[BoA] Battle of Amsterdam - new information TBA

Created 23rd January 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 29 Next »

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

I’d say this is actually something everyone should do if possible.

Qun’s organisation are just getting on their feet and we should do everything in our power to support them now if you expect them to be hosting a TF2 tournament in 5 months time.

As for a VanillaTF2 article, I spoke to Qun about it and it’s probably best not to overhype this thing until they have a few events under their belts and some more concrete details on the actual TF2 event…

+1 , and will do ;)

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from CrashSite

The question is: will there be strippers at this LAN?

Strippers can be booked, red light district is not far from the location.

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from Andee

[…]

Strippers can be booked, red light district is not far from the location.

It’s a 5 minutes walk ;)

Last edited by Qun,

Tehgnarr

is good!

yeah, going to amsterdam again! get high like a kite and then spend 5 hours in the Van Gogh museum being flashed to nirvana by those colours.

I might not even play games at this LAN, feels kinda like a waist for a weekend in a-dam ^_^

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

-.-

Last edited by Andee,

rtan

-9w-

so how would fellow uk’ers get to this event?

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Quoted from rtan

Train/bus/car/fly/walk?

Last edited by Nmx,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from rtan

Ferry or Airplane would be the easiest. If you come by ferry parking might be expensive though, depending on how far away you park from the venue and where the venue is.

Quoted from Qun

[…]
It’s a 5 minutes walk ;)

Provided everyone’s favourite city council member hasn’t cleaned the place out by then :P

Last edited by herpderp,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Ferry or Airplane would be the easiest. If you come by ferry parking might be expensive though, depending on how far away you park from the venue and where the venue is.

I was looking at ferries but it seems crazy expensive. Flights are around £80 return at the moment but will probably increase the closer it gets to the date.

Anyone know of a decent ferry company?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from rtan

[…]

I was looking at ferries but it seems crazy expensive. Flights are around £80 return at the moment but will probably increase the closer it gets to the date.

Anyone know of a decent ferry company?

Ferry is gonna be pretty expensive unless you want to take a huge detour by car, which would just mean you’d trade the ferry fare for a high fuel bill :P Going directly from England to Netherlands means you’d probably end up @ Scheveningen, which is a pretty long ferry trip aswell (8 – 10 hours iirc, depending on where you depart from England)

Califax

dyn.

Dutchies driving to the i-series normally also take the detour through belgium/france to take the Dover-Calais ferry. That’s the cheapest.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Ryan, how much are flights to southampton from Glasgow? Only takes like 45 minutes then you can ride in my love wagon.

Just saw that gatwick is pretty much enroute so could fly there if cheaper than southampton.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Asteryz

Br0
Chive

I’ll be there.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Ryan, how much are flights to southampton from Glasgow? Only takes like 45 minutes then you can ride in my love wagon.

Just saw that gatwick is pretty much enroute so could fly there if cheaper than southampton.

What time we talking about? Early thursday or wednesday?

atmo

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

I’d say this is actually something everyone should do if possible.

Qun’s organisation are just getting on their feet and we should do everything in our power to support them now if you expect them to be hosting a TF2 tournament in 5 months time.

As for a VanillaTF2 article, I spoke to Qun about it and it’s probably best not to overhype this thing until they have a few events under their belts and some more concrete details on the actual TF2 event…

Yeah.

1. Everyone should tune into the streams of the preceding events to boost their numbers and give them a stronger position with sponsors. Qun please makes sure you keep us up to date with the events you’re holding between then and now.

2. We don’t want to overhype this in case we get a DH situation again, but we have to keep it on the boil. Considering the community’s been hyping i46 ever since i43 I don’t think that will be much of a challenge.

3. The earlier we know solid dates the better, because one of the key draws of this appears to be that it’s cheap. Summer Insomnia seems to be the LAN that most people make an effort to get to, so even though the proposed dates are still around two months apart, we want to keep costs down to allow the maximum number of people to attend both events. With dates nailed down we can then, as a community, start investigating the absolute cheapest transport options, because as some people have discovered there can be significant fluctuation in prices in a short period.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 29 Next »