Forum

How to determine skill ?

Created 23rd September 2008 @ 08:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

LD

In order to determine whether you’re low, med or high consider your place in the etf2l divisions, not where you are but where you belong, and which teams you can give a beating.

Ie if you belong in div1 and can put up a good fight against TLR, 4k etc you’re skill “High”.
If you do ok against div2 teams and beat up div3 you’re mid maybe mid+.
Most div3 and below are low or low+.

The guidelines above are for clans note, like some earlier posters said, deciding your individual skill is more difficult, but a good thing to throw into the measurement mix is your experience in pcws, clawnwars and your accumulated merits, how well you consider yourself to read tactics against higher clans and anticipating their movement, this comes from experience and a great deal of gameplay.

Best regards
[IDAC]LD

AnimaL

div 3 isnt low, more like low+/mid, but id agree to everything else

LD

“If you do ok against div2 teams and beat up div3 you’re mid maybe mid+.
Most div3 and below are low or low+.”

matches quite well with what you said if you ask me :) like i said, its where you belong, not where you are in the papers

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Consistency is what it’s all about!

Smofo

Im THAT good!

div5 low, div4 low+, div3 mid, div2 mid+, div1 high

N/A

RaWr ::

Smofo your pretty much right although i’d say Div3 – Low+, Div2 – Mid.

Haunter

this is not about divs, there are player in lower div’s with higher skill :)

NeoN

boys

Why not to use ‘divN’ terms instead of ‘low—- high+++++’ ? If you wanna find easy meat – decrease div number by 1 or maybe 2, if you want to be an easy meat – do inversed step :D

lowhigh terms have been messed up during last monthes, when count of teams became so high.

If you try to find mid skilled team for pcw now, you can meet team from div5 till div2 .. you dont know what to expect. Ofcourse you can make a list of teams, which you want to play with, but that sucks..

Btw, when you registeredit team, you should notice “skill” graph, where you can choose a number… Is it used somehow during divisions creating or smthing? Or its just old-school stuff, from the times, when noone knew each other? ))

weqo

broder
syster

Team skill setting on ETF2L site is only something that we admins use when seeding to see where the teams rate themselves.

Wlv

RaWr ::

Observation is as important skill as any in tf2 :)

Waebi

‹Con›

skill is if you have +o on #mpuktf2.pickup…

uh… nvm :D what i mean, the “skill” level should be divisions too, maybe ppl would rate themselves a bit better regarding their true levels.

Or just make it possible to change Division during the season :D jk.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

the troubles come in the fact that alot of it depends on opinion and how people rate themselves and others. I see teams in div1 being considered mid+ while teams at the bottom of Div2 considering themselves high.

The other trouble is that people rate themselves on how well they can do against teams in pcw’s and think they’re great if they win 1 game in a row. 1 game means nothing, you need to be able to do it consistantly and in official games where your opposition is actually playing to win, rather than trying different tactics or a different team.

Jones

I think smofo’s is good:

Div 5 = Low
Div 4 = Low+
Div 3 = Mid
Div 2 = Mid+
Div 1 = High

Reasons are its simple and easy to understand. Obviously its just a guideline but it seems to make sense to me.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2