Forum

Picmip hack / Low LOD

Created 15th February 2010 @ 16:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Quoted from Archy

Found on the ESL rules page:

2.1.5.1. Config changes – Videocard drivers or similar tools

Changing the game graphics or textures with the help of videocard drivers or similar tools is illegal. Furthermore any kind of overlay that displays the system performance while playing (e.g. Nvidia SLI Display, Rivatuner Overlays) is illegal. Failure to comply with this rule will result in 6 penalty points for the player and the team. Tools that only display the FPS are legal. Regardless of being actively used, if these scripts are found in part or in full in your config files, you will be penalized.

Had to give it up :/

I would like to know why they disallow it since it only helps fps, but I guess that’s not a discussion for here.

AnAkkk

Changing video settings to make the quality low is disallowed in most games leagues if you check the rules, mat_picmip can’t be set to higher value than 2 either if sv_cheats is not 1, and other commands are protected in the same way, and this is because it allows you to see the opponents more easily I guess.
As nubonamission says, he does this to gain an advantage.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Gobi

WSB?

It will not be an advantage if everybody knows it and can do it.
And it’s not because it’s disallowed in most games leagues that we must follow.
We’re no sheep and we can think by ourselves.

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

Quoted from AnAkkk

Changing video settings to make the quality low is disallowed in most games leagues if you check the rules, mat_picmip can’t be set to higher value than 2 either if sv_cheats is not 1, and other commands are protected in the same way, and this is because it allows you to see the opponents more easily I guess.
As nubonamission says, he does this to gain an advantage.

Besides seeing your opponents more easily, I was using it because it was easier for me to spot a scout hiding somewhere or trying to go behind and flank, not to mention being able see stickies a mile away.

Kasuno

Deimos

But when my game was like nubonamission’s screens i couldn’t see through walls and shitz like this
anyway i think it shouldn’t be banneable cause some people rlly need that and anyway low lod doesnt remove all teh fucking wallz, just little props afaik

lork

the only solution is that valve allow more than mat_picmic 2 without sv_cheats, until then i preffer dont use external programs and drivers tweaks to get low lod.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2