Forum

[FB] vs eMg ... NA vs Eu - it's here!

Created 10th April 2010 @ 22:24

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »

minimoose

Quoted from Largos^

[…]

???

Gunboats don’t change the physics engine. Sollys were getting buffs and doing double rocket jumps like that long before Valve released them.

The ping issue I concede though :-)

FB didn’t even know that the soldier was using gunboats, very confusing when you think someone is on ~100 hp after their rocket jumps when they are actually still near 200 hp.

Last edited by minimoose,

Dummy

i dont know why everybody is saying the pings were fine/equal, what i noticed on my HUD atleast is that everybody in FB had atleast 100 ping, while only 1 person in eMg had above 100 ping, with 2 or 3 people in fb having 130/140 stuff.

onetouch-

all i kept hearing before the match was how the european top teams have become really competitive, with fb and a number of other teams able to beat dignitas on any given night. the vibe i got was fb was an overwhelming favourite to win this match against emg (emg-who?).

the fact is emg is currently the 7th or 8th best team in esea-i and were they to play col they might take a few rounds if they played well but their chances of winning on an established map would be miniscule.

if fb is projected to be highly competitive with the best team in etf2l then a ping difference of 20 should hardly have mattered, let alone an average us soldier using gunboats. the only person with more than 120~ ping was an fb scout at 150 who actually was the best player on his team.

it was a fun game to watch anyway. although it was more fun to watch solidsnake destroy the finns.

Bash

I’m going to interject here that the scoreboard is nowhere near the real ping.

hapha

As bash said, ping displayed on the scoreboard isn’t your/their actual ping. check net_graph to see your actual ping. Besides, the majority are taking that experimental game far too seriously, both teams made it quite clear it was just a bit of fun or at least that’s the impression i got.

Dummy

true, both about ping and seriousness, what onetouch said is imo a bunch of half lies and hopes. until i40, stop your bragging, diggy vs col will be fun no matter who will win.

Dummy

and who the hell told you that “fb and other teams beat dignitas on every given night”? it sounds a lil suspicious in the least

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Everyone knew there would be people claiming eu or na is the best after this game. Fact is we still don’t know. Wait for i40 and judge then.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Warmaster

Everyone knew there would be people claiming eu or na is the best after this game. Fact is we still don’t know. Wait for i40 and judge then.

Even then only a fool would consider one team to represent an entire nation.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from Bash

I’m going to interject here that the scoreboard is nowhere near the real ping.

actual pings are always higher than the scoreboard suggests, you can add at least 20 to 30ms on top – for both sides. For example when I play on dallas the scoreboard says 160ms, my actual ping is 200ms. But nobody afaik complained about the pings, I think the “time” issue played a much larger factor which we saw for the first opening rounds on badlands.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Even then only a fool would consider one team to represent an entire nation.

I didn’t know Europe was a nation.

kaidus

WiK?

Lol it doesn’t matter if the scoreboard ping isn’t “correct”. It still shows an accurate comparison between one player and another :x.

Spike Himself

TC

If this had been a serious match where failure would not be an option, I’m sure eMG would have woken up a few hours earlier.

albert

epx^

some of the best soldiering i’ve seen on both sides, imparticular i enjoyed watching mackey, hocz and seagull (who doesn’t), the scorelines are p irrelevant

though of course if EU had wiped the floor with NA the scores would be much more important

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from BERSERKER

[…]
I didn’t know Europe was a nation.

QUIET YOU I DIDN’T DO GEOGRAPHY

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »