Forum

TF2lobby opens to the public

Created 19th January 2010 @ 20:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 18 Next »

shank

vs

Awsome work!
But still some improvments needed.
Should support games up to highlander (even 1v1).
Should be able to host a game with up to 3 maps.

and that ranking system that would shuffle the teams so it would be even ;D

flame

Quoted from Silan

[…]

That just seems very stubborn. “We refuse to ever look into this improvement.”?!

I know theres a lot of arguments for and against, but above statement seems silly.
Anyway, good luck with the project.

I dont think anyone needs mumble support, at all. This needs to be accessible… we’re marketing tf2 and tf2 only… not becoming a sponsor for ventrilo and mumble providers.

not to mention who wants to require players to download 3rd party programs to play a quick 6v6. obv you can just put the mumble info in the lobby chat if you want to use it but making it a feature would be a waste of time.

ilike2spin

RLM

For some reason, whenever I join a lobby it doesn’t show any of the other players in it. Then when i go back, and look at the lobby it shows me in it with, say 10 other people. I can’t ready up or anything, what am i doing wrong? I managed it when it was in the testing phase.

James Lame

BLLB

Nice, will try it out later today.

Sketch

MM

this was awesome last night. great idea and well done

darkman

starlight

It is possible that team c2 can give 1 european server (Nl or de) :)

Waster

Hmmm. Difference in skill level will always be a problem. Especially when introducing the pubplayers to 6vs6. At the moment, it isnt enjoyable. Not for the n00bs and not for the pro’s. And i wasnt even playing with some pubbers who can only play pyro.

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from cheee

give it an approval system
where you rate the players after the game
e.g. + o – maybe with comment
but please dont count 11 votes, calc the average and give it to the player
5+ and 6- should be o (maybe he owned the team and therefore they gave -)
but 8- and 3+ should be –

+1

flame

imo you shouldnt be able to rate people who weren’t on your team.

otherwise people will get rated based off whether or not they pissed off the other team but maybe they were helping their team out which is all that matters

Defur

maybe we can make like search seactions
like in HoN?

Noobs only
Low+
Mid-/Mid/Mi+
Pros

?

Quoted from Defur

maybe we can make like search seactions
like in HoN?

Noobs only
Low+
Mid-/Mid/Mi+
Pros

?

+regions/languages

MangyCarface

Karma and substitutions added: http://tf2lobby.com/news
Join the group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2lobby

We will not be discriminating by deathmatch skill, but by karma levels. Competency and sportsmanship are far more important than frag power, and I hope you’re willing to play with less skilled players, as long as they’ve got good karma, to help them get better.

Rotab

≧◡≦

“If a player doesn’t show up or leaves the game early, you can report that player as missing by clicking on the “Missing Player” button, then the name. After 4 players report someone missing, a sub request is automatically sent to the main lounge”

So at least 4 players have to tab out and click a button? Might aswell just continue playing.

MangyCarface

Quoted from Rotab

“If a player doesn’t show up or leaves the game early, you can report that player as missing by clicking on the “Missing Player” button, then the name. After 4 players report someone missing, a sub request is automatically sent to the main lounge”

So at least 4 players have to tab out and click a button? Might aswell just continue playing.

That’s really not positive feedback. We can decrease it to 3 players, maybe, but any less and we risk false reports of ragequitters, leading to inaccurate karma calls and wasting of substitutes’ time. This is a solid system for now, and I doubt anyone could possibly take more than 30s to perform the entire alt tab out and back in- but there are also an enormous amount of us who run the game in windowed, noborder mode with high quality processors and sufficient ram that switching between two apps is a total joke.

(edited to be more civil)

Last edited by MangyCarface,

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from MangyCarface

[…]

Alright, negative nancy, since you’ve come up with such great solutions yourself. How long’s it take to alt tab out? 30s on a fucking awful computer? Calm down, christ

Ok fine, let one player report it, send status to the server to check if there’s at least one player missing, send a sub request to the site.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 18 Next »