Forum

Monitors at i46

Created 7th August 2012 @ 17:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Gubbins

Op4

“I’d gladly get gaped by Tapley every hour of the lan weekend if it meant I was allowed an 120hz monitor on the finals stage” – Cookye

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

120HZ cant be reproduced on the large screens in front of the players via the hdmi splitter nor the main huge screen, thats the only reason why you can’t have 120hz screens on stage :[.

Darn, just find a 120hz screen from somewhere at lan, give it to the americans and they pay all your beer for lan, they won’t know what hit them.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Tapley ❤

120HZ cant be reproduced on the large screens in front of the players via the hdmi splitter nor the main huge screen, thats the only reason why you can’t have 120hz screens on stage :[.

Darn, just find a 120hz screen from somewhere at lan, give it to the americans and they pay all your beer for lan, they won’t know what hit them.

Uhm, I presume the stage PC’s have recent GPU’s that have 2xDVI or HDMI? My GTX570 does 120hz to one screen and 60hz to another screen in clone mode. DVI 1 to monitor, DVI 2 to splitter?

I don’t know the exact setup you will be using, but cloning only needs the same resolution and not the same refresh rate. The only problem I see is the refresh rate in TF2 itself. I will check it right now :P.

edit: it’s no problem, 1 screen just does 120hz while the other does 60hz.

edit2: if this is an elaborate rouse to deny the Americans 120hz while having it for the EU side I’ve said nothing.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2