Forum

TF2lobby opens to the public

Created 19th January 2010 @ 20:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I got kicked once because I did not chose my class instantly on joining but wanted to leave the choice of the class up to the last player joining (I did not mind playing demo or medic). Stupid people!

myNax

I think there’s currently a bug that players can’t open a new lobby :s
edit: okay works now.

Last edited by myNax,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from MangyCarface

… if you middle click on your created lobby it will open correctly in a new tab and stay up because it won’t time out on you

Thanks, that works nicely.

@Ambra: I’ve had plenty of matches on the lobby using our server and our mumble. We just tell people to type !mumble in chat and they get connected automatically to our mumble server, the tf2lobby channel and even into the right team channel too, so comms become more likely.

We’ve played with Div2 players and demo’s who walk to middle on Badlands ‘cos they’ve never played a comp match before. It’s all good. Some games are epic fail but they’ll be over in 5 minutes and you can just start another.

I’m not asking you to become some kind of tf2lobby mentor, or to coach people, but a simple ‘pushing now’ over comms can work wonders.

Or just dont bother, w/e.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

I think it’s fair to assume that the lobby is the absolutely first encounter with competative play for allmost all its players, no demos watched, no guides read or other previous research. It might be hard to imagine what you can achieve by doing things differently if you haven’t seen or read about it. And they don’t. There also seems to be this attitude problem of a good time equals minimal effort. We have to find a way to make them seek out the information somehow, preferably by sticking it right under their noses in an easily accessible format. I really liked how nub uploaded a demo along with the comms track for one of their games. I think that a movie with comms showing different angles of situations and pointing out strategical choices made in a text strip could inspire the little pubbers to mimic their competative counterparts. It should deal with basic things like:
-Mid fights and the importance of getting there fast
-holding flanks and protecting the medic
-when and when not to push
-communication and team coordination

Last edited by ell,

Sketch

MM

maybe just a group of really well made tutorials on how to play competitive?
for now you could start it off with a few videos like ryb’s demo jumps to middle on badlands and the how to play scout and solly videos etc. make them ready to play within tf2 loby? under a heading “want to improve your gameplay?”

Memento Mori

It’s shit

myNax

Just joined a gravel lobby and as we joined the server, the map changed to badlands so we had to play stopwatch on badlands. Two days ago, there were crits enabled on a badlands lobby although they were disabled in the lobby options. Still, I think it’s pretty amazing what you’ve created there and I still enjoy playing it :) Would be cool if you could fix these bugs though ;)
Edit: Same thing as earlier: Joined a granary lobby, map was goldrush…

Last edited by myNax,

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

I just tried one of these. The system is great and works excellent. Now that i’m using the opera 10.5 beta, it works a bit better than before, but the stats still are pretty wonky if i don’t enable the IE canvas fix.

So the website and system is pretty good. I like that. Too bad this isn’t my thing at all. I thouroughly hate it :P Back to public servers for me :)

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

dougiie

CotC

anyway you can get rid of the announcer saying TIME TO FIGHT

so so so annoying

how about something to get rid of the noobs that play pyro instead of playing soldier? or at least a little something to get people to understand what classes to play.

Quoted from dougiie

so so so annoying

This is my only complaint right now, otherwise its a great system.

Monkeh

Quoted from dougiie

so so so annoying

Not sure what I’m doing wrong/right but I’ve never heard any woman shouting at me….except the missus ofc!

Tikcus

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Not sure what I’m doing wrong/right but I’ve never heard any woman shouting at me….except the missus ofc!

You don’t hear it in IE8

Tikcus

Quoted from .

how about something to get rid of the noobs that play pyro instead of playing soldier? or at least a little something to get people to understand what classes to play.

host game, select -utilities, or -utilities+sniper

-utilities, only allows soldiers, scouts, demo, medic and heavy

Waster

Reliability is really stupid feature how it is implented now. Firstly two games get scheduled on the same server. So that was really stupid and i am not wasting my time to that. Secondly, when after 10 minutes two medics dont show up i am not gonna wait another 15 minutes for some medic mercs. I just leave and have the best hopes for the next game. This isnt ragequitting at all.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 Next »