Forum

Problems in the TF2 Community

Created 8th March 2010 @ 14:18

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Problems in the TF2 Community

Since I was not online in the last few weeks, I’ve been thinking of main problems about TF2 Worldwide.

First of all: This is not a troll post or whatever you may think.

Second:

TF2 has been released for more than 2 years, in those years it’s popularity increased. After each update hundreds of new players arrive, hundreds give up the game.

I can surely say that it’s growing is decreasing slowly. But this post is not about the game but the community.

In the last months, changes happened in European Community.

We saw DNB giving up, we saw Daykiller giving up.
We saw D2M as new head admin and lots of admins removed.

Both weqo and Amonsilas were great guys.
Anakin was a good coder too.
Gryzor was a site coder, he did lots of good things to the community. I can speak for him because we are familiar in the way of administration. He is better than me obvious but he is firstly a tech guy. ETF2L lost almost the full tech team.
I see you don’t like very much Skyride but why ? Because he is also an administrator ? A coder ? A tech guy ? ETF2L needs to be an ingenious league, not a league with many sign ups because everyone sign up.

I don’t like to see this community being so weak. That’s why I came up with some suggestions:

First of all, for everyone: Be nice.
Second, get a good tech team for the website, we need innovation.
Third, john carter is not gonna save tf2 community.
Forth, we need to have national communities and them to be strong and useful.

Now about TF2 Lobby.

First when I saw TF2 Lobby I was surprised in the good part. I’ve tried to help the admin team because I felt they needed it. But I was only pushed back. I’ve donated our (TF2 Romania) war server when the system was in open beta. And I played lots of lobbies. As you can see in my profile page: http://tf2lobby.com/profile?id=93

Mangy said: For the record Nightbox was banned for constant shittalking in the chat about how he knew all the secrets behind the site (he didn’t) We only ban in extreme circumstances.

I did not comment this but now I will: “constant shittalking” = constructive commenting; he knew all the secret = reading a page source code; he didn’t = so whats the problem then ?; extreme circumstances = more harmful than a griefer / noshower / rage quiter ?

When tf2lobby was in the closed beta, i used to speak with Mangy, I can say that we were almost friends.

Then what happened ? Simple ! Flame :) He somehow thinks wrong about me, manipulated Mangy to ban me. That’s pretty simple.

I can easly say, that all the players and admins who knows me, won’t post shit things on ETF2L to make Flame think he is right.

I can say thanks to the following:
Gryzor
Skyride
Daykiller
Meeb
D2M
DNB
Anakin
dunc

and the others I’ve forgot.

PS: Only a few, did much things to community. I’m one of the guys who invested their time into this game for the good of you.

Last edited by Nigh,

Pedman

sextant

Ok.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Nigh

I can say thanks to the following:
Gryzor

i was going to read this post, but i saw this before i had a chance to start reading and didn’t bother at all

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

gryzor is a great guy, i had no problems with him, he helped me in various situations. :)

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

i was going to read this post, but i saw this before i had a chance to start reading and didn’t bother at all

don’t lie, we all know you read it ;)

reCon

Nightbox is back <3 :D miss u!

Never really knew Gryzor but he seemed ok, seemed a bit of an attention whore though. The bit about John Carter was brilliant. Don’t know why your mixing your vendetta against TF2lobby and the state of they ETF2L techies. Also the bit about Skyride was fairly random.

Last edited by daithi1,

Pyle

You forgot to mention Obama became president !

Evil

TF2 is dead

Swarley

cool^m

Prophunt is the new 6v6

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from Nigh

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I really want to flame you but last time I flamed somebody I got a warning so I’ll refrain from that.

You’re an absolute fucking moron though. That’s the truth to be honest.

PS Swarley, Dodgeball > Prophunt

Last edited by Thalien,

nvc

Last edited by nvc,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Thalien

[…]

I really want to flame you but last time I flamed somebody I got a warning so I’ll refrain from that.

You’re an absolute fucking moron though. That’s the truth to be honest.

PS Swarley, Dodgeball > Prophunt

moron=”n. A person whose IQ lies between 45 and 59. Slightly stupider than a retard (60-69) but still smarter than an idiot (below 45).”

So it’s a flame :) Remember what I’ve written ? Be Nice.

Abunai

I don’t understand the Nightbox hate to be honest.
Sure his English isn’t amazing, and it is sometimes hard to understand his point, but the intention always seems to be good; at least he is trying to do things for the community rather than sit there and say that it is dying and not worth saving.

I only play in a fun clan consisting of friends so I don’t really follow the whole LAN/Prize money/health of the community scenario but at least Nightbox puts some effort in, or offers to.

Last edited by Abunai,

Moreg

dc.

so basically, what is this thread all about? You got banned and you have had to tell us?

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »