Forum

tf2 update - 15 April 2010

Created 15th April 2010 @ 21:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from nvc

given the majority here will run powersupplies over 600w, maybe even 750w, that’s alot of wattage still in use when idle.

Not exactly. A 750watt Power supply doesn’t draw 750watts, it just means it can theoretically deliver up to 750 watts to the computer.

Its probably more like 300-400 depending on how good your PC is.

But ye, its genius on valve’s part.

Last edited by Skyride,

nvc

Fair point, but the principle of paying for hats still applies in that scenario also, just less

Last edited by nvc,

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Quoted from nvc

Fair point, but the principle of paying for hats still applies in that scenario also, just less

Not necessarily; tf2 in textmode draws virtually no power at all, and regular tf2 won’t draw *that* much more power if it’s set to low priority in the background. So it depends whether the idlers would leave their PCs on overnight regardless of tf2 or not, and if that’s just an “additional bonus.”

nvc

yea i was referring to overnight

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from nvc

3 cores of fah, 1 core of tf2 idling.

SCOOOOORCHIO

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Quoted from nvc

Aye, the point was just if people would leave their PCs on overnight regardless of TF2, then it’s not the same as the people who leave it overnight because of TF2, and I think the former is much more the case than the latter (i.e. that people choose to do it because they might as well since their PC is gonna idle for the night).

Swarlz

Quoted from octochris

[…]

3 cores of fah, 1 core of tf2 idling.

SCOOOOORCHIO

Go outside, have fun – it’s a sunny day

Sketch

MM

Quoted from iQue

Do you need all the hats in TF2 to make your life complete? Will you cry yourself to sleep if you don’t have these hats? Will your girlfriend leave you because she finds another guy with all of the hats more attractive?

The hats are a fun incentive for those that want to get the game, not the other way around :p

fuck off is it. 25 quid is bloody cheap for a hat. and i’m standing my my flawless decision to buy the hats

edit: your just jealous, I knew you would be!

Last edited by Sketch,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

Go outside, have fun – it’s a sunny day

i am posting from my blackberry

NOT I’M NOT A BLACKBERRY FAG

Swarlz

Quoted from octochris

[…]

i am posting from my blackberry