Forum

Demoman Targe Turn Script

Created 6th March 2010 @ 04:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

NOTE:
This Script should not be used in ETF2L matches as the use of +left and +right are counted as bug exploits under ETF2L rules. This is intended solely for use on public servers.

Was playing around with the targe earlier on a public and the whole using seperate keys for left and right when charging was getting on my nerves a little. So I made this script to do it.

Essentially what the script does is automatically bind your normal “a” and “d” keys to be +left and +right when you actually charge, then change it back after your charge is up. It will change back when you either click mouse1 (I.e. swing at someone with the sword) or jump (seemed an appropriate alternative).

The functionality of the script is disabled by default, so you can use F11 to toggle it on and off (this can easily be changed in the script though, there is a comment showing where to change this). Also, the script is entirely class agnostic, this means that you won’t have to put anything in your class configs to make other classes work correctly.

It was 4am when I was testing this, so theres probably some bugs, if so, post them here and i’ll sort it out ASAP.

old: http://px1.voodoostats.com/clickcounter/click.php?id=4

Updated:
-Changed how it handles keys to make it very easy to change your walk and attack keys.
-Fixed a couple of bugs which would cause you to keep spinning after attacking

old: http://px1.voodoostats.com/clickcounter/click.php?id=5

Updated:
-Fixed bug where strafing would stop when a player jumped or used attack with the script enabled
-Changed when strafing and turning stops to give more fluid movement

old: http://px1.voodoostats.com/clickcounter/click.php?id=6

Updated:
-Changed how key binds are handled to allow spectator mode to work properly

Hopefully this should be the last update. The script is now probably massively over-complicated, but meh, it does the job well.

latest: http://px1.voodoostats.com/clickcounter/click.php?id=7

Cheers, Adam ;)

Last edited by Skyride,

sgN^

TKN

dude, get some sleep =/
SEE U @ I39 DOUCHE

Edd

T2P

nice :D

crz

T4F

awesome stuff there!

someone using +left / +right in a 6vs6 was ever flamed for bug abusing? happend to me last days

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from crz

someone using +left / +right in a 6vs6 was ever flamed for bug abusing? happend to me last days

It’s not really a bug though, if it was Valve would have fixed it by now (it’s not hard to lock it to a straight line when charging).

Hiper

-YSND-

Quoted from crz

awesome stuff there!

Well,its an exploit,you are not supposed to do that.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

It’s not really a bug though, if it was Valve would have fixed it by now (it’s not hard to lock it to a straight line when charging).

I don’t think the difficulty of fixing it is that relevant ;>

compton

cvx|

There are many bugs and exploits that are allowed in ETF2L so you can’t really say whether it’s allowed or not before ETF2L makes a statement about it.

my usual key config will blow your mind and I can’t get this working with it.
halps

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Shintaz

my usual key config will blow your mind and I can’t get this working with it.
halps

Whats wrong? Just put it on your cfg folder and put “exec demo_targe_script” in your autoexec and it should be fine. :)

as in, I don’t use A D mouse2 and all that shit for strafin and alt firing and all that

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Shintaz

as in, I don’t use A D mouse2 and all that shit for strafin and alt firing and all that

Ah, I see. hmm…. I suppose I could make it so you could change your keys on it a little more easily.

However for the mo, go to where it says “Keybind Scripts”, then replace a, d, and space with whatever you use. Then go down to “Enable/Disable Script effects” and again replace, MOUSE1, MOUSE2 and SPACE with whatever you use.

Last edited by Skyride,

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from Shintaz

Out of interest, what do you use then?

Quoted from Warmaster

[…]

Out of interest, what do you use then?

Forward: Mouse 2
Backward: Click mousewheel down
Strafe left: ,
Strafe right: .

I’m not even going to bother telling you the rest. brb trying to adjust the cfg

Rele

Quoted from Shintaz

[…]

Forward: Mouse 2
Backward: Click mousewheel down
Strafe left: ,
Strafe right: .

I’m not even going to bother telling you the rest. brb trying to adjust the cfg

Isn’t that like Quake 1 style or sth like that? I somehow recognize this.

Which button is mapped to shooting btw? :)

Last edited by Rele,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »