Forum

TF2lobby opens to the public

Created 19th January 2010 @ 20:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

If you want to do that, the best way is probably to just take an average of points or kills per match with a treshhold of, say 3, matches played.(or something a bit more elaborate than just points)

But i can imagine this stuff being pretty low priority. :)

Black_Bob

[DA]

Got to say this lobby is awsome, just had a great game on it and i can see it getting alot more people into comp play :D

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

It is GREAT!

Silan

(Actual Size)

Quoted from MangyCarface

I will not repeat myself past this: no external chat programs will be officially looked at.

If you’re really hurting, press valve for better ingame codecs

That just seems very stubborn. “We refuse to ever look into this improvement.”?!

I know theres a lot of arguments for and against, but above statement seems silly.
Anyway, good luck with the project.

MangyCarface

We cannot do stat reporting without having some sort of server plugin: servers cannot report to an outside source without having sourcemod or the like.

Instead we are opting for a user-report based karma system, to discourage rage quitting and poor sportsmanship in general.

Deleteme

I think the region indicator should be besides the numbers of players. Its a little bit irritating having to put your cursor over the lobbies to see the region, especially when there are over 5 lobbies. Would just make it a bit more user friendly being able to obtain information at a glance.

Last edited by Deleteme,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Love this site. Love this idea. Love these people. Lots of love.

.:ne:. are going to keep a server for tf2lobby, mumble channels too for those that wish to use them.

Sketch

MM

i know i must be being stupidly dumb but how exactly and where would you put the code you are given

“The account you create is linked to your SteamID by typing or pasting the tf2lobby: code anywhere into your Steam Profile.”

does it need to be your steam name or something?

FluffY ZeuZ

Would be cool if you could do a point ranking like in the HoN beta version. so points are given for a victory and deduction from losses of course. More points +/- the higher point ranking the opposition teams player have. So you could check the rating of a pickup before it starts.
I know you need a plugin for it, but since valve are giving you servers for the purpose maybe add a plugin to those servers if they agree to it. I know it can’t be done on the userbased servers but still.

Would be great with some kind of skill ranking, so you won’t get into a mid/high gather if you’re completely new to the whole 6vs6 gameplay style.

……………………..Just an idea, not a demand…………………..

Last edited by FluffY ZeuZ,

FluffY ZeuZ

Quoted from Sketch

i know i must be being stupidly dumb but how exactly and where would you put the code you are given

“The account you create is linked to your SteamID by typing or pasting the tf2lobby: code anywhere into your Steam Profile.”

does it need to be your steam name or something?

Go into your profile on steam, put the tf2lobby code thingy under “Summary” on your profile in the very first line. make an account. once it’s up and running, you can edit it again, and remove the line. :)

Sketch

MM

omg i was being dumb

thanks

flame

if it doesnt let you sign up for whatever reason try switching web browsers or reloading the page.

I know it sounds silly but it seems to be solving the problem for a lot of people.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

This looks promising for a casual game and a great way for new players to be introduced to the format. For me I always wanted to get some friends from pubs to play with me but they are intimidated or too lazy with the whole IRC, mumble/ventrilo thing. I will sign up and get some friends to as well

Sketch

MM

is there a possibility to have a clans function set up… so one clan can group as a 6 and join another clans lobby and no non-clans can join ie single mercs looking for a game. if that makes sense. it would make finding pickups easy as it cuts out all the server fussing

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

give it an approval system
where you rate the players after the game
e.g. + o – maybe with comment
but please dont count 11 votes, calc the average and give it to the player
5+ and 6- should be o (maybe he owned the team and therefore they gave -)
but 8- and 3+ should be –

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »