Forum

i43 Venue Change?

Created 9th May 2011 @ 18:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Vazzan

The TF2 tent was shit, don’t get all the love for it

Do you mean the idea of a TF2 area? Or the actual structure itself?

If you mean the structure itself, I remember saying the same thing when it was announced we’d have it, but it ended up not having any actual effect on my enjoyment on the event. The TF2 tent at summer LAN was definitely warmer than where I was in G1 at i42 during the night.

Last edited by Skyride,

Heffron

8{
.:ne:.

I didn’t say I want it BACK. I just very much like the idea of it :)

Also fuck you Ram :(

Califax

dyn.

Well, seems like even if it stays at Newbury, there’s not gonna be a tent anyway, so no use throughing up that argument…

IMO the venue looks great. Will be a longer journey for us coming from Holland/Belgium, but dont mind that too much… Also the hotels on crawl-distance may make me reconsider bringing a tent… ;)

Comedian

i am really hoping it will change to telford, its cheaper for me to fly to birmingham, let alone the travel between london – newburry compared to birmingham – telford!

however, what i’m really looking forward to, is something like the bottom right hand picture from this slide. just imagine how kickass it would be to have TF2 on the grand stage *drool*

triobot

inv >

Quoted from Comedian

however, what i’m really looking forward to, is something like the bottom right hand picture from this slide. just imagine how kickass it would be to have TF2 on the grand stage *drool*

Then you remember loads of sweaty nerds have being sitting on those seats. Some, not all, have disregarded their personal hygiene and you discover you’re sitting on aids and you release some gas and BAM aids.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from triobot

[…]

Then you remember loads of sweaty nerds have being sitting on those seats. Some, not all, have disregarded their personal hygiene and you discover you’re sitting on aids and you release some gas and BAM aids.

lolol :D

I quite like the idea of Telford. There’s some nice hotels nearby offering some pretty sick discount at the moment. I imagine I’ll be able to get free accommodation at an independent hotel anyway, offering a trade for marketing services.

Longer drive, but shiny new things! Wooooo

lolage

TSPAG

As much as I want this to happen, I doubt it will – too many people QQ’ing on the multiplay forums.

kuma

wtf is telford

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kuma

wtf is telford

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=telford&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=10.104171,24.257813&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Telford,+Telford+and+Wrekin,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.709675,-2.411499&spn=0.647297,1.516113&z=9

Sunshine

re#

telford for me

and I think the survey response is what will clinch it for either venue as thats only gone out to people who have paid for tickets

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from lolage

As much as I want this to happen, I doubt it will – too many people QQ’ing on the multiplay forums.

As Sunshine said, I’m sure the Survey will hold more weight than the input from the forums.

I voted for Telford, but either way works for me.

saartje

¤_¤

Quoted from kuma

wtf is telford

INDEED!! Waaaaay too far away from London -.-*

…. not 2:15hrs…more like 3:15hrs!!!!

VOTE NEWBURY NAO!!!

dougiie

CotC

Telford looks awesome but I’ll need a lift now!

Getting to Newbury was fine on trains and cheap but its like £70 for a train to Telford I heard? :(

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from dougiie

Telford looks awesome but I’ll need a lift now!

Getting to Newbury was fine on trains and cheap but its like £70 for a train to Telford I heard? :(

depends where you get the train from…

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

depends where you get the train from…

yeah I really should have said :P London, If I booked now would be £50 ish for coach!

6h 55m bus noooo

Last edited by dougiie,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »