Forum

insomnia42 map list

Created 1st March 2011 @ 16:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Foster

-9m-
Pixie <3

viaduct would actually be amazing, as long as it was played fairly early in the double elim so it doesn’t fuck anyone up too much.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Snakewater is also played a lot in the Finnish pugs afaik. But yeah, since nobody can be arsed to play it because no league wants to have it its probably not the best idea to add it.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Black_Bob

[DA]

I like these lesser known maps, gives shit pub teams like ours a chance of a sneaky back cap or if you get drawn vs some prem team a small chance of killing someone with a freak demo trap!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I got to ask, Why Freight over Obscure? Both kinda…the same.

byte

Moleh baby stick to the old obscure (cp_obscure_final) for now I’ll message u if I manage to get the new one out in a weeks time.

Cheers

Byte

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

So we’re going for:

cp_Badlands
cp_Granary
cp_Gravelpit
cp_Gullywash_pro
cp_Obscure_final
cp_Well
ctf_Turbine_pro

Yes?

Last edited by Mole,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Is Well just there as filler or is there reasoning behind it :P

Qun

GoT<3

well……………………………………………

Viaduct instead of well please…

Last edited by Qun,

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

I tend to like it on LAN to use in the groups or first knockout round (depending on the size of the tournament). Occasionally it throws out some results that make the tournament take an unexpected swing and makes the tournament interesting as far as who plays who. It tends to be a map thats not always a straight 5-0 roll.

Additionally, its a stock map so has the benefit of not having to mess about with user maps.

I’m open to suggestions to replace it. Going to look at viaduct. Might not being as its koth rather than cp. But I guess we have ctf in there which is a different mode as well. If we don’t use it, suggestions of a CP map to use instead of Well?

Last edited by Mole,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah Well is no longer played in leagues let alone pcws/mixes,viaduct its played a fair bit on public maps so the community teams would know it. I think we could at least use it on the group stages and see how it goes.

If we choose the new turbine i suggest we got for the 3×10 minute rounds and give that a try also.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Is Bonk going to be allowed in the unlocks?

If so, I’m boycotting this shit yo’

LikeThis

http://www.canalphotos.net/4-25_canal_water_snake_ps_rz.jpg

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Yeah I am up for testing some stuff to make sure its right for i43 which will no doubt be bigger. We will use the new turbine ruleset.

My main problem with playing koth is that I can imagine it being even more of a steam roll and shorter than a 5-0 on a one sided cp game. Depending on the time you have to hold it for, the game could be over quicker than it took to get the players in the server!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Mole

Yeah I am up for testing some stuff to make sure its right for i43 which will no doubt be bigger. We will use the new turbine ruleset.

My main problem with playing koth is that I can imagine it being even more of a steam roll and shorter than a 5-0 on a one sided cp game. Depending on the time you have to hold it for, the game could be over quicker than it took to get the players in the server!

Good teams roll bad teams ~8 minutes on badlands :).

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Yeah. Viaduct takes a minimum of 12 minutes, and a maximum of 35. (Assuming best of 5). So a viaduct roll won’t be over sooner than a badlands roll for example.

I’d also like to argue the map is more friendly to the (much) lesser team. On maps like badlands, the better team will just plough trough their opponent. On viaduct, they have to hold the same point for an extended amount of time in a small map. The other team gets to attack that point a load of times. More chances to get it right, and steal some cap time.

On the other hand it could be frustrating to have to fruitlessly attack the same point for 3 minutes, and that 3 times. (if that is what will happen.)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »