Forum

Gunboots idea

Created 2nd February 2010 @ 10:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Danger Ranger

MAD

Valve did ninja patch them a while back. The only bug that’s left is when attempting a rocket jump, and an enemy is within the range of the rockets splash damage, but wouldn’t get hurt (wall in the way), damage reduction for the gunboats doesn’t happen. The same when rocket jumping away from ubers, which is a shame.

They are a strong unlock, having an extra soldier at mid can be great, that being said they still need a little something for sacrificing the shotgun. You shouldn’t be able to run them with the shotgun though, it would just be ridiculous (even if you did loose the equalizer for it).

Another annoying thing is this ( and I don’t care how good you are this will happen to you one day!)

Ammo management fail 101:

Running into second, firing away, incoming spam… Uber… few that was close…ow ♥♥♥♥ no more rockets…♥♥♥♥ now I have my equalizer out and I can’t be healed or ubered anymore…and can’t swap back to the rocket launcher because I have no ammo.. facepalm… *Medic rage meter has increased*

Personally it be nice if when you took gunboats it swaped your shotgun for a pistol, giving you a mediocre weapon for when you run out clip when your up close. Wouldn’t really increase your long-mid range potential seeing as you could just reload an extra rocket for better effect. It would also make the weapon a little less situational. But I doubt valve would do that.

Last edited by Danger Ranger,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from oblivion

The pickaxe is not unbalanced, 30hp sollies are not hard to kill whatever your class, however to pull off a kill with the pick is normally down to luck, or the fact that you used corners well.

That’s the thing though, it’s so easy to pull the equalizer out at ~100hp and the enemy will think you’re low, so they’ll do some damage, but it just makes you more dangerous, so it can be easy to get some cheap kills that way. You say its easy to kill them, but if they surprise you then you’re usually fucked. Bear in mind that 30hp soldiers are easy to kill but 30hp soldiers running almost at scout speed and surprising you aren’t so much.

albert

epx^

Haven’t read thread, so sorry if this has been posted before, but I think a better solution is to give them a rechargeable rocketjump, like the same effect sandwich has. Then they wouldn’t gimp your offensive capabilities so much and would be useful for their original purpose (to aid rocketjumping).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4