Forum

[BoA] Battle of Amsterdam - new information TBA

Created 23rd January 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 29 Next »

nvc

The event sounds great, i hope you can follow it through with 16 confirmed teams.

Well you know my stance Tim, i’m quite willing to dedicate the weekend to providing commentary for you but we’d have to discuss details. That said, i’m confident that there’s a few people that would opt in and volunteer to provide a good enough alternative if i’m not your guy anyway… but you know where to find me if i’m needed!

p.s. our Tribes Ascend replacement defenders are lacking, please play more.

Last edited by nvc,

Galant

candy
Autism

I just think about teams…

We have made 6 community LANs by ourselves in Russia in last 2 years (2 in Moscow and 4 in St.Petersburg). In Moscow there were 32 and 16 teams, last event in St.Pete got 16 teams. So I think there is no reason Europe won’t get 16 teams in Amsterdam…

btw I have realised that we can do cheap flight from Tallin or maybe Gdansk – so russian team is more than possible, I think :)

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from Qun

I’m looking at dates right of course. I don’t want end of July as that’s really close to i46.
I’m planning on July 7-8, so that means I’m giving up on Sensation (White), you fuckers :D

Flight tickets are really expensive at those time. Better get my drivers lisence quick!

xzr

might actually make a team for this, try to lock down the date asap

vani

Bully

Quoted from Qun

I’m planning on July 7-8

That would be awesome

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from lolage

[…]

Do you just dover-calais it then?

Yep, then its just a 4 hour drive to amsterdam, not too bad tbh. Tank of petrol there, tank of petrol back. Things to buy:
Ferry Ticket for car:
Petrol x2 tanks:
EU Breakdown Cover:
Car insurance for EU:
Parking:

Probably end up about £100 each. – Kaidus’ link to the comfy trains does look like a good idea though for those non-drivers. Then just get a cheap hostel in amsterdam for a few days unless The lan centre has anywhere on site? Then use the rest of your money on hash cakes, truffles and weed o/.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Cool, I might come by, as i live 30 minutes away from there. :)

Also: sounds like you landed just your kind of a job, nice.

Ferry from Newcastle is pretty damn cheap if you know where to go. Would probably prefer roadtrip, if not with train

quad

Quoted from Qun

I’m planning on July 7-8

yes, THAT exact date and I’ll be able to attend!

vani

Bully

Oh yeah, one more thing

Quoted from Qun

the team limit of 32 teams is reached, 50% of all the tickets will go to the prize pool too.

There’s one thing I really have to guarantee to the company and that is a minimum of 16 paid teams. Is the TF2 community able to reach this amount of teams?

If you have a full team ready to attend, where/who do you inform of that? Post in this thread or?

Qun

GoT<3

People tend to forget this month is in 6 months, not next week and this is only a suggestion. I don’t know every single detail yet after one day after the announcement.

Califax

dyn.

Just had a look at the http://battleofamsterdam.euBattle of Amsterdam[/url] site for the first LAN they are hosting in 2/3 weeks. (MW3-Xbox360)

Site is allready looking really slick, with good travel/hotels/nightlife information, which can indeed (as Qun said) only become better and more complete after these first 2/3 events.

Think i’ll probably check out the stream for this MW3-cup for a bit when it’s happening, just to check out how they provide coverage and see the venue/atmosfeer.

I’m so glad everyone in our community so far is allready sounding really exited for this… :)

Trane

Quoted from Califax

I’m so glad everyone in our community so far is allready sounding really exited for this… :)

It’s Amsterdam Cali, TF2 is just a bonus :D

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Califax

Just had a look at the http://battleofamsterdam.euThink i’ll probably check out the stream for this MW3-cup for a bit when it’s happening, just to check out how they provide coverage and see the venue/atmosfeer.

I’d say this is actually something everyone should do if possible.

Qun’s organisation are just getting on their feet and we should do everything in our power to support them now if you expect them to be hosting a TF2 tournament in 5 months time.

As for a VanillaTF2 article, I spoke to Qun about it and it’s probably best not to overhype this thing until they have a few events under their belts and some more concrete details on the actual TF2 event…

IPZIE

SUAVE

k daddy :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 29 Next »