Forum

i46 USA invades!

Created 9th February 2012 @ 14:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from BoneS

EDIT : also people who complain about iseries being too expensive, you are paying for 5 day trip away. Tickets are £67 (early bird) you can live off a shoestring budget and get by on the cheap no problem. I really dont think theres many other places you can go away for that long at that kind of cost. Even a fucking campsite would be more and all you would get there is cows in a field, at least at an iseries you got stuff to do. fucking students :P

Well, it is quite expensive.. On the other hand, every other option would be expensive for an israeli :(

Trane

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
Well, it is quite expensive.. On the other hand, every other option would be expensive for an israeli :(

You’re Jewish Ret, extort some money or something!

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]

I was kinda aiming that at any english who complained about price.

kaidus

WiK?

For people paying for 2000+ mile flights I don’t think 40 quid extra to get into the event makes a flying fuck of difference. BoA will be cool no doubt, but keep in mind it’s a brand new event with practically no reputation going in whereas i46 sits on the back of a heap of previous success and prestige. If teams are going to travel transcontinent it’s pretty obvious which one is the smart option.

But ye, +1 bones. People are spoiled by dirt cheap events elsewhere and lose all perspective of what you actually get for your money :x.

Last edited by kaidus,

atmo

Quoted from Trane

Ghostface’s comment is a bit sweeping, but honestly:

Amsterdam > Telford.

In almost every conceivable way.

Jaffa cakes > hash brownies

Telford wins

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from atmo

[…]

Jaffa cakes > hash brownies

Jaffa cakes all over the place. Argument invalid.

extine

yyyaaooo!!!

i46 is the definitely the most appropriate spot for this event. People have already been talking for months and months about how i46 is gonna be the next big TF2 LAN. i45, nope, i44, nope, i46 YES.

I hope BoA does very well during it’s initial events and can find success. Support your local LANs.

I also hope that i46 is not the only time I get to go to Europe for eSports.

alfa

im going, tho i need to ask how do you rent a PC ahead of time? and will that pc have tf2 installed or do i need to have it on an external hdd?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from alfa

im going, tho i need to ask how do you rent a PC ahead of time? and will that pc have tf2 installed or do i need to have it on an external hdd?

Mpuk have pretty much every game you want on an internal content server so it all downloads within like 30 minutes. You’ll need to order a TUP pc under the extra services when buying your ticket, or raise a support ticket at support.multiplay.co.uk to reserve yourself a pc for when they become available. Alternativly theres always people with spare laptops or pc who are willing to help out :].

alfa

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Mpuk have pretty much every game you want on an internal content server so it all downloads within like 30 minutes. You’ll need to order a TUP pc under the extra services when buying your ticket, or raise a support ticket at support.multiplay.co.uk to reserve yourself a pc for when they become available. Alternativly theres always people with spare laptops or pc who are willing to help out :].

It says on their website “You must sit in the hired PC area and cannot move the PC anywhere else in the building. This is for security and maintenance purposes.” So if I rent a PC, I can’t move it so I can seat with my team and have to sit there instead?

Also, they had 2 rental offers on the registration page. What’s the difference between the CasualGamerPC and ProGamerPC?

FireStorm

-9m-

This should help you

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/2012/01/27/i45/pc-rentals-now-on-sale/

Pro Gamer Package: £75
PC Spec: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor, AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 GFX and 6GB Ram
Monitor Spec: iiyama 22″ prolite

Casual Gamer Package: £60
PC Spec: Intel® Core™2 Q6600, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT GFX or higher and 4GB Ram
Monitor Spec: 19″ Samsung/Packard Bell

Seating for rental PCs are located in the TUP PC area, if you would like to take the rental PC out of the designation area, to sit with clan mates and friends, then a £200 deposit will be required.

FireStorm

Last edited by FireStorm,

dougiie

CotC

there will probably be about 9million hats in tf2 by the time i46 comes around aka making me have even less fps, might just rent :(

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from alfa

[…]

It says on their website “You must sit in the hired PC area and cannot move the PC anywhere else in the building. This is for security and maintenance purposes.” So if I rent a PC, I can’t move it so I can seat with my team and have to sit there instead?

Also, they had 2 rental offers on the registration page. What’s the difference between the CasualGamerPC and ProGamerPC?

Afaik you can sit your team with you in the rental area or they can be a bit flexable where you put the machine as long as it isn’t too far away, if you aks nicely and explain your reasons they’ll try to help as much as possible. Log a ticket with them to ask though support.multiplay.co.uk

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Its cheaper for a me to travel to I46 then Amstardam.

Probably the same case for americans aswell.

dauk

Quoted from toogyboogy

Its cheaper for a me to travel to I46 then Amstardam.

Probably the same case for americans aswell.

planes to us and a usually go either from norway or germany

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »