Forum

TF2lobby opens to the public

Created 19th January 2010 @ 20:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 18 Next »

MangyCarface

Yall need to read what I actually post, so I’ll use bold and caps here

RAGEQUIT SOLUTION IS ON THE WAY WITHIN TODAY. WE UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM AND ARE ADDRESSING IT

So many of your issues will shortly be resolved.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Question for Mangy:

I used to have no problem setting up my own lobby with our server however, as of the last week or two, whenever I set up a lobby I get returned to the main menu again, I can see my lobby in the list, with me in it but if I click on my own lobby then it just disapears. Also if I just wait, I see people joining and then it….disapears.

When I used to set up my lobby, or join another, it would appear in the same tab of my browser too, now it opens up a new tab!

Please can you help?

I’m using Vista and IE if that’s relevant and it’s only been the last 2 weeks or so.

btw RQ percentage is awesome.

Last edited by Monkeh,

MangyCarface

Awhile ago it was changed so that new lobbies open in new tabs, if you middle click on your created lobby it will open correctly in a new tab and stay up because it won’t time out on you

ambra

I played 3 matches in this and I could confirm my initial thoughts.

cons:
-terrible, terrible players
-exactly like a public server without instarespawn and without crits
-people dont speak (mostly) and generally don’t care about the match: they just want to play
-there is no way this service can help bad players to improve

pros:
-wonderful overall design: the system works perfectly and the stats recording system is incredible
-micspam: like every public server, it would be as fun if there wasnt some guy running around with a pyro or a highlander loading up some funny stuff or some cool beats. Please never ban micspammers.
-exactly like a public server: given the overall lack of skill of the players, you can do anything you want and STILL be credit to team.
-meeting with people from the US is a nice break, considering how annoying is the average 17 years old european player that most certainly finds the lobby a great chance to prove his talent (right)

flame

yeah its more or less right now a new player first step for 6v6.

i mean obviously higher level players will feel like theyre carrying or like theyre unbalancing teams if they play alone with a bunch of randoms.

i do suggest getting some friends and making a passworded lobby on your own server if youre going to scrim or something. The play by play camera tells you pretty much everything and who doesnt like stats.

I never join a lobby if I dont know more than like 2 or 3 people in it.

ambra

I’ll stick to the highlander thing with us guys and play as engineer

Monkeh

Quoted from ambra

I’ll stick to the highlander thing with us guys and play as engineer

Alternatively, use your Div 3 experience to help some newer players and lower skilled teamates to improve. A few simple voice comms from you could really help improve both your experience and your teamates performance in the current, and future games.

Granted, sometimes it will be a pointless exercise but occasionally, just every now and then, it may be worth while….surely more worthwhile than playing engy with a 200 ping anyways.

Last edited by Monkeh,

ambra

if there is ONE thing that I totally despise (among the many other) is not being listened.
I normally have no problems sharing my experience and giving tips about the game when people ask me, but the idea of trying to speak to a bunch of uninterested people makes me very uncomfortable.

The first things I tried to do were telling these guys when to push, how and where: absolutely no response, never.
Nobody is interested with me the least person willing to waste time for a bunch of def people.

I’d much rather play engineer minding my own business
I can’t even do that because anyone hardly ever plays 9v9 highlander because some seriously think theyre going to pull anything good from playing 6v6 with strangers.

What are they thinking is beyond me

Last edited by ambra,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Alternatively, use your Div 3 experience to help some newer players and lower skilled teamates to improve. A few simple voice comms from you could really help improve both your experience and your teamates performance in the current, and future games.

Granted, sometimes it will be a pointless exercise but occasionally, just every now and then, it may be worth while….surely more worthwhile than playing engy with a 200 ping anyways.

It is not ambra’s, or anyone’s job to have to play every game like they are turning into some sort of teacher figure.

Not to mention it is impossible for anyone to learn at TF2Lobby, the quality of players is simply too low, and too few people use the right equipment (a mic, primarily).

If people want help with their game, I don’t see the problem with approaching people instead of wanting ambra to turn into some sort of prophet on your accord.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Eh, if you don’t enjoy it then don’t use it. Simple as.

Some people enjoy the TF2Lobby pickups, i do as do most of the .:ne:. guys, we have had quite a few good fun games on there, maybe you haven’t Ambra, if that’s so noone is forcing you to keep using the system.

Traxantic

TLR

Since the stats system came in, you get these people going: Low+ (+20 matches played) in their server name. And when you join in that and you only played 13 matches, but are higher skilled than low+, you get kicked out. In the end you’ll ONLY have these lobbys that you’ll need certain limits for to join it.

It’s pretty retarded imo.

This is a 6v6 pub. That is all.

ambra

Quoted from Enef

Eh, if you don’t enjoy it then don’t use it. Simple as.

I really dislike people coming out stating something very obvious in a “lawful good” manner trying to catch agreement by people who didnt bother reading the full thread but just gave a look to the last page.

example
A says: TDH is a retarded weapon and I dont like who is using it
B says: if you dont like TF2 anymore, stop playing
then C says: wow tl;dr but ye I agree with B and A sounds like a faggot
great contribution, much apreciated.

As a scientist, I most certainly can’t form a statement about a whole system just after one day of “experiments”; I can give out a few impressions though and even if I know perfectly that no one cares and no one is going to anything to improve a system considering my impressions, it still satisfies my passion for typing bad things in general.

I’m not done playing yet but my complaints will keep appearing for a bit.

Last edited by ambra,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

It just looks like you are torturing yourself, or giving yourself an excuse to bitch and moan constantly. Either way, you don’t like the system, go back to your IRC pickups and have fun :)

ambra

pickups stopped being funny when EVERYONE started playing them: back in the days it was only about good players having fun and a few lows being introduced to the real thing.
recently, its just as bad as the tf2 lobby, but at least you are given a vent channel and the fact that its based on irc filters a good chunk of noobs who are scared by that spooky client.

the actual torture tho would be being forced to comunicate with the creatures dwelling the tf2lobby… till then, I find it less tiresome than looking for a random public server filtering the settings every time

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 18 Next »