Forum

Extv Auction Steam Account: Donate Metal or Hats and add to the LAN fund!

Created 19th June 2012 @ 13:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Kerch

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Well what i was gonna do shintaz is sell hats and stranges by the backpack in an auction format, starting at like 20-30 dollars for 90 hats and then letting bidding commence on the steam forums for a few days

These would be sorted into groups so

Extv Hat Backpack #1 – Bidding starting @ 30 dollars
Extv Strange Weapon Backpack #1 – Bidding starting @ 10 dollars

Then we will list the winners and tell them to add the relevant accounts in a pm

I would only do that if you don’t have time to trade the items into normal ‘currency’.

Buying a backpack full of strange syringe guns and razorbacks is not very appealing because it would take ages for the buyer to trade them for something they want.

Of course trading them yourself is equally time consuming, so perhaps grouping them together is the most practical way, but I would at least try to trade them for metal/keys/Bills as Shintaz said.

Anyway, I do support the idea and I think there will be enough demand, so good luck.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

it would be nice if the someone with a decent amount of experience in TF2 trading could name a better way of doing this.

Last edited by nTraum,

rytis

PrettyGay

there are people who buy the whole backpack, try sourceop you might find someone who will take everything

Quoted from nTraum

it would be nice if the someone with a decent amount of experience in TF2 trading could name a better way of doing this.

If that’s directed at me, go back through the thread and read my messages.

Bakuraptor

TTTT
TT

If you’re looking for donations and/or bidding on items/backpacks, perhaps a good idea would be for people to be able to bid for items to be gifted to them from specific players – for example, a strange sticky launcher gifted by B4nny or something might well actually get a much higher price in auction than the actual price it would usually get (a key or so). It wouldn’t be too much to ask of players who might be benefiting from thousands of dollars of donations (depending on who wins that showmatch) to participate in something like that, surely? How feasible it is is another matter of course.

WOODY[

Op4

take shins advice

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Bakuraptor

If you’re looking for donations and/or bidding on items/backpacks, perhaps a good idea would be for people to be able to bid for items to be gifted to them from specific players – for example, a strange sticky launcher gifted by B4nny or something might well actually get a much higher price in auction than the actual price it would usually get (a key or so). It wouldn’t be too much to ask of players who might be benefiting from thousands of dollars of donations (depending on who wins that showmatch) to participate in something like that, surely? How feasible it is is another matter of course.

I actually quite like this idea, I will talk with the teams and see if we cant do a limited number of items like that.

Thomas the train

If you can get this to be official, and get a real backing by someone for the auction, and other people to be involved in this, i know a few people from last nights pugs be more then willing to to donate. But until then there’s no security or official backing within your fundraiser :(

Quoted from Shintaz

This is coming from someone with a decent amount of experience in TF2 trading Chaplain:
That is not the best way to go about it.

I know your intentions are good and I wish you the best of luck with it.

Is it cool if I add you to have a talk about it shintaz? my reasoning behind doing it this way is theres a lot of other places that currently do metal trading, and bidding for a lifetime supply of hats would be attractive towards our target audience, which isnt necessarily the trading community. I think also selling bundles of 200-300 hats would be a lot better for publicity and encourage competitive bidding

Anyway, I think regardless of how the end auction is done, it doesnt change the fact that we need items! add the account, get your mates to add the account; no hat or dupe weapon will go unappreciated!

Setlet

If the next Steam Summer Camp is going to be similar to the Gift Pile event (Free games and coupons) then I think those could be donated for this cause as well?

for a few hours and not a lot of exposure, 40 refined isnt too bad i guess, thanks everyone whos contributed so far, but we need more if this thing is going to make a big dent in the 20k$, which it has the potential to do, please add the account and give generously, no dupe will be turned away!

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Is there a more reputable person that has more knowledge of the market that is involved? or just you chaplain?

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Didn’t Valve hire an economist to help them manage their in-game economies?

You guys should do the same. There’s got to be contractors out there who can offer their services. TF2 trading’s a gold mine if you got the know-how

I knew I shouldn’t have chosen that English degree.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from Sylosin

Didn’t Valve hire an economist to help them manage their in-game economies?

You guys should do the same. There’s got to be contractors out there who can offer their services. TF2 trading’s a gold mine if you got the know-how

I knew I shouldn’t have chosen that English degree.

Personally, I just wouldn’t deal my items to someone like chaplain. I get that he is trying to mean well, but he is… to be brutally honest… retarded. And I don’t even care that much about my items anyway :/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »