Forum

insomnia42 map list

Created 1st March 2011 @ 16:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

With all the new maps about and opinion changing on some of the old ones I thought I’d get everyones idea’s on what maps they’d prefer to see at i42.

We want 7 maps, and I have been looking at the following:

cp_Badlands
cp_Granary
cp_Gravelpit (ABBA)
cp_Gullywash_pro
cp_Obscure_final
ctf_Turbine_pro (3 x 10 min rounds)
koth_viaduct (best of 5, no time limit)

Thoughts? Changes? My main issue with this list is the number of usermaps that half the fun players won’t ever have seen, and also that usermaps and versions can become a nightmare at offline tournaments, so if you are going to suggest maps then please take this into consideration.

Last edited by Mole,

kaidus

WiK?

I’d be extremely hesitant about snakewater, or any map that hasn’t been properly trialled online first. No one really wants to play unfamiliar maps for the first time at a LAN. It’s hard enough to keep cohesion on these maps for the first few times without all the LAN noise, tension etc. Also considering the amount of mixes that come to iseries, this will be a massive discouragement.

Last edited by kaidus,

Setlet

Snakewater is played a lot in pixelpickup (the second most played map after badlands)

I think its a great map, maybe the best custom map ever done.

Last edited by Setlet,

Quoted from Setlet

Snakewater is played a lot in pixelpickup (the second most played map after badlands)

I think its a great map, maybe the best custom map ever done.

Snakewater is 4th after badlands, granary and gullywash (in that order) with only 45 playthroughs on 514 players. It’s not been played anywhere close to enough times to say it’s been played enough to be LAN-material.

LikeThis

http://petcaregt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/water-snake.jpg

Setlet

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Snakewater is 4th after badlands, granary and gullywash (in that order) with only 45 playthroughs on 514 players. It’s not been played anywhere close to enough times to say it’s been played enough to be LAN-material.

usure? I have played maybe 50 pickups. 20 of them being badlands, 15 snakewater and maybe 3 times grana and 3 times gully and some other random maps. (random numbers ftw)

E: Are you sure you deleted all map stats before snakewater came in pickup? It’s not so fair to compare maps which haven’t been there as long as the other maps.

Sry for fail english :(

Last edited by Setlet,

kaidus

WiK?

Going from pickups to one of the biggest lan comps TF2 has at the moment is a massive jump regardless. Needs a middle ground.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Added it to see what peoples opinions on it were. Origionally it was Well in there. Chose Snakewater to throw in based on this in the stats koetje came up with and good reviews in its discussion on IRC.

kaidus

WiK?

I’m not saying anything bad about it as a map, I’m just saying I don’t think an event as important as i42 should be the one to pioneer it in real competition.

Quoted from Setlet

[…]

usure? I have played maybe 50 pickups. 20 of them being badlands, 15 snakewater and maybe 3 times grana and 3 times gully and some other random maps. (random numbers ftw)

E: Are you sure you deleted all map stats before snakewater came in pickup? It’s not so fair to compare maps which haven’t been there as long as the other maps.

Sry for fail english :(

Yes, I’m 100% sure. Those stats were cleared completely when we rebooted it and Snakewater’s only 4th with 45 pickups.

Quoted from kaidus

I’m not saying anything bad about it as a map, I’m just saying I don’t think an event as important as i42 should be the one to pioneer it in real competition.

That.

nvc

cp_Badlands
cp_Granary
cp_Gullywash_imp3 (not pro, hate it… what happened to the water being a valid but risky tactic?)
cp_Obscure_final1 (not final, needs playing first)
cp_freight
cp_gravelpit
koth_viaduct

Last edited by nvc,

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

In which case, replace it with what? Well? Top players argue against it, but it tends to bring some exciting results where lower teams manage to do well against top teams. I said this at i40 and was proved right after people had complained.

_Ben

;?

please no snakewater

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Lack of love for freight everywhere :( now everybody is hating it will become official.

Anyway, apart from snakewater it all looks good to me.

I guess it might depend how it goes with the season but cp_warmfront? It will be in the next season so familiarity. Whilst newer/casual/mix players might not have it there is obviously a lesser disadvantage given that it’s ‘based’ on coldfront.

Qun

GoT<3

viaduct!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »