Forum

I43 - 26-29th August - Official RULES, TIMES AND MAPS THREAD!!

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Im reviewing the decision to add a 7th map (bazillion/snakewater) but seeing as how the group stages will only have 4 maps and the knockouts won’t be bo3 till the upper/lower/grand finals there isn’t that much chance of repetition. Plus its probably a bit late now for all those teams practicing

Well for starters we’ve been left a week to practice viaduct (my team practiced snakewater becuase we thought it was more likely to be in) which not many people enjoy compared to snakewater which has been played quite often for the past 3+ months.

-viaduct
+snakewater :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from byte

I’m just going to put it out there Tap’s because I think it should be addressed some how. But afaik guys and girls the semi finals are only 1 map matches. I think it should be addressed and as before bo3.

I know Tapley explained to me why, and it’s all legit and reasonable as to why (it’s NOT his fault as the sheer quantity of teams wanting to compete is very high and no time to fit everything in), but I’d rather have to play the semi finals even at midnight/1am than just play 1 map at the correct time/restriction of time. People coming all over the world to play semi finals of 1 maps is not really a reasonable take I think.

I’m pretty sure Taps if the semi’s was at 11pm/midnight whatever later time is needed the teams in the semi’s would have no dispute on playing bo3.

Input pplz!

btw big <3 for Taps so far :3

[Edit: obv should also be for quarter finals :p if admins/MP are willing to play bo3 matches and at 11pm etc]

Cheers

Byte

I’ll get clarification on the Health and Safety rules – but as i say with the 7 games that need to be played that day already and adding in the time for bo3 for upper/lower finals plus the enforced H&S breaks, plus MPUK wanting us to finish before the pub quiz. There really isn’t time i dont believe to chuck bo3 games everywhere ;). Espcially as i have to be there an hour before and after setting everything up and filling in all the forms and stage sheets i’ll be working a good 15/16hr day.

I’ll see how many “breaks” are required and get back to you as bo3 does make for much better matches, but as i’m sure you’ll understand a 40team+ lan doesnt happen very often so the schedules and format of double elim will be different that you’re used to seeing.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from randa

ETF2L admins take note, these are the rules that tf2 should be played by

http://www.esl.eu/de/team/3279065/#/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season7/rankings/
worked perfect :D

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

http://www.esl.eu/de/team/3279065/#/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season7/rankings/
worked perfect :D

This has been discussed already: http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-17488/?recent=317488

Wire being the main reason for the foldy fold folds.

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

I’ll get clarification on the Health and Safety rules – but as i say with the 7 games that need to be played that day already and adding in the time for bo3 for upper/lower finals plus the enforced H&S breaks, plus MPUK wanting us to finish before the pub quiz. There really isn’t time i dont believe to chuck bo3 games everywhere ;). Espcially as i have to be there an hour before and after setting everything up and filling in all the forms and stage sheets i’ll be working a good 15/16hr day.

I’ll see how many “breaks” are required and get back to you as bo3 does make for much better matches, but as i’m sure you’ll understand a 40team+ lan doesnt happen very often so the schedules and format of double elim will be different that you’re used to seeing.

This a tough one, I think most people would agree a Semi Final with best out of 3 would be great and as Byte said it seems resonable considering some of the distance people travel to get to this event.

The question is, if time allows bo3 AND if so, when do you start it? Upper Bracket Semi / Quarters? Of course, I am in favour of quarter final stages but again time contraints and so on.

It would be a nightmare to manage if it was bo3 at upper bracket quarters, you lose and go down. Followed by another 3 maps in the lower bracket side of the tourny – That is already 4 hours allowing for breaks.

Though I am in favour of bo3, I would be interested to see your schedule Tap and how we as players can help you help us :)

F2

Danmark

byte +9000

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

So because a lot of teams signed up we can’t have bo3 knockout rounds? And if less teams signed up we could have!?

WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

So because a lot of teams signed up we can’t have bo3 knockout rounds? And if less teams signed up we could have!?

WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?

We do have bo3 knockout rounds for upper final and lower final consolodation and the grand finals – But if you want to change a bo1 stage to a bo3 stage you have to schedule in at least 1 hour to 1:30 more for that stage as we know bo3’s can some times take up to 2 hours to complete. We already have to play 7 stages of knock out on the saturday. Do the math i have to draw a line somewhere of what is bo1 and what is bo3. Like i say im investigating currently to get the best compramise but theres alot of variables in play and i don’t want to piss up the scheduling and break/rush the whole tournament :p. We could go single elim and i’ll give you all the Bo3 games you want ;)

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Can i just clarify we are all on the same page btw –
http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/dropzone/playthrough_elim.png
Check out that picture the upper and lower (played at same time) consolodation (one before the final) and grand final are all bo3 – Byte when you say semi final do you mean the consolodation final? If so then we have no problem :] – I believe the wording we’re using is different but means the same thing…?

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?

Well no, he didn’t say that :)

The I-events have never had bo3 knockout rounds, only in the Final has a bo3 been in place and that was only recently if I remember! I remember losing to TCM in the final on one map, correct me if I am wrong Byte?

Assuming that MPUK say we can run later then the pub quiz, the problem Tapley will have is to schedule matches.

Off the top of my head it was 8 groups of 5 with the top two going through? That is 16 teams into elimination

8 Games of Upper Round 1: 1 hour 45
— BREAK 15 min at least

4 Games Upper Round 2: 1 Hour 45
4 Games Lower Round 1: 1 Hour 45 (4 teams from eliminated)

12 Teams Remain
— BREAK 15 Min at least

2 Games Upper Round 3: 1 Hour 45
2 Games Lower Round 2: 1 Hour 45 – (2 Teams eliminated)

10 Teams Remaining….

— BREAK Lunch / Food – 45/60 Minutes

1 Game Upper Round 4 : 2 Hours
2 Games Lower Round 3: 2 Hours – (2 teams eliminated)

TIME SO FAR – Approx 9 Hours – That’s not even being generous on the breaks!..missed a round or two here

3 Teams Remain

1 Game – Lower Round 4 (Lower Final): 1 Hour 45 Min

2 Teams Remain

1 Game Championship Final: 2 Hours

I got this slightly wrong but you get the idea of how much planning work this requires for bo3 all the way :) I have definetly missed a couple of games but as I said…planning nightmare!

Last edited by beta,

byte

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Can i just clarify we are all on the same page btw –
http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/dropzone/playthrough_elim.png
Check out that picture the upper and lower (played at same time) consolodation (one before the final) and grand final are all bo3 – Byte when you say semi final do you mean the consolodation final? If so then we have no problem :] – I believe the wording we’re using is different but means the same thing…?

Just wanted to clarify this isn’t against taps and he’s doing a fantastic job :3 But looking at that page you provided Taps bud lets say “hypothetically” the top “4” all make it through with no troubles, you’re going to end up with top teams (any team as well that’s applicable).

(Upper Bracket Tree)

Round 6:

TCM VS Infused – Infused win

Diggy vs Epsilon – Diggy win

Down go Epsilon and TCM to lower bracket, which they have have to play vs other teams who got knocked out previously in round 7, which is 1 map no problem. But lets just say both Epsilon and TCM win round 7 they then meet each other in the Lower bracket Final, which will be TCM vs Epsilon (NOT consolation final) the lower bracket final, that is only 1 map and that is my query/point. I think that match should be bo3 not 1 map bud.

If I’ve missed something anyone let me know but I think going by that tree that’s how I see it for example.

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers

Byte

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from byte

[…]

Just wanted to clarify this isn’t against taps and he’s doing a fantastic job :3 But looking at that page you provided Taps bud lets say “hypothetically” the top “4” all make it through with no troubles, you’re going to end up with top teams (any team as well that’s applicable).

(Upper Bracket Tree)

Round 6:

TCM VS Infused – Infused win

Diggy vs Epsilon – Diggy win

Down go Epsilon and TCM to lower bracket, which they have have to play vs other teams who got knocked out previously in round 7, which is 1 map no problem. But lets just say both Epsilon and TCM win round 7 they then meet each other in the Lower bracket Final, which will be TCM vs Epsilon (NOT consolation final) the lower bracket final, that is only 1 map and that is my query/point. I think that match should be bo3 not 1 map bud.

If I’ve missed something anyone let me know but I think going by that tree that’s how I see it for example.

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers

Byte

As previously stated Bo3 =
Lower+Upper Final (Both played at same time)
Consolodation Final
Grand Final

Its been right all along you bastard! Making me look up health and saftey rules!!! :D:D You deffinately owe me a pint now Ahmed.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

byte

HAHAHAHAHAH, OOPS :P pint or 2 for u it is :3333333

I think I got confused with the consolation final and lower bracket final thought they were same kettle :/

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3