Forum

i46 USA invades!

Created 9th February 2012 @ 14:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

atmo

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Remember that they will be massively jetlagged… No fun lying in a tent on the noisy campzone during mid-day (in the burning sun?) trying to catch up to the timezone…

we are talking about hardcore nerds here. there isn’t such thing as a “timezone” when you’re doublmixing until 7 am.

randa

Saying they should camp ? I would not go to the U.S to camp be jetlagged and sleep in a tent with a sweaty nerd. Im sure they could pay for some of it themselves even if it was a hotel or something.

beta

RaWr ::

We have heard many times in this past that this might happen but it never materialises. In those times teams had serious sponsorship and it still wasn’t possible :/

Seriously need a lot of money for this to be viable, so unfortunately I don’t think it will happen with some major contributors.

FireStorm

-9m-

Sounds like a great idea, would be a excellent way to get more teams on this side of the pond interested and going because a USA vs EU final even just as a possibility would be amazing.

Would be great if they can raise the money and funds to come over here but they are asking for a lot of money from a community and I don’t see them spending any money themselves at the moment. Maybe if what they are prepared to do themselves(if anything) was made clearer it would easier to gather support.

At the moment it reads as if they want to get a community to fully pay for a 20 people holiday :D <- Safety Smiley

Would love to see them over here, and with some help and effort from _everyone_ there is a good chance it could happen.

FireStorm

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from BoneS

Extine mentioned that they are trying to support 2-3 american TF2 teams to come over the pond and compete at i46. I think that would be a damn good thing for the game. Also they would send over 4 eXtv staff aswell to get some coverage. I suggested a fund raising exhibition match EU vs US to drum up some funds, dont exactly know how that would work.

So us vs America who would take it? would be epic to see an epsilon vs topUSAteam final?

http://www.extelevision.com/forum/index.php?topic=115.msg610#new

any ideas for raising there money or sponsors post them up on they eXtv forums.

*o*

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

This would be awesome, will happily throw a few quid into the pot to see it happen.

Please, please, please, please, pleased, please make it happen.

Happen.

kaidus

WiK?

Will donate.

Also I’m fairly sure there’s more up their sleeves than they’re letting on at this stage (extv that is) with regards to making this a reality.

ashkan

Quoted from kaidus

Will donate.

Also I’m fairly sure there’s more up their sleeves than they’re letting on at this stage (extv that is) with regards to making this a reality.

* rubs hands with glee *

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

I would chip some dollars in tbh to try to make this happen.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Lets coax one of these rich russian oligarks like Angel or Catman to give them some money :]. Only stipulation is that they must wear fluffy ruskie hats and smile with no eyes.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

atmo

Quoted from randa

Saying they should camp ? I would not go to the U.S to camp be jetlagged and sleep in a tent with a sweaty nerd. Im sure they could pay for some of it themselves even if it was a hotel or something.

that’s the spirit

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Quoted from randa

seriously theres nothing wrong with camping as long as you have the essentials…airbed and earplugs.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from BoneS

[…]

seriously theres nothing wrong with camping as long as you have the essentials…airbed and earplugs.

You forgot “lack of self-respect” :D

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from randa

They’re Americans, the floor is good enough for them!

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to go to AmsterLAN?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »