Forum

I46 - 24th - 27th August - The official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2012 @ 11:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 45 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Man! Big love to Multiplay :D

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Already sorting them out seperate to this tournament :]

tapley is credit to tf2 scene

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Ok guys who’d like to win 12 free ticket to lan?

Thinking of organising some online qualifiers again, splitting it between a higher and lower bracket, if theres interest i believe the only sticking point would be defining rules to split higher and lower bracket teams :x. Any Suggestions? Seems like there will always been a team or two trying to dodge the rules and snap up easy tickets in the lower bracket :].

don’t let obvious high level mix teams play in the lower bracket, i know it will be a pain for you to handle but the only way to be fair is to inspect every team that enters and check player histories.

All teams that wish to enter the tourney must have all their players signed up and steamID’d on clanforge? Something like that.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Make sure the people who win them also have to attend and cant just sell them on as profit and not attend the lan!

atmo

Give to smZI !

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Enef

[…]

All teams that wish to enter the tourney must have all their players signed up and steamID’d on clanforge? Something like that.

I was thinking the same, but then only the teams who allready have tickets can enter… So everyone will be playing for a refund.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Califax

[…]

I was thinking the same, but then only the teams who allready have tickets can enter… So everyone will be playing for a refund.

thats the only way to ensure its fair though i guess, and that the winning team is actually planning to go.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I don’t think it matters if they have tickets or not, like some teams might think it will cost a bit too much but if they all get a free ticket then you’re cutting a good £70 out of their costs (or ~90 as the case may be now). If they have tickets, they can either take the refund or agree in some epic good will to donate them to another team (if it’s the difference in getting another team there?). Unlikely but I suspect the point is to get more people going so – or atleast put that in place for teams like infs (if they actually want to play).

It should be that you’re intending to go with atleast 5 of the players on your roster for the night to enter though.

I think what Tapley is getting at is where to define upper/lower, not how to police it. Entries can be reviewed and ultimately that can be his decision (or a handful of clued up people) but obviously it works to say it’s unfair that div3 should get piled into a higher bracket where you may have a prem entry.

I think you need to gauge interest from the upper divisions (prem/div1/div2) – i’d probably split the line there, but it depends if there’s actually enough willing teams from there that will enter. A tournament of 4 teams versus a lower tournament of 16 is a bit crazy – there are far fewer opponents you’d need to beat for the same reward. Could split after div1 because div2 teams probably have somewhat a chance to make top 8 but then the above (few teams) will probably happen with the upper.

The obvious answer is a degrootkeep tournament with the 12 tickets going to the finalists )))

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

tapley is credit to tf2 scene

http://i.imgur.com/RVyP9.gif

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Indeed, its where i draw the line. Div3 and below say? But what if one div3 team enters that has 2 players who played in div1 a year ago, i dont believe there is a way to put rigid rules in the only way may be as nym says for me and a few chosen few hand picking people into upper and lower.

The upper bracket will indeed be people playing for refunds, but the lower bracket could be more interesting i think making some people who wern’t going more interested, which will make for a better tournament.

Snyyppis

RLM

Having a lower tournament at all is in itself a problem. I mean, if a div3 team participates, wins the lower tournament and gets tickets, why are they more deserving of the tickets than a div2 team that participates and has no chance against the prem/div1 teams in the higher tourney.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/541164_3314018525166_1377989863_n.jpg

This is what I am hyped for man. Elemental violence sharing a bed with me >:D

kaidus

WiK?

This might be complete garbage, I can’t be sure. You could consider just having one double elimination tourmanent, awarding one set to the winning team and the other set as a bonus prize to the team that achieved something more accessible to lower teams throughout the competition (For example, the biggest upset).

It doesn’t seem ideal, but I don’t really see how to split up a higher and lower bracket for such a competition fairly. Whichever way you do it, teams are going to get screwed. With the bonus prize at least everyone has a fair shot at winning a set of tickets through their own merit (which I assume is the goal here), as a div6 team beating a div3 team is just as bigger upset as a div2 team beating a prem team, etc.

Last edited by kaidus,

Califax

dyn.

That’s not a bad idea Kaidus… Have 1 set of tickets for the winners, and 1 set for a participating team through some sort of “people’s choice award” or a judging panel decision or something…

But i don’t know if Multiplay will be on board for this…

Black_Bob

[DA]

Or remove bias completly and give one set to the winners, the other set of 6 just put in a raffle at the end of the tournament and draw a random team that took part to get the othere 6.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 45 Next »