Forum

Gunboots idea

Created 2nd February 2010 @ 10:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

xzr

ur useless nightbox, go play your div6 games with your pickaxe, it’s not overpowered elsewhere

Rele

Quoted from Nigh

few times did not, but hey you were saying Pickaxe is op, im trying to find a solution and you say troll. Nice sense.

I never said Pickaxe is OP.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from xzr

ur useless nightbox, go play your div6 games with your pickaxe, it’s not overpowered elsewhere

I don’t play in Div6. :)

Rele

But in Div5 :)))

Last edited by Rele,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Rele

[…]

Default Solly. You know, the one that comes without unlocks.

Also, 150dmg at 1hp. lmao. HE’S GOT ONE HP FOR GODS SAKE.

But he runs really fucking fast so it’s tricky to dodge (especially if you’re a medic – it takes about 12 minutes to go through the weapon switch animation in tf2, just to get your needles out).

The way to fix the equalizer is remove the damage boost, or even invert the damage, and keep the speed (so it can be used defensively rather than offensively, to escape to health packs or resupply).

Last edited by Mark,

oblivion

The pickaxe is not unbalanced, 30hp sollies are not hard to kill whatever your class, however to pull off a kill with the pick is normally down to luck, or the fact that you used corners well.

ilike2spin

RLM

The thing that’s got me once or twice with the equalizer (as medic) is that sometimes, if the enemy solly jumps at you and pulls the equalizer, if your solly hits him once then he has a one hit kill on you. Before there’s even time for you to pull out a weapon or for your solly to fire the next rocket, the movement boost allows him to run past and kill you.

It’s not the times where a solly hides with 1hp that bothers me, its that on a couple of occasions, actually attacking the enemy solly gave them the opportunity to 1 hit kill me.

Anyway, this thread is not about the equalizer. I think the gunboats would be great if they reduced fall damage too tbh. They have a great specific use I think which works at times. Maybe it’ll have a strategic use like using a sniper or in some situations a spy. I hope some top teams in EU use it anyway (I heard Jaeger does?)

Rele

I think what really irritates people and makes them make false judgements isnt that the Pickaxe is particularly overpowered or unbalanced, but that it’s clearly better than the Shovel.

I like Honeymustards suggestion tbh.

Last edited by Rele,

xzr

+1 relentless and honeymustard

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

The main issues with the pickaxe are:

1) sound in tf2 is very poor quality and it’s rarely used to know where enemies are because lets face it, it’s such piss poor quality you’ll never hear that solly running at scout speed coming from behind you

2) the pickaxe lets you ambush and get an easy 1-hit-kill

3) the speed boost lets you escape using corners to ur advantage and staying alive where u normally wouldnt

4) demomen can jump and a pickaxe solly can come from nowhere and if you miss your first pipe you’re dead

5) It’s miles better then the shovel

It’s clearly imbalanced, as it can 1-hit. It’s not a skillfull 1-hit either… ambush or ninja and you can get the medic with full uber and clutch the game. Yeah… real fun.

lork

i preffer play vanilla+medic and dont see soldiers moving like scouts and killing like retardeds whit the noblauncher :D

Just dont see the point of waste our time trying to fix pubweapons :<

ps. as a soldier i think that the most op weapon is the pickaxe

Pandylo

The points is against good scouts shotty is crucial

tteh-t

Quoted from Mark

[…]

But he runs really fucking fast so it’s tricky to dodge (especially if you’re a medic – it takes about 12 minutes to go through the weapon switch animation in tf2, just to get your needles out).

The way to fix the equalizer is remove the damage boost, or even invert the damage, and keep the speed (so it can be used defensively rather than offensively, to escape to health packs or resupply).

According to TF2 Wiki, the damage is now 33-162 / 200-1 hp, and with 20 hp you can do 150 dmg.
I think the damage should be more like 33-150 / 200-1 hp, so that you would literally need to be at 1 HP to kill a medic with one hit.
That damage roof could be even lower, of course.

Jones

The only weapon that has actually made the soldier stronger is the pickaxe. It’s odd how the majority of the community cried that soldier was under-powered and then when it gets a little boost (the pickaxe) everyone cries it’s over powered.

The reason people cried about the soldier before was its inferior ability to clutch kill. All the pickaxe has added (in terms of assault) is the ability to add another kill to a clutch one in every -[insert number greater than 10]- attempts.

Last edited by Jones,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

You’re a pretty intelligent guy Jones, so surely you see it’s other uses as an escape weapon, and as a use to get around faster. The fact you spam a solly to 20hp to see him whizz around a corner to resupply is well… dynamically shit. Im not speaking as a scout really (no real problems here), but as a solly and demo, you have set opportunities to get picks. Picks are pretty crucial to the game as they can decide a push or not, the pickaxe gives the solly a higher chance of surviving any attack (other then a full frontal from a scout ofcourse).

I don’t mind the solly have a boost either way, but I feel the pickaxe needs tweaking so to say. Either lower the damage output or lower the speed boost, it shouldn’t be such an impressive offensive and defensive weapon.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »