Forum

I43 - 26-29th August - Official RULES, TIMES AND MAPS THREAD!!

Created 19th August 2011 @ 19:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1huxw4JMIAlL8ClYHb1KoN0bli1BlWYXRbdcVMh9xEck/edit?hl=en_US#

tl;dr

Online team registration must be complete by 5pm on Friday the 26th of August 2011 in order to allow for more accurate seeding. Teams not signed up by this time will not be guaranteed a place in the tournament.

Match Format:
Matches will be played 6 vs 6 in the vanilla+medlocks format;
Medic Unlocks: Ubersaw + Blutsauger + Kritzkrieg

All other unlocks are not allowed – Unless you both agree at the start of that match on the unlock(s) that you are both happy playing with, which will then be allowed for that game only. If a team is caught using a disallowed unlock then the round will automatically be given to the opposite team. Admins reserve the right to give further punishment should they feel it is required.

Maps
The following maps will be used throughout the competition. Each map played will be selected beforehand by our Tournament System. The map list is as follows:
cp_Badands
cp_Granary
cp_Gravelpit (stopwatch, ABBA)
cp_Gullywash_pro
ctf_Turbine_pro (bo3 10 min rounds)
koth_Viaduct (bo5 rounds)

Cheating & Exploits
All forms of cheating (Boomeh) are strictly prohibited – any player found to be cheating will be dealt with in accordance to the Insomnia Tournament Code of Conduct
The following examples are specific to TF2.

Our Time schedule looke like this so far:

Originally kick off was at 3pm on friday but i’ve pushed this back to 7pm to allow for all the euros traveling!
Friday: 8 groups of 5 (predicted) top 2 go through – 7pm – 11pm (including breaks etc)
Saturday: Double Elim Knockouts – 11am – 20:00(including breaks etc)
Sunday: Final = 12:00 – 13:30

Constructive critisim only please :) – I’ve tried to balance competative gameplay with a good spectator spectical.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Dummy

why not viaduct_pro, also why the original :?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Dummy

why not viaduct_pro, also why the original :?

Its not an official map so i’m trying to get pubbers/community members to download as little custom maps as possible as this just causes delays.

The Original is essentially a re-skin but if it’ll make people go for “SKYSHOOTS 8)” more often it can only be good. Its easily crafted plus its a nice extra for other people watching from other games thinking “wow quake 1 rocket launcher” instead of “wow that guy shooting flames has a pink wellington boon on his head?”

Dummy

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Its not an official map so i’m trying to get pubbers/community members to download as little custom maps as possible as this just causes delays.

The Original is essentially a re-skin but if it’ll make people go for “SKYSHOOTS 8)” more often it can only be good. Its easily crafted plus its a nice extra for other people watching from other games thinking “wow quake 1 rocket launcher” instead of “wow that guy shooting flames has a pink wellington boon on his head?”

the _pro version is much more entertaining however, isn’t that also very important?
The original is as you said easily craftable, however I don’t see how it’ll make people go for airshots more. The minor difference it has doesn’t matter I suppose, so that’s alright :c. Would it be possible to ban hats altogether though? They certainly distract from the game and don’t fit in with the style mostly.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
the _pro version is much more entertaining however, isn’t that also very important?
The original is as you said easily craftable, however I don’t see how it’ll make people go for airshots more. The minor difference it has doesn’t matter I suppose, so that’s alright :c. Would it be possible to ban hats altogether though? They certainly distract from the game and don’t fit in with the style mostly.

I’d rather have an on time tournament on as little custom maps as possible :] and this map will only be in the map pool for the group stages.
I won’t be banning hats as the pubbers/community guys would try to finger me, plus the hats have never distracted anyone in previous tournament games/finals that i’m aware so it’ll be ok.
And as for the Original Darn and Wai have both promised me 200% more airshots.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Dummy

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

I’d rather have an on time tournament on as little custom maps as possible :] as this map will only be played in the map pool of the group stages. I won’t be banning hats as the pubbers/community guys would try to finger me, plus the hats have never distracted anyone in previous tournament games/finals that i’m aware so it’ll be ok.

Speaking from my own experience, even if that’s just 1 person, seeing pink hats with flies around it etc. on players in a tournament was extremely annoying
edit: I doubt pubbers/community guys/anyone actually would be angry at anyone because they don’t see any hats. I hope at least that they watch it for the gameplay, not hats =p

Last edited by Dummy,

Califax

dyn.

Can’t have TF2 without hats!

wai

TEZC
TEZC

if hats annoy distract you, your playing the wrong game :D

Hosain H

Royal`

A nice set of rules and mappool, would personally prefer to have equalisers for sollys also though.

Ghent

Team

turbine zzzzzz

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

YOURE NOT EVEN FUCKING GOING

nvc

7pm on Friday start, stupid foreigners

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Hosain H

A nice set of rules and mappool, would personally prefer to have equalisers for sollys also though.

Being a solly myself i would too :] but its been argued for and against so much, its best just not to include it, as it is just a massive upgrade and not a sidegrade.

boomeh

Tplay

Cheating & Exploits
All forms of cheating (Boomeh) are strictly prohibited – any player found to be cheating will be dealt with in accordance to the Insomnia Tournament Code of Conduct The following examples are specific to TF2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

Last edited by boomeh,

Dummy

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

YOURE NOT EVEN FUCKING GOING

sorry howdeh :C

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »