Forum

i44 and TF2

Created 31st August 2011 @ 11:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

dentist

Hi guys!

Hope everyone enjoyed i43. It was amazing for us and I really hope everyone had a great time.

As some of you have noticed and have been asking, i44 wasn’t confirmed with a TF2 tournament at launch. i41 which was November last year had around 4 teams enter the tournament and very little TF2 community involvement.

I’m basically asking you guys this. Should we run a TF2 tournament and community events at insomnia44? Will you show up if I put up a prize fund and sort out a nice seating area?

Or would it be best if we just skipped i44 and got geared up for i45 in May 2012 (It’s a long time away!)

Let me know your thoughts!

Comedian

With a lack of massive UK TF2 scene (unlike games like CS:S/1.6, CoD4 etc.), i think that i44 and mayby even i45 (though i42 was pretty big!) might be not worth it, i think most attention will be focused on for example winter assembly during the winter months. Though if TF2 wont get a bigger prizepool in i46 from not having a tournament in i44, i will be dissapoint :D

Greg

TEZC

Personally I feel eSports is a fickle business and am in the same boat as damage (me and him having talked about this very thing at LAN), I don’t think its worth putting mega bucks in, but imo you cant ignore it completely

octochris

(0v0)

It’s worth doing, just not worth making a big thing of. A small tournament with anticipation of only a few teams should do it.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from octochris

It’s worth doing, just not worth making a big thing of. A small tournament with anticipation of only a few teams should do it.

This, if I get this job I’m going for I can attend.

I actually really liked the whole LAN shizzle.

Mark

Phase

Don’t run it, take the money and put it towards i46. And run i45 as normal.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Definitely not worth making a deal out of it, i’d rather see the efforts pushed into Easter/Summer. I’m tempted to say just a “fun” tournament is the way to go.

It’s likely to be the best chance most new/casual players get to get some good tournament games, as the big events draw so many experienced teams they don’t even get the chance to play games that last longer than 10 minutes. It could be a decent event to try and push those who have never played it before into trying the tournament if they lose their intended tournament in the groups. Then hopefully, we can get a few more random teams coming forward in the Easter/Summer ones. It does require someone to take that promoting role though, which may prove difficult with such a small number of attendees from our community in the first place.

I don’t even know how successful the above would be, but it’s F2P this time round so it could be worth a shot. Even if noone can be bothered, there will still be a small handful of community teams that probably want to play.

cu@i45/i46

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yep my feelings from last winter lan are the same for this one, make it a small prize tourny if we say get over 16 teams? If not then yeah just keep it as a fun tournament. TF2 always make huge efforts to attend lan and unfortuantely usually people don’t have enough money/holiday/time to go to the winter lans espcially the foreingers. Also i believe alot of TF2’ers will be cracking on to winter assembly this year too.

As added insentive perhaps allow teams that won free tickets to be able to use them at i45 instead? Run i45 as normal as the numbers are always back up for Easter lan.

Big up to Dentist for the TF2 <3!

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

it’s all about the Summer LAN at iSeries.

Black_Bob

[DA]

I know none of our community will be attending the winter lan, but both easter and summer.

IPZIE

SUAVE

errybody in for i46 o/

dentist

For those of you saying “Save i44 money and put it into i46” it doesn’t work like that guys. If you don’t come to i44 we don’t get any money to put into i44’s prize pot, meaning there’s nothing to save and put into i46. Same goes for sponsorship money.

Snyyppis

RLM

I think there’s still going to be some teams going, maybe not the biggest names but still. I’d say a small price tourney is the way to go as long as it’s recognised to be a smaller lan and won’t result in any ‘omg tf2 is dead’ -articles…

Coco

[d¿s]

From what I heard Yoyotech is coming to i44… Might be i45 tho, not sure :)

Skyride

DUCS

I’ll go if the usual crowd of people I hang about with at LAN were, but I don’t see it happening.

I don’t think TF2 really has the community size to support i44. We’ll be in just as big show (if not bigger) for i45/i46 as i42/i43, but winter lan just isn’t a “thing” for this community. Kind of a shame really, but its the reality of the situation.

I feel like a lot of the “I don’t have the holidays/money/etc” type excuses are incredibly empty. In reality, you can go to almost anything if you REALLY want to.

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »