Forum

Extv Auction Steam Account: Donate Metal or Hats and add to the LAN fund!

Created 19th June 2012 @ 13:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

Personally, I just wouldn’t deal my items to someone like chaplain. I get that he is trying to mean well, but he is… to be brutally honest… retarded. And I don’t even care that much about my items anyway :/

Man, theres so many ideas in this community and nobody does them, just thought i’d do it; I’m doing it in conjunction with extv, and they will be managing pretty much every aspect of it, and all of the finances and items will be entirely transparent. It’s true I dont know about the market much, but Im still trying to make money out of nothing, and id like to think someone who is ‘retarded’ is putting in the effort to try and get something done and developing his ideas into something thats helpful

If you want to shoulder some of the burden then please hit me up on steam, im entirely open to fresh people coming in and i have no problem if you want to help, cos its the same thing im doing

Oh and btw, you’re a fucking trog

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Man, theres so many ideas in this community and nobody does them, just thought i’d do it; I’m doing it in conjunction with extv, and they will be managing pretty much every aspect of it, and all of the finances and items will be entirely transparent. It’s true I dont know about the market much, but Im still trying to make money out of nothing, and id like to think someone who is ‘retarded’ is putting in the effort to try and get something done and developing his ideas into something thats helpful

If you want to shoulder some of the burden then please hit me up on steam, im entirely open to fresh people coming in and i have no problem if you want to help, cos its the same thing im doing

Oh and btw, you’re a fucking trog

21:58 – microphone FIEND: yo whats a trog
21:58 – microphone FIEND: chaplain called you a trog what the fuck is a trog

22:10 – microphone FIEND: pickup2
22:10 – microphone FIEND: chaplain wreckin you
22:10 – microphone FIEND: you not even there
22:10 – microphone FIEND: to defend yoself
22:11 – ²¹ Schwifty d(^^)b: my bad man!

Again, I know you mean well. But before taking peoples items and trying to sell them, or before jumping on this idea you had, you should make sure you are completely knowledgeable about the market, or have somebody working with you who is. Your solo reputation isn’t great as far as I know. For all I know, you are potentially wasting peoples generosity.

[21:23] some guy gave me buds, and another says hell give me a soldier medal
[21:23] ..ok?
[21:23] i think my main problem is i wouldnt know how to convert all these random hats into metal
[21:23] i assume its time consuming?

It’s good that you are asking but you should really get someone involved first. Again, I wouldn’t trust you alone with my items and others shouldn’t either.

Last edited by Swifty,

shdwpuppet

extv is taking over this initiative and incorporating it into our main fundraising scheme. Chaplain will be involved as a consultant and helper in doing some of the leg work, but full transparency and accountability will be provided through a google spreadsheet with exported html views. This system will be enabled this evening and we hope to start tracking funding through this source. A full listing of accounts you should add to trade with and holding accounts where we will be keeping the various materials will be available after set up is complete, some time this week. I have the account details that he has been using to collect donations and I assure all of you whom have donated items already will have your items accounted for.

The primary things we are looking for are the common currency forms of keys, bills, earbuds and any items we can turn into refined metal. Other rarities like hats, medals, unusuals etc are also extremely appreciated and will be added to a special raffle of several packs of different hats. I encourage everyone to take a look at their backpack over the next couple days and see what extra items they have to donate. Every little bit helps :)

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

21:58 – microphone FIEND: yo whats a trog
21:58 – microphone FIEND: chaplain called you a trog what the fuck is a trog

22:10 – microphone FIEND: pickup2
22:10 – microphone FIEND: chaplain wreckin you
22:10 – microphone FIEND: you not even there
22:10 – microphone FIEND: to defend yoself
22:11 – ²¹ Schwifty d(^^)b: my bad man!

Again, I know you mean well. But before taking peoples items and trying to sell them, or before jumping on this idea you had, you should make sure you are completely knowledgeable about the market, or have somebody working with you who is. Your solo reputation isn’t great as far as I know. For all I know, you are potentially wasting peoples generosity.

[21:23] some guy gave me buds, and another says hell give me a soldier medal
[21:23] ..ok?
[21:23] i think my main problem is i wouldnt know how to convert all these random hats into metal
[21:23] i assume its time consuming?

It’s good that you are asking but you should really get someone involved first. Again, I wouldn’t trust you alone with my items and others shouldn’t either.

Thats exactly it though, its not just me; i started the scheme and now extv are involved and running the vast majority of it.

And also, whats the alternative with a few dupe weapons exactly? perhaps if there was someone else offering a similar service then thatd be fine

I think really that advising others not to invest their spare weapons etc in me is needlessly inflammatory, and could be detrimental to the success of the scheme, and they arent appreciated if im honest

I think its fair to say that i dont understand the market entirely, however i am working with people who do, and I bring something to the scheme that is helpful, and i think any money we make off it is a bonus from the alternative (doing nothing)

Last edited by Chaplain,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Why would you not trust him with your items? Despite being ignorant of how the tf2 market works, there is absolutely no chance of these items not being used for their correct purpose, chaplain is insanely honest and I’d trust him with my real money before a lot of others on etf2l, never mind pixel money. There’s no reason whatsoever not to trust him with your items, but there does need to be some market knowledge injected into this idea.

Plus you can beat him up at i46 if anything goes wrong.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from shdwpuppet

extv is taking over this initiative and incorporating it into our main fundraising scheme. Chaplain will be involved as a consultant and helper in doing some of the leg work, but full transparency and accountability will be provided through a google spreadsheet with exported html views. This system will be enabled this evening and we hope to start tracking funding through this source. A full listing of accounts you should add to trade with and holding accounts where we will be keeping the various materials will be available after set up is complete, some time this week. I have the account details that he has been using to collect donations and I assure all of you whom have donated items already will have your items accounted for.

The primary things we are looking for are the common currency forms of keys, bills, earbuds and any items we can turn into refined metal. Other rarities like hats, medals, unusuals etc are also extremely appreciated and will be added to a special raffle of several packs of different hats. I encourage everyone to take a look at their backpack over the next couple days and see what extra items they have to donate. Every little bit helps :)

Perfect.

Quoted from Chaplain

I think really that advising others not to invest their spare weapons etc in me is needlessly inflammatory, and could be detrimental to the success of the scheme, and they arent appreciated if im honest

That was in reference to you doing this alone.

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

That was in reference to you doing this alone.

That hasnt been the case for a while mate?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Just want to say that there are like 10 people who have ideas and actually do something with them in the EU community. Chaplain is one of them, this is why I trusted him to take pictures of my nipples at i43.

Anyway, all that aside, im currently on http://steamcommunity.com/id/extvauction so add me up and you can give me some stuff. Once i green light it ill post a progress tomorrow

Thomas the train

Quoted from Sideshow

Why would you not trust him with your items? Despite being ignorant of how the tf2 market works, there is absolutely no chance of these items not being used for their correct purpose, chaplain is insanely honest and I’d trust him with my real money before a lot of others on etf2l, never mind pixel money. There’s no reason whatsoever not to trust him with your items, but there does need to be some market knowledge injected into this idea.

Plus you can beat him up at i46 if anything goes wrong.

Because i’m American, and had no idea what so ever, who he is. so when random strangers ask you for stuff, then act 100% ignorant of it all, it’s generally a scam.

Last edited by Thomas the train,

Quoted from Thomas the train

[…]

Because i’m American, and had no idea what so ever, who he is. so when random strangers ask you for stuff, then act 100% ignorant of it all, it’s generally a scam.

http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/topic-21750/page-3/?recent=390835#post-390823

Ritalin

[d¿s]

it’s good to see someone take initiative and try out these things that could really help. with the backing of extv, this could turn out to be nice way to raise a chunk of money for the yanks to come over.

i think the idea of auctioning/selling gifted weapons from top level players on reddit or SPUF would be popular

Black_Bob

[DA]

Met chaplin @I45 he seems like an honest sound dude who just wants to do a favour for the community.

Try cutting him some slack and move on :)

gl with the auction :)

atmo

Can’t trust man in bodywarmer

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from atmo

Can’t trust man in bodywarmer

amen

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11365869/chaplaaaaain.jpg

just looks too edgy for my liking – I’m out

Last edited by lolage,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »