabob.

If I were to do a group booking of 5 people (right now, with the early bird shizz), would I still be rewarded with the free Early Access Setup?

[/question]

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Muerte

I has impawtant kweschun.

Right now is Early Bird shizz, right?
So that’s a 30% off deal thingymabob.

If I were to do a group booking of 5 people (right now, with the early bird shizz), would I still be rewarded with the free Early Access Setup?

[/question]

No, those rewards are cancelled out by early bird discounts.

It’s cheaper to book under the 30% and then all buy EAS, rather than waiting until you can get the group discounts.

atmo

mere days

Void

ST

i might go, i’m still thinking about it moneywise. most likely to go though, won’t have a team mainly to hang out with friends from my buddy list.

Void

ST

by the way, why does the BYOC ticket cost more than TUP?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Void

by the way, why does the BYOC ticket cost more than TUP?

Can’t enter BYOC tournaments, and you don’t get the console/computer for the whole time. It’s basically an area on rotation for (TUP allowed) tournaments. So you play your match and then maybe the next set of matches has to be played so now you can’t play anything.

They’re “free” outside of tournament times but you don’t get like allocated social hours on them.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Please note: TUP machines are only available for your matches and sufficient practice time. There is a standard rotation of the teams onto the machines during the duration of the tournament. The machines will be available outside of tournament times, however, they will not specifically be allocated to teams or players.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Void

i might go, i’m still thinking about it moneywise. most likely to go though, won’t have a team mainly to hang out with friends from my buddy list.

If you wanted to play in a team. Tapley normally does mixes for TF2’ers going without teams.

http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/topic-24894/?recent=441037 Mix Thread.
http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/topic-24890/?recent=440808 Automix Thread.

Last edited by Coleman,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 Next »