Forum

Best Settings ?

Created 6th December 2009 @ 16:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

achy

Hey guys, I have just been speaking with a guy on irc and he told me that the best settings for tf2 are not always the highest?

I play 1280 x 1024 everything on full
I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
rate 35000 67 67

What settings and rates do you find run the smoothest?

I have a pretty powerful pc and i have to use an fps config to make it smooth

I have a pretty powerful pc and i have to use an fps config to make it smooth

This, as retarded as it is.

achy

so you think a fps config is the best thing to use?

grimbar

The best thing to use is the thing you feel comfortable with.

Iller

tGa

You should use sufficently low settings so that you fps is constantly high enough even in heavy fire fights with a lot of enemies.
Try to see if it is enough to play on some lower settings, if not then use an fps config.

An fps config can also be recommended for another reason, namely that those usually turn off a lot of effects and background stuff that just distracts you from focusing on the enemies and important stuff.

Some people also like to play in a very low resolution. I played in 640×400 for a while.
Now I’m using the full 1920×1200 on my screen and really like that.
Try some different resolutions and see if it feels better. Also, using a lower should improve your fps a lot.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Mmmm… 150 fps on max settings, that’s the best setting for tf2

RUJa

STD

Also, a very high viewmodel FOV is extremely important to become a pro. When you see your character’s arms float by themselves in the air and when the animation looks weird – you have reached the spot where you perform your best!

Edit: What Iller said!

Last edited by RUJa,

fJack

k^m

keep your FPS above your refresh rate. everything else is preference.

Arnold

DAKKA

just keep your fps steady, that is all.

Mike

SF

when I played I had to use a low config, mat_picmip 10 and fullbright and still got like 50 FPS

on a 3.2GHz q6600

flushy

P.O.P

didier drogba has AIDS

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Depends what people prefer, change the settings play with them for afew weeks etc. See how you are. Just make sure your FPS is consistently high, if all settings on max is what you want then go for it. Just make sure that ur fps is high enough so you get smooth gameplay.

ZeyOrk

didier drogba has AIDS

ITS A DISGRACE, ITS A FUCKING DISGRACE!

AnimaL

1) get good

2) change cfgs to ur like

not the way around

Last edited by AnimaL,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »