Forum

i46 USA invades!

Created 9th February 2012 @ 14:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Ghostface

spire

I-series is too goddamn expensive. BoA seems like such a better alternative.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Quoted from Daleth

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to go to AmsterLAN?

Isn’t your mum cheaper in Amsterdamn?

i’m sorry i didn’t mean that

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

i46 will be alot bigger and a much more suitable stage for the americans to come over. No offense to BoA but Multiplay are established and run the biggest lan in the UK with multiple sponsors. There is a reason why its so expensive, the costs of running a lan of that size must be pretty damn big.

I’m not putting down BoA or even comparing it to iseries, BoA will be great but more of a community meet up and fuck about in Amsterdam for the weekend (not literally)

Iseries runs the biggest TF2 tournament that i am aware of in Europe, why would the americans make the trip to not compete at the best TF2 event. Understandable the costs, but tbh the bulk of the cost will be the flights which wont be any cheaper to amsterdamn. The tickets themselves will only make up like 1/20th of the cost. Plus your ticket includes access to the camp site, where in Amsterdamn you would have to rent a room so extra cost there aswell.

I dont really know why anyone would suggest BoA over an Iseries. The mind boggles.

EDIT : also people who complain about iseries being too expensive, you are paying for 5 day trip away. Tickets are £67 (early bird) you can live off a shoestring budget and get by on the cheap no problem. I really dont think theres many other places you can go away for that long at that kind of cost. Even a fucking campsite would be more and all you would get there is cows in a field, at least at an iseries you got stuff to do. fucking students :P

Last edited by BoneS,

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

I’m pretty sure if everyone sold their hats on tf2 there would be plenty of money.

Trane

Telford is the Amsterdam of Birmingham anyway.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I46 is the most suitable area to hold this. Also im sure i can pull some strings and get free TUP pc’s or discounts on tickets etc for the yanks, Multiplay always love to support TF2 espcially at summer events and the sound guys that they are im sure would lend whatever support they could to trans-atlantic attendee’s.

Also turbo has a good idea, hat donations and a massive sell off to raise money would be the easyest and most apt idea :).

Also there are other iniatives that may raise their heads in the future for getting non euros to LAN, but we’ll see what comes to fruition.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Atkins

I’m pretty sure if everyone sold their hats on tf2 there would be plenty of money.

you first then :X

Trell

|UKCS|

Did someone mention hats in this thread?

On a serious note, I agree with bones, i46 would be the perfect stage for an american visit.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Should definitely camp. If you want to be as fresh as possible, smell good, get a decent nights sleep, then sure, grab a hotel, but if you want all the community banter, see the drunken wrecks, and generally have a right laugh, then camping is the way.

Surely with the yanks over here, the ‘tent scene’ would be full of a lot more banter and drama!

Not only that, but it cuts costs down, there will easily be enough tents that people could bring to support 20-30 US players, I probably have two or three, four man tents somewhere, I’m sure others have some too.

The other thing to do is book a single night in a hotel, and tent the rest, that way you get one solid nights sleep, and a shower you don’t have to queue for.

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

This better be good!

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from BoneS

EDIT : also people who complain about iseries being too expensive, you are paying for 5 day trip away. Tickets are £67 (early bird) you can live off a shoestring budget and get by on the cheap no problem. I really dont think theres many other places you can go away for that long at that kind of cost. Even a fucking campsite would be more and all you would get there is cows in a field, at least at an iseries you got stuff to do. fucking students :P

In a game like TF2, a LAN is as good as the community makes it. If top teams attend BoA and skip i46, then BoA will be a success while i-series would be a bust.
From an Eastern European perspective, BoA is 1000x cheaper than i46. Transport + ticket + hotel & dining. Not to mention Amsterdam’s a far nicer place than any English city imo.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

In a game like TF2, a LAN is as good as the community makes it. If top teams attend BoA and skip i46, then BoA will be a success while i-series would be a bust.
From an Eastern European perspective, BoA is 1000x cheaper than i46. Transport + ticket + hotel & dining. Not to mention Amsterdam’s a far nicer place than any English city imo.

Well its depends what part of Amsterdam you’re visiting, its got its good parts like the beautifull canals and historic buildings etc but also its got its crap parts espcially black men trying to sell me coke all the time! From my expirience its just as nice and as bad as any major city in the UK, of which how many have you visited? ;).

BOA = 2 day Community lan
I46 = Corperate lan gaming festival which is open for 24 hours a day for 5 days

So yep one is going to be cheaper than the other :], however you can do i46 on a budget just camp (tent = £15) then go to the supermarket and buy some soup, pot noodles, microwave meals, bread, crisps etc etc and you can easily buy your food for your time there for like £10-£20.
There arn’t too many 5 day 24 hour events around that only costs £60-£70 a ticket.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

I understand the travel costs for you are alot more for for the yanks its probably no different.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I think the majority of teams and individuals are planning to go to BOTH BoA and I46, they are skipping i45 instead, for BoA, of i46 as they know that i46 is the bigger of the two and everyone goes to it.

Trane

Ghostface’s comment is a bit sweeping, but honestly:

Amsterdam > Telford.

In almost every conceivable way.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »